Do you think they should get rid of the void gate glitch?

Do you think they should get rid of the void gate glitch?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should get rid of the void gate glitch?

• Yes
    • No

As for The void walk I personally don't like it but you should not hate on people that do use it.
As It really does not cause any problems other than "Hey they are doing something I don't like. We should remove what they like so I can feel better."
What klei should do Is make a way for players to  build a bridge.
since they took the void (paper ocean) off the surface. People replaced it with boat bridges.
And eventually klei even added proper flooring with docks.

What would be cool is if they kept it with the lore in that these are actually cave tunnels. as shown in some previous posts. and have this new turf placer be like a drill item That spawns a bunch of boulders and rocks similar to those found into the "cave tunnel" to the archives.
I know mods That can do terraforming and klei already knows of a way  to make turf thats placeable on areas that normally wouldn't be considered part of the main land.
Heck just even like 1 or 2 turfs worth of bridges in the caves would help immensely. 

On 2/3/2023 at 10:46 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

ask wanda and how she was changed to dont be able to hit throw gaps

If only the one, single mechanical instance you could use to prove your point wasn't effectively invalidated by literally every other mechanical instance in the game.............

Things fall into the abyss.  Other attacks and visual triggers go over the void.  In the game its a bottomless pit regardless of what they draw in videos.

Nah, Wanda wasn't nerfed on that "b/c walls" she was nerfed like that b/c a Klei Dev saw her attacking over the gap and for some crazy reason thought it was OP.

31 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I strongly doubt this is related to walls. I think it's a voidwalk cheese fix for fighting cave bosses 

It was because she could attack over the gap in the barracks sets to kill rooks at a safe distance.  Same reason they nerfed Klaus getting stuck on his sack - both senseless changes that literally defy the logical consistency of the game for absolutely ZERO improvement in player's lives.  idk which dev is doing these things, but I really hope THEY aren't the ones leading the internal conversation about how bad void walking is...

6 hours ago, Shosuko said:

If only the one, single mechanical instance you could use to prove your point wasn't effectively invalidated by literally every other mechanical instance in the game.............

Things fall into the abyss.  Other attacks and visual triggers go over the void.  In the game its a bottomless pit regardless of what they draw in videos.

Nah, Wanda wasn't nerfed on that "b/c walls" she was nerfed like that b/c a Klei Dev saw her attacking over walls and for some crazy reason thought it was OP.

and because said dev said there are suppose to be walls...

but okey, think what you want

21 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

and because said dev said there are suppose to be walls...

but okey, think what you want

No lol  Literally every single other mechanic voids that theory.  All you have is prototypes and pictures.  All game mechanics sans 1 single thing defy "cave walls."

40 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

No lol  Literally every single other mechanic voids that theory.  All you have is prototypes and pictures.  All game mechanics sans 1 single thing defy "cave walls."

okey, klei c&p surface old sea because they didnt found how to introduce walls but that is the proof that there isnt cave walls lore wise despite devs saying that, trailers showing them, old versions having them, etc

47 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

okey, klei c&p surface old sea because they didnt found how to introduce walls but that is the proof that there isnt cave walls lore wise despite devs saying that, trailers showing them, old versions having them, etc

How often do you have objects fall through walls into the abyss?  Very often?  b/c playing the game, that happens :\ 

It could NOT happen if the devs wanted to simulate walls in game, but they didn't, so it does...  b/c we don't have walls...

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

How often do you have objects fall through walls into the abyss?  Very often?  b/c playing the game, that happens :\ 

It could NOT happen if the devs wanted to simulate walls in game, but they didn't, so it does...  b/c we don't have walls...

whatever, you wanna be right despite something that doesnt work like how is suppose to be in the lore

i guess the survivors dont need to go to the toilet because in the gameplay you dont experience that neither

pd. the void splashing makes totally sense and isnt at all a result of c&p surface old ocean

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

something that doesnt work like how is suppose to be in the lore

It's just a game, it doesnt have to be 100% lore accurate. Yes void arent accurate with lore, but making wall that block vision will cause negative effect to gameplay, and im thankful for that klei use void instead of wall in cave. There might be a good way to implement wall, but is it worth the effort implement something you cant interact? 

If game is 100% accurate with lore, i dont think it will be as fun as it is now.

3 hours ago, Tranoze said:

It's just a game, it doesnt have to be 100% lore accurate. Yes void arent accurate with lore, but making wall that block vision will cause negative effect to gameplay, and im thankful for that klei use void instead of wall in cave. There might be a good way to implement wall, but is it worth the effort implement something you cant interact? 

If game is 100% accurate with lore, i dont think it will be as fun as it is now.

read what i said previously. I dont care if is walls, void, water or whatever but i dont like and i think that looks bad to have map generator simulating corridors and rooms for a cave with walls when later there are no walls, stuff falls splashing, ranged atacks work in a non intended way, etc

i just dont like this chimera of concepts, recycle code and art that breaks the immersion everytime i fight in the ruins, i telepuff from one biome to another or cross the archives tunnel

On 2/3/2023 at 9:04 PM, Shosuko said:

senseless changes that literally defy the logical consistency of the game

Off the top of my head the only interactions with the wall are bats & ghosts obviously can't fly through it, melee attacks obviously can't go through it, and ranged attacks for some reason can go through it. Ranged attacks being able to go through it is the inconsistency, not melee attacks being unable to go through it.

On 2/4/2023 at 2:51 AM, Shosuko said:

How often do you have objects fall through walls into the abyss?  Very often?

No, very rare. Because it's a bug. Notice how you aren't allowed to manually drop things into it and it has a water splash effect with no water to make it.

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

No, very rare. Because it's a bug. Notice how you aren't allowed to manually drop things into it and it has a water splash effect with no water to make it.

Cleaning Atrium can lead to many such happenings when switching sanity beside Obelisks: your bag can be thrown into the Void (and everything "deleted" by Abyss), tamed Beef, other players, your character. Can also happen if you build at margin of map, beside Abyss. These occurrences may also be some of the reasons Abyss glitch is still present/wasn't (yet) touched upon - perhaps a complete rework of how map margins function is on the pipeline, at least as a future "to do". Maybe.

PS:

On 2/4/2023 at 2:01 AM, Evelo said:

I've only used this bug (Glitch is a bad word at my work place :P ) to delete excess hounds teeth because I don't want to deal with keeping a Lureplant contained.

This! This right here - so-very useful especially in pubs, where excess/"garbage" items just accumulate everywhere in communal base(s), Hound Teeth and Flint being main "culprits".

With how huge maps are now, even lazy explorer is kinda weak for how old the item is. Weak as in I mean brittle. If you wanna just poof over to somewhere it would take a lot of charges. It doesn't work any bit similar to Wortox jump either and cannot be replenished without excessive means like deconstructing.

Should they just make it refuelable like the amulet? Instead of needing to use fuel it could have it's gems to replace the one that depletes in a socket. Kinda like how moon lenses work just plop a gem in a hole. Might solve two issues with that - the excessive amount of orange gems now you got if you play early or to longterm worlds to some bits of travelling issues that the game opposes. It might not become so much of a useless gem that gathers then?

Or another way to do it. You'd need a deserter and a lazy staff. You could channel your staff to teleport to those locations where deserters are at. You'd need those two key items for that to work.

3 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

With how huge maps are now, even lazy explorer is kinda weak for how old the item is.

but for that we have beefalos. The speed tendency is very confy to use since almost never ask you for food before riding and with the speed saddle you can navigate the entire map in few time

you can even combine beefalos with jumping gaps with the explorer

3 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Instead of needing to use fuel it could have it's gems to replace the one that depletes in a socket

wont be a bad change

On 2/4/2023 at 2:39 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i just dont like this chimera of concepts, recycle code and art that breaks the immersion everytime i fight in the ruins, i telepuff from one biome to another or cross the archives tunnel

Welcome to modern Don't Starve together. You described 80% of the game today.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Cups said:

Have the pro-cave wall folks actually like...seen the old caves? Because they do not look fun to play in. The walls got cut for a reason.

i wish there were a technology that allows to see throw items when they get in front of the camera

maybe in that way the giant trees from the waterlogged biome wouldn't block our vision.... oh wait

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i wish there were a technology that allows to see throw items when they get in front of the camera

maybe in that way the giant trees from the waterlogged biome wouldn't block our vision.... oh wait

Yeah, if only...  We have an option to disable the canopy SHADOWS but not the actual canopy, the annoying part that covers the screen...  But if we want to turn off the shadows - the part that is useful and shows us where its protection extends to?  Yeah, we can turn that off lol

Of course there are MODS that could do this, but not every version of DST has access to mods.

Archived