Do you think they should get rid of the void gate glitch?

Do you think they should get rid of the void gate glitch?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should get rid of the void gate glitch?

• Yes
    • No

Blank/"control lot" vote pls? I for one am indifferent with a caveat: if this glitch gets patched, KLei should also consider an alternative for long-distance travel in late-game (aside Wanda and Wortox, ofc) - like the possibility to activate in some manner Lazy Deserter for travel without player assistance. This way will also address solo/personal server players' grievance related to Deserter's superfluousness in that context.

1 minute ago, gamehun20 said:

That thing is bad even with players who can activate it.

I don't quite get what you're implying. Deserter has a purpose: to teleport at a cost, namely sanity. What is bad about that? Want less sanity cost? Cheaper recipe for Deserter? Quicker teleportation times? Beside what I previously mentioned I mean (aka ability to use in solo manner).

10 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Blank/"control lot" vote pls? I for one am indifferent with a caveat: if this glitch gets patched, KLei should also consider an alternative for long-distance travel in late-game (aside Wanda and Wortox, ofc) - like the possibility to activate in some manner Lazy Deserter for travel without player assistance. This way will also address solo/personal server players' grievance related to Deserter's superfluousness in that context.

I really hope we get dock-esque bridges for cave void. It's clearly already coded (being able to place new tiles on space you can't walk on - water) so I see no reason to not add something similar underground. Make it more demanding than docks (only 3-4 tiles away from real land, for example) but still usable to bridge small gaps, or bigger gaps, if you build from both sides (3-4 from both sides for a 6-8 tile bridge)

7 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

I don't quite get what you're implying. Deserter has a purpose: to teleport at a cost, namely sanity. What is bad about that? Want less sanity cost? Cheaper recipe for Deserter? Quicker teleportation times? Beside what I previously mentioned I mean (aka ability to use in solo manner).

For one thing one player has to channel the receiving end which constantly drains your sanity and you are locked to it until you let go. You either have to make a second one or use a desert stone which again will lower a lot of sanity. The recipe is fine for what it is. It just feels like a worse wormhole.

Only if they allow us to dig tunnel in cave, like tunnel digging kit (like dock kit).
They did get rid of surface water walking, but they put an ok replacement, boat, and other method to travel across water.

I dont want to walk entire map just to move to a biome right next to the current biome.

1 hour ago, Another membe said:

hope we get dock-esque bridges for cave void. It's clearly already coded (being able to place new tiles on space you can't walk on - water) so I see no reason to not add something similar underground

The void doesn't exist, it's walls. The graphics were changed to omit the walls due to claustrophobic reasons.

1 hour ago, Another membe said:

I really hope we get dock-esque bridges for cave void. It's clearly already coded (being able to place new tiles on space you can't walk on - water) so I see no reason to not add something similar underground. Make it more demanding than docks (only 3-4 tiles away from real land, for example) but still usable to bridge small gaps, or bigger gaps, if you build from both sides (3-4 from both sides for a 6-8 tile bridge)

Perhaps bridges for Caves' void area, in limited capacity/distance as you mentioned, would do too. But is a separate issue from Abyss Gate glitch, which is mostly used to shorten Ruins trips but still, employed for quite long distances (biomes-long).

1 hour ago, gamehun20 said:

For one thing one player has to channel the receiving end which constantly drains your sanity and you are locked to it until you let go. You either have to make a second one or use a desert stone which again will lower a lot of sanity. The recipe is fine for what it is. It just feels like a worse wormhole.

That's the buff/rework idea: to be able to use as a solo player, without the need for a 2nd person to channel.

22 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

The void doesn't exist, it's walls. The graphics were changed to omit the walls due to claustrophobic reasons.

Lore-wise it does seems so. And yeah, long ago in initial Beta DS, it was walls; yet they were impractical from in-game pov, limiting vision field to the point of not seeing enemies right beside player. Not practical all-around, not to mention unaesthetic. A dark Abyss that may hide Lovecraftian horrors seems more in-tune with original DS atmosphere.

3 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Yeah and not actually being able see much because the walls are always in your face

there are games with walls...

meanwhile bishops can shot us throw "walls", item can fall into the void, trailers show real caves and wanda cant hit throw gaps because """walls"""

i prefer if they take a route and use it, lets say void, rockwalls or water but not this hibrid lame half baked caves

Just now, gamehun20 said:

Isn't this just how the old water used to work?

what do you mean? the void seems to be the old water but in deep black which, as i said, feels half baked because it doesnt work like how the caves are supposed to be designed with void gaps instead of walls coverin rooms, rock bridges as replacement of tunnels, etc

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

what do you mean

As in the old cutout ocean in the forest shard it stops player movement, items can fall in, things can shoot through also having walls would mean you would have to walk around the whole map because you wouldn't be able to teleport across small gaps. Walls don't just disappear for teleportation.

2 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

As in the old cutout ocean in the forest shard it stops player movement, items can fall in, things can shoot through also having walls would mean you would have to walk around the whole map because you wouldn't be able to teleport across small gaps. Walls don't just disappear for teleportation.

yes, telepuffing is another inconsistency with their "caves are tunnels but not ingame" kind of lore

What would be the point of cave walls?

Better graphics and letting people know the caves are caves. Most people don't even know they're supposed to be walls and just take them at face value as a pit.

Plus it'd be a good time to fix some inconsistencies and bugs. Bishops & player projectiles shouldn't be able to attack through them, items shouldn't fall into them, you shouldn't be able to crawl around inside them.

Yeah and not actually being able see much because the walls are always in your face

They could make the graphic short, like as tall as a fence then it fades away. Would let you know they're walls and just not showing the full thing to make it easier to see.

Archived