[Game Update] - 531266

11 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

image.png.16147e021ddcf3ad39a8bbb07338f241.png

Just noticed that Maxwell seems to be reading the codex upside down.

I like to think that's why he had to decode the codex umbra when he first got it. Its not because it was written in an unknown language but because the book was upside down.

Edited by Loonytoony
  • Like 13
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

What happens to the items in Maxwell's hat and chester when he enters caves?

Lets just say that we have two ender chests, one for surface, and one for caves. So if you want to go to the surface with something from the caves you have to take it out first and vice-versa 

Edited by K0rrt
  • Thanks 2

I like this update, but I wish there were some changes, such as the ability to fuel amulets like Ice Amulets, life Giving Amulets, and Nightmare Amulets, especially Nightmare Amulets are a bit expensive to build. Finally, I'd be grateful if you could consider the resurrection of beefalo.Thanks again for every update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maxwell Main said:

Okay I’m confused. What does this mean for controller, how will the aiming work?

when you select a spell with right stick you can aim it around within its max range with right stick instead if it just casting a short distance in front of you

• Like 1

I think the shadow prison change is the right direction. The variance has been minimized, especially with the visual que change. Great change Klei, and thanks again for listening to all the feedback as much as you do!

I think I am contempt with this version of Maxwell, and would be happy if he released the way he is now.

Edited by Seig Xeon
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Maxwell Main said:

What do you mean by cross-shard? 

The surface and caves are on separate server shards with separate memory allocation, and magician hats in separate shards don't share contents with each other.  There's ways that they could be fixed to share information with each other, much like how the player transfers from one shard to the other, but it'd add processing costs every time things are added to or taken from these containers, there'd be a time delay for the information update, and it'd create potential for item duplication.  There's ways to detect and correct item duplication, too, but it's even more extra work and memory use every time contents change.

1 hour ago, Seig Xeon said:

I think I am contempt with this version of Maxwell, and would be happy if he released the way he is now.

Your avatar certainly looks like a guy who enjoys feeling contempt for things.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

The surface and caves are on separate server shards with separate memory allocation, and magician hats in separate shards don't share contents with each other.  There's ways that they could be fixed to share information with each other, much like how the player transfers from one shard to the other, but it'd add processing costs every time things are added to or taken from these containers, there'd be a time delay for the information update, and it'd create potential for item duplication.  There's ways to detect and correct item duplication, too, but it's even more extra work and memory use every time contents change.

Thanks for explaining. I had a feeling they were referring to the separate inventories for the cave and surface but I wasn’t sure.

6 hours ago, V2C said:

Unfortunately this is a technical limitation.

Is it possible to at least add an option to switch shadow inventory contents between shards? (cave inventory replaces surface inventory and vice versa)? It could be done in a form of a "hidden switch" in the UI of shadow storage items, that when flipped will "swap compartments" (like in a magic trick). Everyone who was using the shadow storage gets momentarily disconnected from it (maybe they see some animation in the UI to indicate that) and after the inventory gets transferred they can use it again. If there is only one shard, the switch appears "jammed".

Edited by ThymeSpirit
  • Like 2

Thank you for reverting some of the changes!  hope we are getting closer to a final update. It just feels like the complaints will just never end. Majority of the people seem to be already happy a couple of updates ago, and I just see the same 3-4 people finding new things to complain about for each update. It will be impossible to make everyone happy as some very vocal people have contradicting perspectives of how the update should be. I saw this poll and I hope this should already speak for itself:
image.thumb.png.473b5e356065e3f0a2dcc5f60f0bb5c0.png

One thing that I would personally love to see (but if most people don't like it, then it's fine), is each Maxwell in the same world having their own magic storage. Don't get me wrong, I am all on sharing the storage, but in a way where Maxwell shares his storage to other characters through the magic box/ chester, and not 6 maxwells accessing the same 12 slots with 6 magic hats. I feel like the intended use of this mecanic is for Maxwell+ 1 chester player to be able to store items from far away, while everyone else picks up those items from base, or gives an item to the maxwell player or chester player from base to wherever the 2 players are. Having 4-6 Maxwells in the same world would give everyone access to the storage from wherever, and seems like would cause more management arguments. I can imagine a scenario already XD:

Maxwell 1: "Got 8 stacks of logs, gonna put in hat"
Maxwell 2: "Wait, I got stacks of rocks that I need to put, free up some space!"
Maxwell 3: "ughh guys, found the terrarium.... guys? ... guuyysssss?"
Maxwell 4: "Oh nightmare fuels magically increased inside my hat, mind if I take some"
Maxwell 5: "Why the heck is there 3 codexes inside the storage? Which one here is mine? Probably this one that has the most durability"
Maxwell 6: "You guys have storage?"
XD

EDIT: Or another suggestion would be adding 3 more storage slots in the magic box for each additional maxwell in the world

Edited by BB Marioni
  • Like 2
  • Sanity 1