[Game Update] - 531266

• Developer

Changes

• You can now use force attack to target other players’ hostile shadow creatures regardless of your sanity level.
  • Controller changes:
    • Spell wheel now remembers your last selected spell.
    • Twin-stick aiming for AoE targeting spells.
  • Shadow Sneak changes:
    • Slightly increased panic duration.
    • Minor movement speed debuff to panicked targets.
    • Added a visual FX on its targets.
  • Shadow Prison changes:
    • Additional players will no longer cause the prison to break faster than a single player.
    • Added a warning animation when the prison is about to break.
  • Shadow Servants, Polly Rogers, and the Lazy Forager will no longer automatically pick up:
    • Powdercake, Eternal Fruitcake, Distilled Knowledge, and books like the Cookbook.
    • These items were selected due to their high negative impact on a player’s experience when something automatically picks them up.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug where Shadow Prison pillars were not visible for flying creatures over boats.
  • Fixed bug with the Equip action not showing up for Magician’s Top Hat on controllers.
  • Fixed bug with the Stop action not showing up when using Magician’s Top Hat on controllers.

Notes to Modders

• “shadowdominance” is now a component instead of just a tag.

View full update

• Like 46
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Wavey 2
  • GL Happy 2

5 minutes ago, V2C said:

• Shadow Prison changes:
    • Additional players will no longer cause the prison to break faster than a single player.
    • Added a warning animation when the prison is about to break

View full update

tbh, not very happy with the prison time reduced to so little on bosses in the first place, but yes, thank you for fixing it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Shadow Sneak changes:
    • Slightly increased panic duration.
    • Minor movement speed debuff to panicked targets.
  • Shadow Prison changes:

Good changes, TY!

• Like 2

Phew! Good changes!

I honestly can't wait for the fixes to be over so I can finally play Maxwell in normal version (also really excited for the animation, of course!)

Edited by Kesia
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Shadow Prison changes:

The updated numbers (compared to yesterday):

| Players (PVP) |  Bosses  | Other Mobs |
------------------------+---------------+----------+------------+
 Shadow Prison Duration |     6 sec     |  12 sec  |   24 sec   |

Players Attacking Prisoned Target | Duration Removed Per Second |
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------+
                0                  |           1.00 sec          |
                1+                 |           1.50 sec          |

Players Attacking Prisoned Target  |  Players  |  Bosses  | Other Mobs |   Percent   |
    (Assuming Constant Throughout)   |   (PVP)   |          |            | of Original |
-------------------------------------+-----------+----------+------------+-------------+
 0 Players - Shadow Prison Duration  |   6 sec   |  12 sec  |   24 sec   |    100%     |
 1+ Players - Shadow Prison Duration |   4 sec   |   8 sec  |   16 sec   |    66.7%    |

* Players include their followers (if any)

Also, the new Shadow Prison animation:

Shadow Prison - Warning

Spoiler

shadow_pillar-shake1.thumb.gif.fce5de61ffdd2145f99320b0e9744130.gif shadow_pillar-shake2.thumb.gif.425252b43dfcdbe8b6f75b1a36bcb49f.gif shadow_pillar-shake3.gif.afcd5f01c8a96c7eb4b7e8c8b9081b06.gif shadow_pillar-shake4.gif.278c2559ed3576271282e243526638dc.gif

EDIT: And the new Shadow Sneak FX

2 hours ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Shadow Sneak changes:

Pig - Shadow Sneak FX

Spoiler

pig-idle_angry.thumb.gif.ff7b872489957d82f956a12a47d580f8.gif pig-run_loop_down.gif.73b6a90dc6dd606020c2794f34d5edbc.gif

Edited by Instant-Noodles
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

10 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

Is it now possible to aim the spell like I hope so?

Yea. You can move it all around within its maximum range from you and spam it out until you cancel out and it follows you while you are moving.

Edited by Soul7k
  • Like 2
  • Health 1

Welp. Time to test it tomorrow and see what is happening. For now it seems like we got+ 2 seconds if compared with the last nerf, but still 4 seconds lost from before any nerf. The animation advice mechanism might make up for it so I ll not along much for now. Gnight yall and thanks Klei for ur hard work.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Soul7k said:

Yea. You can move it all around within its maximum range from you and spam it out until you cancel out and it follows you while you are moving.

Thanks for passing along the info :)

I hope this can be applied to other similar items like the dumbbell and the lazy explorer in the future.

38 minutes ago, V2C said:

You can now use force attack to target other players’ hostile shadow creatures regardless of your sanity level.

image.png.200146e13cec8f92f7cafd0614b1cdb2.png

Yay! I'm happy to see the previous implementation still be considered. I thought it was a lot more immersive with sane players being unable to see AND attack shadows creatures spawned from other insane players, but I understand the game hasn't given the player enough capabilities for revealing shadow creatures while sane. I hope this can make a comeback sometime. :)

• Like 12
  • GL Happy 1