[Game Update] - 531266

32 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

One thing that I would personally love to see (but if most people don't like it, then it's fine), is each Maxwell in the same world having their own magic storage.

32 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

EDIT: Or another suggestion would be adding 3 more storage slots in the magic box for each additional maxwell in the world

That awkward moment when I agreed with suggestion before edit, but not after (or at least to much less extent).

I think that instead of adding more storage slots per Maxwell more interactive approach would be the one I described in following thread:

Spoiler

Brief summary of suggestion:

1. Maxwell should be able to separate his own shadow containers from "public" shadow dimension container, and he should be able to carry no more than 1 magician's hat at a time to avoid nearly infinite inventory.

Shadow chester should stay public. Magician's box should be accessible by anyone in proximity of the box regardless the net it belongs to.

2. Maxwell should be able to link any separated containers in proximity (via spell, for example) into one "net" that would behave the same as current one - "public" - does (just separate), and unlink if one wishes so.

This would give opportunity to multiple teams to not reduce their efficiency and would give another choice to people who want to cooperate, but don't want to make items in shared space free to steal (because of lack of knowledge of other players or due to ill intentions).

@V2C General changes to shadow inventory would be also nice: eyebone and other irreplaceable items should be allowed to be stored here, but destruction of last "window" to shadow dimension should make them drop on the ground much like it works for normal containers. Polly roger hat could get the same treatment (last I checked one could deconstruct hat while Polly is holding eyebone and eyebone would be gone forever).

Edited by Pig Princess
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 minute ago, Pig Princess said:

That awkward moment when I agreed with suggestion before edit, but not after (or at least to much less extent).

I think that instead of adding more storage slots per Maxwell more interactive approach would be the one I described in following thread:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Maxwell should be able to separate his own shadow containers from "public" shadow dimension container, and he should be able to carry no more than 1 magician's hat at a time to avoid nearly infinite inventory.

2. Maxwell should be able to link any separated containers in proximity (via spell, for example) into one "net" that would behave the same as current one - "public" - does (just separate), and unlink if one wishes so.

This would give opportunity to multiple teams to not reduce their efficiency and would give another choice to people who want to cooperate, but don't want to make items in shared space free to steal (because of lack of knowledge of other players or due to ill intentions).

@V2C General changes to shadow inventory would be also nice: eyebone and other irreplaceable items should be allowed to be stored here, but destruction of last "window" to shadow dimension should make them drop on the ground much like it works for normal containers. Polly roger hat could get the same treatment (last I checked one could deconstruct hat while Polly is holding eyebone and eyebone would be gone forever).

Whichever change would be nice honestly. This way people can still use Maxwell, create a shadow chester and magic box, switch to a different character, if they want to take advantage of the long range storage using other characters. It's just having multiple Maxwell's where I see the issue. 

• Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. Maxwell should be able to separate his own shadow containers from "public" shadow dimension container, and he should be able to carry no more than 1 magician's hat at a time to avoid nearly infinite inventory. Shadow chester should stay public.

Just now, BB Marioni said:

Whichever change would be nice honestly. This way people can still use Maxwell, create a shadow chester and magic box, switch to a different character, if they want to take advantage of the long range storage using other characters. It's just having multiple Maxwell's where I see the issue. 

that would be finally an buff for maxwell not for most the team and some for maxwell i would like that too

12 minutes ago, edulopes said:

that would be finally an buff for maxwell not for most the team and some for maxwell i would like that too

Actually it can be viewed as buff to the team in certain circumstances, and Maxwell still would be better than anyone at using shadow dimension because he is the only one who has portable "window" and would be the only character able to change "nets".

For example, I could see myself passing supplies to base from one part of the map (let's say I'm mining salt formations and looting Waterlogged) while also being able to pass emergency healing, armor and boat to my friend on monkey island while not risking monkeys stealing salt, figs and spiders of all things. With Wanda's watches it could be even more interesting.

Or another case: I want to pass supplies to my friends that are fighting Celestial champion on lunar island, but don't want random to take those dark swords and night armor. But I also want to help randoms out of the gate by keeping magician's box here and giving them second flint and optionally lantern (without going to portal every time).

Edited by Pig Princess
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

For example, I could see myself passing supplies to base from one part of the map (let's say I'm mining salt formations and looting Waterlogged) while also being able to pass emergency healing, armor and boat to my friend on monkey island while not risking monkeys stealing salt, figs and spiders of all things. With Wanda's watches it could be even more interesting.

i already done this Specific things using wandas waches and maxwell+  maxwell boxes, one guy stayed on base , i have maxwell boxes in every corner of map, so i was gatering wood in lunar island, one friend was getting moonquay stuff, and one was cleaning the box
would be eaiser or better to make an net

• Sanity 1

17 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Actually it can be viewed as buff to the team in certain circumstances, and Maxwell still would be better than anyone at using shadow dimension because he is the only one who has portable "window" and would be the only character able to change "nets".

Or another case: I want to pass supplies to my friends that are fighting Celestial champion on lunar island, but don't want random to take those dark swords and night armor. But I also want to help randoms out of the gate by keeping magician's box here and giving them second flint and optionally lantern (without going to portal every time).

and it will still be useable without a maxwell, as long as there is a magic box+ shadow chester in the world.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

34 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

and it will still be useable without a maxwell, as long as there is a magic box+ shadow chester in the world.

Actually only magician's box would be enough, but yes, 1 person could potentially use "public" net in portable way. My idea is that all net connections should be kept even without Maxwell around. For example, magician's box on my boat linked to magician's box on monkey island wouldn't be accessible for anyone who finds shadow chester or opens magician's box in oasis/pk base, but if I invite that person on my boat or they visit monkey island they would be able to use containers whatever character they play. Even if I myself would switch from Maxwell to Wickerbottom, for example.

Edited by Pig Princess
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, edulopes said:

what you guys think about duellists focus the same mob that maxwell, and if maxwell is not attacking, keep the same mindset

sounds neat, but honestly I just want to move on from all the duelist changes. The never ending changes are tiring and depressing.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Actually only magician's box would be enough, but yes, 1 person could potentially use "public" net in portable way. My idea is that all net connections should be kept even without Maxwell around. For example, magician's box on my boat linked to magician's box on monkey island wouldn't be accessible for anyone who finds shadow chester or opens magician's box in oasis/pk base, but if I invite that person on my boat or they visit monkey island they would be able to use containers whatever character they play. Even if I myself would switch from Maxwell to Wickerbottom, for example.

I think the magician's box can be locked or unlocked. After being locked, it is similar to the piggy bank of Terraria. After being unlocked, the space can be accessed, but other characters can only access their own space whether locked or unlocked. Only Maxwell can access the private space unlocked by others from his hat, that is, Maxwell can access space items in multiple latitudes

4 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

Thank you for reverting some of the changes!  hope we are getting closer to a final update. It just feels like the complaints will just never end. Majority of the people seem to be already happy a couple of updates ago, and I just see the same 3-4 people finding new things to complain about for each update. It will be impossible to make everyone happy as some very vocal people have contradicting perspectives of how the update should be. I saw this poll and I hope this should already speak for itself:
image.thumb.png.473b5e356065e3f0a2dcc5f60f0bb5c0.png

One thing that I would personally love to see (but if most people don't like it, then it's fine), is each Maxwell in the same world having their own magic storage. Don't get me wrong, I am all on sharing the storage, but in a way where Maxwell shares his storage to other characters through the magic box/ chester, and not 6 maxwells accessing the same 12 slots with 6 magic hats. I feel like the intended use of this mecanic is for Maxwell+ 1 chester player to be able to store items from far away, while everyone else picks up those items from base, or gives an item to the maxwell player or chester player from base to wherever the 2 players are. Having 4-6 Maxwells in the same world would give everyone access to the storage from wherever, and seems like would cause more management arguments. I can imagine a scenario already XD:

Maxwell 1: "Got 8 stacks of logs, gonna put in hat"
Maxwell 2: "Wait, I got stacks of rocks that I need to put, free up some space!"
Maxwell 3: "ughh guys, found the terrarium.... guys? ... guuyysssss?"
Maxwell 4: "Oh nightmare fuels magically increased inside my hat, mind if I take some"
Maxwell 5: "Why the heck is there 3 codexes inside the storage? Which one here is mine? Probably this one that has the most durability"
Maxwell 6: "You guys have storage?"
XD

EDIT: Or another suggestion would be adding 3 more storage slots in the magic box for each additional maxwell in the world

20 people voted in that poll. I've made comments saying he's too strong with similar amounts of likes.

This other poll with many more votes shows it's much more controversial

Screenshot_20221116-100204.thumb.png.1961d5b8743f1372535ab0f2a27d462f.png

Edited by Cheggf

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

20 people voted in that poll. I've made comments saying he's too strong with similar amounts of likes.

This other poll with many more votes shows it's much more controversial

Screenshot_20221116-100204.thumb.png.1961d5b8743f1372535ab0f2a27d462f.png

That thread was posted last Friday, before we had 2 more updates. The thread I found was less than 24 hours ago.

• Like 2

The main problem I see with the idea of a “private” shadow storage is the potential for griefers to steal items and stash them away somewhere completely inaccessible to anyone else even with the option to drop inventory on disconnect on. Plus it just exacerbates the problem of hoarding away rare materials on public servers.

Edited by YouKnowWho
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

The main problem I see with the idea of a “private” shadow storage is the potential for griefers to steal items and stash them away somewhere completely inaccessible to anyone else even with the option to drop inventory on disconnect on. Plus it just exacerbates the problem of hoarding away rare materials on public servers.

You can drop items in the ocean.

• Sad Dupe 1

2 minutes ago, Gerrent95 said:

Honestly I like the shadow storage just as is, every suggestion I've seen for 'improving' it has either killed the point of it or been needlessly complex. Most worlds aren't going to have 6 Maxwell's after the post refresh hype wears off.

but it would be cool at least each maxwell having 3 personal slots

• Like 1