[Game Update] - 531266

7 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

But then Maxwell wouldn't be able to use public net, and if 2 Maxwells would like to connect nets, one of them would have to hammer devices of the other, after which the other would loose connection to rebuilt devices from the rest of his hats/boxes. Not to mention that hammering and rebuilding often would lead to necessity to rebuild any structures nearby.

:wilson_cry:

better than nothing at least

but you are rigth

36 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

But then Maxwell wouldn't be able to use public net, and if 2 Maxwells would like to connect nets, one of them would have to hammer devices of the other, after which the other would loose connection to rebuilt devices from the rest of his hats/boxes. Not to mention that hammering and rebuilding often would lead to necessity to rebuild any structures nearby.

Maxwell could use the public network and nothing would need to be hammered, all the boxes you built + your hat would be connected to your network and all the boxes that a second maxwell built + his hat would be connected to his network, the only thing that would be lost is the possibility of passing items from one maxwell to another through the hat otherwise it would be the same.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, King Maxwell said:

the only thing that would be lost is the possibility of passing items from one maxwell to another through the hat otherwise it would be the same

Passing things between players is kind of the point of shadow containers; 2 Maxwells wouldn't really be worse than Maxwell + other player interaction, but it would be much worse for transferring items between 2 Maxwells than current beta state.

Also constantly rehammering stuff is already very inconvenient with burnt structures/partially hammered build, I'm against creating more such situations.

Edited by Pig Princess
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Passing things between players is kind of the point of shadow containers; 2 Maxwells wouldn't really be worse than Maxwell + other player interaction, but it would be much worse for transferring items than current beta state.

Also constantly rehammering stuff is already very inconvenient with burnt structures/partially hammered build, I'm against if creating more such situations.

But you would pass items between players the same way, you just couldn't pass items from one hat to another.

And yes, having 2 maxwells in the matter of passing items would be worse than in the current state as you would send the items to different maxwells by different structures but I still don't see that hammering you say, it wouldn't need to hammer anything.

By the way I'm already fine with how the storage works.

19 minutes ago, King Maxwell said:

But you would pass items between players the same way, you just couldn't pass items from one hat to another.

If both Maxwells are not near magician's boxes but both have hats, then they wouldn't be able to transfer items between them should your idea be implemented. Which makes them generally worse at this interaction than in current state because transferring could be done in less variety of situations. It's counter-intuitive to have this in-game: if anything, 2 Maxwells should be better than 1 Maxwell + whoever at interacting with shadow magic that influences both.

19 minutes ago, King Maxwell said:

I still don't see that hammering you say, it wouldn't need to hammer anything.

Example. One Maxwell joins the server; he builds base including magician's boxes where it's the most convenient and such; then other Maxwell joins server; lets assume Maxwells are cooperating. What should they do to connect nets? Should Maxwell1 hold hand of Maxwell2 when it comes to building magician's boxes, i.e. abandon everything every single time Maxwell2 would like to created place with access to common shadow dimension? Would Maxwell2 need to hammer and rebuild every container Maxwell1 built so far? If both don't do that, they wouldn't be able to exchange items through hats unless they craft more hats and exchange them. That seems like a solution, right? But for 3rd Maxwell it's 3rd set of hats, it quickly scales. And the same would have to be done in every point were people would want access to shadow dimension: instead of 1 box there would be equal to different net users amount of boxes.

I would rather have opportunity to connect hats and boxes into personal nets via spell in order to minimize instances required for network.

Edited by Pig Princess
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pig Princess said:

If both Maxwells are not near magician's boxes but both have hats, then they wouldn't be able to transfer items between them should your idea be implemented. Which makes them generally worse at this interaction than in current state because transferring could be done in less variety of situations. It's counter-intuitive to have this in-game: if anything, 2 Maxwells should be better than 1 Maxwell + whoever at interacting with shadow magic that influences both.

Example. One Maxwell joins the server; he builds base including magician's boxes where it's the most convenient and such; then other Maxwell joins server; lets assume Maxwells are cooperating. What should they do to connect nets? Should Maxwell1 hold hand of Maxwell2 when it comes to building magician's boxes, i.e. abandon everything every single time Maxwell2 would like to created place with access to common shadow dimension? Would Maxwell2 need to hammer and rebuild every container Maxwell1 built so far? If both don't do that, they wouldn't be able to exchange items through hats unless they craft more hats and exchange them. That seems like a solution, right? But for 3rd Maxwell it's 3rd set of hats, it quickly scales. And the same would have to be done in every point were people would want access to shadow dimension: instead of 1 box there would be equal to different net users amount of boxes.

I would rather have opportunity to connect hats and boxes into personal nets via spell in order to minimize instances required for network.

Now I understand what you mean even though I still don't see the need to hammer anything.
Well, my suggestion really doesn't solve your problem.

4 hours ago, edulopes said:

hey one idea i just Had About the shadow chest @Pig Princess@BB Marioni
well if you put all gems( same colour) in the said chest it would change the type, on a new Moon, reversed as chester, not so cheap, and simple to do

i mean, i don't see any issue with that mechanic. although 12 gems might be a bit tough if u want to share the chest