[Game Update] - 529998

1 hour ago, Phen said:

what if he can teleport inside his magician's chest by stuffing himself in his imbued hat thingy? hmm

I can imagine a very cartoony animation when he wears the hat and it just completely engulfs him, leaving a puff of smoke and your vision turns to black like entering a wormhole LOL

Edited by GNGR bred boi
  • Like 3
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

2 hours ago, Ohan said:

How did they get made even better with participation when they were already shredding everything with previous patch’s numbers at barely any cost? 

they have comparable health to loyal merm guards against high damage opponents and deal more damage but instead of spawning from location bound expensive huts and needing a living king, max spawns with a full codex that can summon 20 duelists anywhere before it needs to be refilled with only 4 fuel. 

The patch notes make them seem a lot better than they actually are, imo. Their damage falls off VERY fast if you aren't on top of the enemy at all times. To give you an idea, this is considered far enough to trigger damage falloff:

image.thumb.png.eb32ba56a9590a9a714655fcbe5968dd.png

Pre-patch damage was 40.

Damage is higher than pre-patch only if you're specifically facetanking with a dark sword, night armor and magic top hat (which usually means nightmare creatures because Maxwell still takes sanity damage when hit with night armor on)

EDIT: Realizing now this would always deal 20 because of no nightmare gear, but damage falloff is such a can of beans right now that I made a separate thread about it.

Edited by Arcwell
made an oopsie
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Z4kV said:

Please make the Magicians chest,tophat and chester inventory shared between shards.

Would be a huge improvement. I wonder if it's possible or if engine\server\whatever limitations prevent it.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

27 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

The patch notes make them seem a lot better than they actually are, imo. Their damage falls off VERY fast if you aren't on top of the enemy at all times. To give you an idea, this is considered far enough to trigger damage falloff:

image.thumb.png.eb32ba56a9590a9a714655fcbe5968dd.png

Pre-patch damage was 40.

Damage is higher than pre-patch only if you're specifically facetanking with a dark sword, night armor and magic top hat (which usually means nightmare creatures because Maxwell still takes sanity damage when hit with night armor on)

So it's fine to forgo the Night Armor and still have the pre patch 40 dmg with Dark Sword + Magican hat.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

Maybe I misunderstand something. A lot of people are complaining that damage actually doesn't scale with proximity, but they never said it would. The duelists attack faster if Maxwell is close to the enemy, but it doesn't give a damage boost.

Edited by Roodmas
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Roodmas said:

Maybe I misunderstand something. A lot of people are complaining that damage actually doesn't scale with proximity, but they never said it would. The duelists attack faster if Maxwell is close to the enemy, but it doesn't give a damage boost.

Patch notes doesn't say it does but it does. Not sure if it's intended or not.

• Like 1

About the Shadow Servents, i think should be considered to not been afraid of nightmare creatures. Silviculture farms (grass, saplings, reeds, etc) makes the player insane during the farm and also brings the need to use a bone helm. The effectiveness of the servents is strongly reduced because of that. Even been possible to do that in the moon island or grotto, i think would be a balance addition, with no further impact.

Thank you for the attention, loved the rework :love_heart:

• Like 12

The changes of aggro being constantly reset to maxwell along with his direct participation in combat to increase the strength of duelists were good but now with maxwell actively participating in combat and having aggro reset to him often it's hard to find loopholes to summon the shadows during combat due to the codex reading animation being too long generating a locked and less fun gameplay my suggestion is:

• Decrease the animation time to the same as an atk

or

• allow you to cancel the animation by walking right after casting

Both suggestions allow for more fluid and dynamic gameplay which is more fun.

• Like 9
  • Big Ups 2

This makes Maxwell's combat a bit more complicated, which is actually interesting. I personally think the current status of Maxwell in the beta is more well balanced and has enough utility to be on par with most of the newer reworked characters, other than Wolfgang who's just OP with no drawbacks. 

The changes makes sense in line with giving more incentive to maxwell building a dark sword and night armor, and his theme of being a nightmare fuel- centric character. I'd say good job Klei for considering the most common suggestions and coming up with these unique mechanics instead of just buffing/ nerfing stats.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to slightly increase the distance at which you can summon duelists and spells?

During some boss fights when summoning shadow duelists too far from Maxwell, he starts walking towards the boss before playing his animation, directly in the boss attack.

I also find the animations too long as King Maxwell said, a possible solution would be to make the animation stop exactly like wickerbottom when she walks away :

57 minutes ago, King Maxwell said:

The changes of aggro being constantly reset to maxwell along with his direct participation in combat to increase the strength of duelists were good but now with maxwell actively participating in combat and having aggro reset to him often it's hard to find loopholes to summon the shadows during combat due to the codex reading animation being too long generating a locked and less fun gameplay my suggestion is:

or

• Like 6

Damage decay with distance is so bad, in many cases maxwell can not personally join the fight because of his low health.

He just kept running to avoid damage, and he's losing more damage now.

And the damage to the servants is now higher, and he can't recover HP, leading to easy death when facing some cases.

So now the situation is servants are very easy to die, and I have to run around to summon servants, but servants cause very little damage.

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

4 hours ago, Cheggf said:

And what does Wurt do other than spawn minions to fight or gather? What does Webber do other than spawn minions to fight?

I'll tell you what they do. They suck. They suck and I don't play them. And now Maxwell sucks too. 

• Haha 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, MEATGOOD said:

Did you? Did you just turn Maxwell into Wanda but without the ruins rushing?

As things should be ;) 

People tend to forget that Maxwell was the hardest character to unlock in Solo DS, it was a reward for completing the games main campaign and usually you unlocked every other character before hand.

The final unlock should be rightfully powerful.. and judging from this awesome rework, Klei must’ve felt the same. :love_heart:

• Like 4

perfect rework in my opnion, give an incentivation to go and get your hands dirty, and you need to get shadow gear, one thing i dont know is about the AOE resistance didnt quite test it rigth but i trust klei knows the best way, 

3 hours ago, Thalz said:

About the Shadow Servents, i think should be considered to not been afraid of nightmare creatures. Silviculture farms (grass, saplings, reeds, etc) makes the player insane during the farm and also brings the need to use a bone helm. The effectiveness of the servents is strongly reduced because of that. Even been possible to do that in the moon island or grotto, i think would be a balance addition, with no further impact.

Thank you for the attention, loved the rework :love_heart:

that's an quite a problem, that i didnt test too, talking about bone helm and bone armor, do you guys have plans to get those itens to count towards "shadow gear bonus" for the duellists? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

As things should be ;) 

People tend to forget that Maxwell was the hardest character to unlock in Solo DS, it was a reward for completing the games main campaign and usually you unlocked every other character before hand.

The final unlock should be rightfully powerful.. and judging from this awesome rework, Klei must’ve felt the same. :love_heart:

Well but this is DST in DST he is not a unlockable character he is avaialble from the start while Wanda on the other hand needs DLC or hefty amount of spools to unlock.

So by that logic Wanda should be more powerful than Maxwell in the end ;)

Edited by ALCRD
  • Haha 1

i think you should be able to animation cancel the codex umbra, today i was testing againts bearger the new clones, i was always getting hit at the last usage of the book, being for summoning the duellists or even caging bearger too close, would be nice to be able to walk as soon as you end the cast of the spell or being able to walk again by changing weapons

3 hours ago, King Maxwell said:

or

would be the best got the same problem today

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sonny8902 said:

omg plz revert back to the last patch, the warriors was sooo much more fun before its really the only thing they have good going for maxwell, plz revert it back the 75 HP is the biggest factor for him and he needs the duelists for him to do anything

I have been a big follower for don’t starve content but this sudden update from yesterdays has been the most disappointing thing ever, yesterday it was great, the duellists did damage but in a small area it seemed pretty balanced and fun, you could kill spiders and beefalo herds, now you have to face tank everything… almost like you’re turning Maxwell into Wendy or wigfrid or something, things were so good yesterday with the neutral 40 damage and such, revert it :c

• Like 1

I agree that the summoning animation length + summoning range + taking arrgo feels a bit frustrating to play with. So being able to walk sooner or just cancel the summon would be nice. Just feels a little clunky at the moment. Though I guess that might be what you going for, in which case, increasing range maybe? idk.

Edited by Daniel14676
  • Like 2

9 horas atrás, Phen disse:

e se ele pode se teletransportar para dentro do peito de seu mago enfiando-se em seu chapéu imbuído? Hum

Pensei em um teletransporte que funcionaria entre as Cartolas do Mago, como uma rede de pontos para os quais ele pode viajar. Algo como "Fui tirar um coelho da cartola, mas deu errado e fui puxado para dentro".

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/144318-teleportation-through-the-magicians-top-hat-suggestions/?do=findComment&comment=1606312

O que você acha?