[Game Update] - 529998

12 hours ago, -Variant said:

It's pretty useful as a farm since it alters mobs drops!
image.thumb.png.70d36111afc743b674e46a6cec725f4b.png
image.png.89a32bd4970b6f36ae37a33723d25a22.png

It still looks very lackluster to me but I will test some farms.

2 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Thank you for the lists and considerations everyone here is a brief overview of the list of items that are currently added to not be picked up by these things which may change before the next hotfix to add or remove some of these. There were already some suggested that are currently not targeted to being picked up due to how negatively it impacts the player if it does.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Wouldn't it be easier to program which items they can pick up? I believe there are fewer items that players would like them to pick up than the other way around.
I myself have a relatively limited list of things I'd like servants to take.

On 11/5/2022 at 9:35 PM, V2C said:

Changes

• Shadow Duelists changes:
    • Attack speed now scales based on the summoner’s proximity and participation in combat.
      • When the summoner is attacking the same target, Duelists will attack slightly faster than before, and when the summoner is idle, they will be slower.
    • Attack damage now scales based on the summoner’s equipped shadow gear.
      • At the current max attainable level, they will be stronger than before, and with no shadow gear, they will be weaker.

After some testing I would like to suggest a slight change.
Removing damage scaling according to maxwell's equipment and leaving it only according to maxwell's participation in combat, at first I liked the damage scaling by equipment but after more game time I found it more limitingly boring than fun.
Suggestion:

• When maxwell attacks or takes enemy damage the duelists have their damage increased for x seconds being reset whenever maxwell attacks or takes damage.

I believe this will generate greater interaction than maxwell's current combat and is more fun than locking the damage increase behind specific items and proximity.

24 minutes ago, King Maxwell said:

After some testing I would like to suggest a slight change.
Removing damage scaling according to maxwell's equipment and leaving it only according to maxwell's participation in combat, at first I liked the damage scaling by equipment but after more game time I found it more limitingly boring than fun.
Suggestion:

• When maxwell attacks or takes enemy damage the duelists have their damage increased for x seconds being reset whenever maxwell attacks or takes damage.

I believe this will generate greater interaction than maxwell's current combat and is more fun than locking the damage increase behind specific items and proximity.

feel's like incentivizing people to tank damage which is the opposite of Maxwell's design being a frail character. I'm alright with the equipment scaling and the speed proximity scaling. Maybe just add more options in equipment to make it less "boring" as you say, though I always played with 1 type of armor and weapon the entire game so personally cannot relate to what you're feeling.

Also, I love the sneak traps as they are as someone who feels farming nightmares for 1 fuel each time i go insane is a really exhausting and time consuming task.

Edited by BB Marioni
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BB Marioni said:

feel's like incentivizing people to tank damage which is the opposite of Maxwell's design being a frail character. I'm alright with the equipment scaling and the speed proximity scaling. Maybe just add more options in equipment to make it less "boring" as you say, though I always played with 1 type of armor and weapon the entire game so personally cannot relate to what you're feeling.

Also, I love the sneak traps as they are as someone who feels farming nightmares for 1 fuel each time i go insane is a really exhausting and time consuming task.

Don't encourage the tank but to participate in the battle even through kiting because causing damage would also activate the damage buff, exactly because of his being fragile disadvantage is that he should be encouraged to participate in fights and not the opposite because if not his disadvantage is non-existent.

About the nightmare fuel farm so far I had no problem, I just planted a forest, marble trees, sticks or grass and made 6 servants and while they harvested this for me I farmed the necessary fuel but I will test the use of magic in farms.

• Like 2

Digging this rework quite a bit so far, specially liking the Magician's Box and Top Hat.
I know is impossible to add this functionality to the cave version, but is there a chance we can get a "Magician's pipeline" of some kind and send the items to the surface "pipeline"? They'd just drop on the ground near the pipe once they reach the surface.
We would need to make it so is either random which pipeline spawn, or to limit their craft with an ingredient that only spawns per world, like glommer statue or pig king, to make sure there can only be 1 "pipeline" per shard. You can base this off of the teleportato from single player for a nice call back; after all, Maxwell is no stranger to transporting items to different worlds.
Is a bit complicated, but I think this functionality would be really cool, since transporting items from caves to surface and vice versa is one very annoying process in this game.

And on another note, the duelist are really overpowered, specially when you stack multiple Maxwells, it makes bosses melt
I was thinking, the servants/duelist are canonically a split part of Maxwell's mind, so when they die in combat, Maxwell's mind get temporarily damage and the lost sanity doesn't return instantly, but it takes 2/4/8 mins to return to the caster.
This way the duelist are still useful, but they're less of a cheap respawnable infinite army and there's a risk associated with them dying, but not when they despawn naturally and finish their job.

This would put him more in line with other minion characters, as there's none that can just respawn their minion over and over again with barely any cost no matter how many times they die.

Edited by CremeLover

I have some suggestions I'm hoping developers consider:
- I would like that if shadow duelist fight crawling horrors and terrorbreaks. I think that would make much sense.
- Could servants dig weeds at garden?
-There is one thing that always bothered me while playing Maxwell. It is that shadow miners mining small marble tree, with new changes they won't  mine if you can place the circle perfectly right but marble farms are always planted together and they are usually not the same size. Is there any way servants to stop mining small marble trees? Or small trees in a tree farm? If there was a way to toggle them to not to mine/chop small trees that would be great.

• Like 1

Loving the new scalable duelists that reward participation and punish afking!

I hope for more gear options to also up their attack for variety sake

Maybe even new craftables or different gear that change how duelists fight?

I think duelists are pretty fair now since they die much faster and maxwell has aggro most of the time to prevent him from feeling too safe everytime they shadow dodge, also night armor taking any hits with all the duelists out and you will be seeing all the nightmares

Also all minions seem OP when spammed with multiple players IE multiple bernies, multiple abigails, wicker bees, so please don't try to think about trying to balance around what if multiplayer and each player brings a squad because the answer will always and should always be everything is easier multiplayer.

• Like 2

• Developer
2 hours ago, edulopes said:

just now the servant grabbed the star caller staff from moon altar on is own, i think it is best to remove it's abbility to grab it, probably he is able to grab mid moon event, thus stopping it

That has been addressed for the next hotfix this was a bug.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Maybe it would be even better if the prison had a cooldown, but it did a big buff to shadow damage, maybe having them dashes consecutively around the mob would be cool. I also think shadows shouldn't lose damage immediately when moving away from the mob, just after a few seconds, because you need to stop to summon new ones, trap the mob, reload the book or just heal yourself since the character has a very low health.

• Like 1