[Game Update] - 529754

1 hour ago, Spirit Glow said:

It's wild to me that the main thing people have always complained about when it comes to maxwell did not get addressed in this rework; his shadow duelists. They shouldnt be confined to one area in my opinion especially considering they have a limited duration.

There should be a way to buff the duelists. Maybe it could be thru holding a dark sword or wearing shadow armor, strength depending on missing health, or even some late game item to be able to buff them. Anything we can do to make them viable please

They are viable, they're pretty useful against non-boss enemies.

• Like 2

• Shadow Servants will now try to pick up whole stacks of similar items at one go before returning.

this is huge

now finally max is best gatherer, and I wanted something that gathers fast for a while now

now all that is left to add to the game is some end game item that can pick bushs and tufts fast

• Like 4

Havent tried the beta.

Are people being able to yoink Maxwell players items from shadow Chester and vice versa (Maxwell remotely stealing items from shadow Chester)

Since i heard the inventories are shared between the hat , magic chest and shadow Chester..

Or does this work differently?

Edited by ALCRD

I think it's too weak for a protagonist in Constant.

Wartox can jump the map, and Wickerbottom can summon the full moon.
Maxwell? there's nothing. ability is weaker. The concept of separation magic makes it possible to move with the box, but it comes back after a few minutes like out of fluid? If only I could add a little more power...

i think i got a good idea, that is add 2 more shadow spell to maxwell

"the shadow copy" its a permanend maxwell shadow, you can only have 1 of them, it halves your max sanity, but it copys all of maxwells equiped items and changes with the real one, you have a football helm on? your copy does so too, go a spear? the copy got one too, change to an axe? the copy changes to one as well

"nightmare share" restore 50 sanity to another player, but you lose 50 sanity in return, to have some sort of interesting coop kinda thing

i think these would be a good idea for maxwell

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Escrowm said:

When shadow workers pick up an item they should automatically put the items inside them and those items should be teleported to magician's chest if we are not in the area of their working space.

I think this would be super thematic and really useful!
Although, with the adjustment that...the items always go to the hat/shadow storage.

Edited by maradyne
  • Like 3

So i had time to test out the beta and yes the puppets still limit sanity which makes me happy. The connected shadow storage is really good! Makes me want to use chester for something other than a bait or a compost bin. Having the puppets in a cast wheel and not in the crafting menu is a well needed change. One thing i'm a bit confused about is having every minion locked to an area even the fighters like why? if i wanted useless stationary defence i would make a houndious shootious, or winona's catapults. I would like a button to make puppets follow you or not.

• Like 3

i still find this buff lackluster, because wanda still can use his shadow kit better than him, wurt can farm better than him, woodie can match or outperform him in gatter, and best him in a figth, wickerbottom can read her books better than him, he is just an BAD jack of all trades and Master OF none, not master of puppets, so i think some changes are in need, i am against an buff from his personal damage, but his puppets need to change, and his speels too, he was bad before, now he is worse... the only good part of his kit you dont need to use him, that is his box and tophat, and shadow sword and armor immunity that whe have on wanda already that has proven to be superior in her regards to him

as i stay and say i hope we can get an master of puppets, and not an master of nothing....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

woodie can match or outperform him in gatter,

if only

1 hour ago, edulopes said:

and best him in a figth,

also not true. If the intention of the new servants was to make woodie more viable they failed at it.

10 minutes ago, Dextops said:

if only

also not true. If the intention of the new servants was to make woodie more viable they failed at it.

hmm im my opnion the former maxwell is best in gatering, and the shadow puppets( duellists) are*STILL* Trash tier..., i dont liked the cage just too situational and probably will get fixed, because cheesing Dragonfly for an example isnt the rigth way, and maxwell is all out of place, in my sigth he isnt the best in any of those woodie CAN use warly honey food, woodie dont spawn tree guards that make tree farm faster, woodie do worse in rock gathering, but in the end the former out do the last

*edit

one more thing, you cant even let you clones chopping and do other things far away, like the Maxwell mod from DST minus, overall, the clones are strangely worse

well other possibility is to make shadow duellist figth shadows, because LOGIC? ( in my eyes at least) they are part of maxwell mind so i think they should be able to figth them?

animations are sick, pretty good:wilson_love:

Edited by edulopes

I think we need an RTS game mechanic here, getting orders for shadows to take or where to go. Something like the "Action queue" mod, select the shadows and resources and let them catch. As for combat, a function of mirroring maxwell's movement would make them work pretty well in my opinion. A command to kill them all at once would also be interesting.

1 hour ago, Spirit Glow said:

there mildly useful at best and heavily outclassed

outclassed by what? Wilson's nothing-at-all? Wendy's entire purpose of a minion? Wurt's minions that need years of ressources to gather? 40x meats hirelings?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Well-met said:

outclassed by what?

LOL are you seriously asking?? XD 

24 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Wilson's nothing-at-all? 

I'm not sure if this is trolling or if you are actually serious? Im just gonna assume trolling since you are bringing up someone who hasn't even been refreshed yet

Mirror Image from DND on Shadow Duelists would also be an idea, they would have 3 mirror images surrounding them that would only survive 1 hit each but prevent the shadow duelist from being affected by both damage and crowd control, once they ran out, the shadow duelist would start taking damage normally