What skin items in this game come with new sounds?

• Developer

You may see all skins that have sounds attached in the prefabs/skinprefabs file with looking for skin_sound.

On 10/15/2022 at 10:49 PM, DelroyBM said:

Froggy Bug Net and (for some reason) the Lavaproof Bug Net have the sfx of frog attacks.

Checking into it.

Edit: Fixed.

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Checking into it.

Edit: Fixed.

Wait, did you just delete the sound for Lavaproof Bug Net? Nooo, I liked it so much! Or was it supposed to have different sound attached? No sound would be sad.

• Developer
19 minutes ago, Lokena said:

Wait, did you just delete the sound for Lavaproof Bug Net? Nooo, I liked it so much! Or was it supposed to have different sound attached? No sound would be sad.

There was a Terraria sound effect for it that was not hooked up instead it was using the frog net sound this will be fixed in the next update when that comes out.

1 minute ago, JesseB_Klei said:

There was a Terraria sound effect for it that was not hooked up instead it was using the frog net sound this will be fixed in the next update when that comes out.

I am unsure if this was fixed(I do not own the skin). But I remember I had heard from others the unique sound effects for the Void Bag skin were not working properly on the client. Was this fixed?

12 hours ago, Hornete said:

I am unsure if this was fixed(I do not own the skin). But I remember I had heard from others the unique sound effects for the Void Bag skin were not working properly on the client. Was this fixed?

It is fixed, iirc.

bugnet_frog
bugnet_lavaproof
bugnet_spider
bugnet_spider_white
firestaff_flamelash
glasscutter_terraprisma
glomling_puft
hammer_hammush
icestaff_icerod
krampus_sack_voidbag
moonstaff_portal
orangestaff_rodofdiscord
reviver_lifecrystal
telestaff_shadowbeam
whip_snapthorn

On 10/17/2022 at 10:05 PM, JesseB_Klei said:

So, um... I'm very sorry to ask, but is there any way to locally change the sound for the skin? Or at least remove it? The new corrected Lavaproof Net sound is too high pitched for my sensitive hearing, I basically can't use the skin now without earache. But I really like the artwork and want to continue to use it. Any help?..

16 hours ago, Lokena said:

So, um... I'm very sorry to ask, but is there any way to locally change the sound for the skin? Or at least remove it? The new corrected Lavaproof Net sound is too high pitched for my sensitive hearing, I basically can't use the skin now without earache. But I really like the artwork and want to continue to use it. Any help?..

Your best bet is to ask someone to make a mod that changes/mutes the sound, it's very easy to do and can be client-sided. There are a lot of such mods on the workshop that remove pet cries or change mob sounds to memes. You could ask one of the authors of such mods, or look for someone here on the forums.

6 hours ago, ThymeSpirit said:

Your best bet is to ask someone to make a mod that changes/mutes the sound, it's very easy to do and can be client-sided.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the mods community. Do you know anyone in particular I can ask?

Archived