A Little Drama + QOL + Hallowed Nights Next Week!

19 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

What? The point is that the whole sanity restoration method via garland makes no sense and works backwards. If you just pick the flowers, there is no point in making the garland. That is my point. The fact that garland restores very little and the fact that picking the flowers to make it already takes care of your sanity issues anyway, are two compounded reasons for why the item has been seen as trash. If picking flowers restored 1 sanity each, and then keeping the gardland on you restored like, I dunno, at least half the amount of sanity that the tamoshanter restores per second by default for example, you would strike balance just right on that, in my opinion.

Garland is for fashion anyway. Potentially 64 sanity per garland (unless the perish time is modified by winter, summer or wx circuits)

11 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

The "Shadow King" is most likely be refreshed this October maybe around the "A Little Drama" update

Maxwell's birthday: October 22nd

Sorry, but no. Octobers update is a QOL, this Theater Drama thing, & the start of Hallowed Nights.

Novembers update may however be Maxwell or Wilson’s rework.

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Sorry, but no. Octobers update is a QOL, this Theater Drama thing, & the start of Hallowed Nights.

Novembers update may however be Maxwell or Wilson’s rework.

No, it's 100% Maxwell then finishing off with the flagship character Wilson

As for "when", it's around 3ish months between each refresh

Webber ~ June 24, 2021

Wanda ~ September 9, 2021

Wolfgang ~ December 16, 2021

Wx-78 ~ April 22, 2022

Wicker ~ August 4, 2022

Maxwell ~ late October - early November 2022

Wilson ~ early 2023

i'm feeling some dissonance from this update as a whole.

the recipe cards feel like they remove some of the experimentation for food - i.e: you're literally told the recipe for a specific meal for the crockpots. this removes some difficulty, which is both good and bad if you think about it. removing some of the experimentation for food makes it so that you get a good result every single time, but at the same time, the game is called don't starve. one of your main goals is to not starve. sometimes the experimentation gives you wet goop.

the skinsets don't feel like they actually belong, in a sense. i'm not sure if they were made by some newer members to the art team. there's definitely something there, but i don't like the execution.

the promo art feels weirdly like fanart. i'm not sure why i feel this way.

overall, it's nice to see new lore, but some stuff just doesn't feel like DST. Don't Starve itself was a randomly / procedurally generated roguelike where your entire goal was to survive. DST was also that, but multiplayer. these days it feels more like a fashion show or just a game to faff around in.

Archived