[Game Update] - 518333

• Developer

Changes

• Bookcases will now have more books added onto the shelves artwork depending on how full it is.
  • Wortox will now teleport to the center of a boat that has an Ocuvigil instead of the Ocuvigil’s location.
  • Adjusted the facial expression for Webber's Guest of Honor skin.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a typo causing the ruins to reuse the barracks layout twice.
  • Fixed Wilson’s Holly Beard highlighting.
  • Fixed various Wolfgang mustaches from being invisible from behind.
  • Fixed audio not playing properly with containers when they open and close while playing on a server.
  • Fixed various clothing layering issues with Wonkey.
  • Earthquake debris will no longer break items created by Cave Holes.
  • Fixed Wortox being able to teleport onto water if the Ocuvigil is somehow not on a boat.
  • Fixed Wortox Soul Hop being more permissive than the Lazy Explorer for teleporting near tile edges.
  • Fixed Bookcases having very loud audio for prototyping.
  • Added missing Bookcase minimap icon.
  • Fixed stalactites blocking buildings from being able to be placed under them.
  • Fixed Smallish Tallbird going invisible during some of its animations.
  • Fixed an issue with Ancient Guardian Shadow Tentacles repeatedly trying to attack hiding non-player entities.
  • Fixed bug where Farm Plants may become untargetable by Horticulture books.
  • Fixed Wickerbottom’s Nom de Plume glasses texture when talking.
  • Fixed Willow’s Coldfire profile view texture.
  • Added missing minimap icons for the Bookcase, Winter's Feast Tree (deciduous and twiggy).

View full update

• Like 40
  • Thanks 8

• Developer

8 minutes ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

(Edit: Wendy's Mary Janes are gone!)

:( we're in the process of adding skintone variants to more of the legs (not yet completed). Looks like there was a mixup with the symbol names in the art changes.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 2
  • Potato Cup 1

Just now, PeterA said:

:( we're in the process of adding skintone variants to more of the legs (not yet completed). Looks like there was a mixup with the symbol names in the art changes.

Is the Inventory image of Formal Webber going to change too, because it is still the old one right now.

• Like 2

• Developer
Just now, Anthony_L3hr said:

Is the Inventory image of Formal Webber going to change too, because it is still the old one right now.

Thanks, adding it to the list to send to the artists :)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 1

18 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Wortox will now teleport to the center of a boat that has an Ocuvigil instead of the Ocuvigil’s location.

I like to put things in the center of my boat like masts and crock pots, will this make Wortox get stuck in them?

• Developer
28 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I like to put things in the center of my boat like masts and crock pots, will this make Wortox get stuck in them?

Some physics pushing may happen like they were already doing with the Ocuvigil the next step is to add in a finder from the center of the boat to find a nearby valid no physics area on the boat to go to and then fixing up the boat's velocity not being taken into account. After that this feature should be done if there are no bugs cropping up.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Some physics pushing may happen like they were already doing with the Ocuvigil the next step is to add in a finder from the center of the boat to find a nearby valid no physics area on the boat to go to and then fixing up the boat's velocity not being taken into account. After that this feature should be done if there are no bugs cropping up.

Somewhat related but could there be something done about physics objects on the edge of a boat pushing you off if you jump into that area? :D While I don't do it myself I see many people get discouraged from boating because they drowned due to building structures on the edge unknowingly after being pushed off just trying to jump on their boat. (Wavey jones can also sometimes spawn behind physics objects, though his hands can atleast be stepped on I suppose)

I always figured the mechanic from placing lureplants(and other objects) where they temporarily have their physics object disabled until the player is out of range could be nicely implemented and applied to objects nearby the embark end position of the player.

• Like 10
  • Potato Cup 1

5 hours ago, PeterA said:
  • Fixed Wilson’s Holly Beard highlighting.

My insanely over the top nit picky detail was noticed! Huzzah! 

• Fixed Willow’s Coldfire profile view texture.

Dreams do come true!

• Adjusted the facial expression for Webber's Guest of Honor skin.

Super sick to see this crop up! I love the change!
Makes me ever more curious on if my Dowdy Willow suggestions are to be considered sometime!

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Potato Cup 1

2 hours ago, PeterA said:

Bookcases will now have more books added onto the shelves artwork depending on how full it is.

no way.

Edit: So because it acts like an alchemy engine and is empty when there are 0 books, characters can now learn recipes from a plain paper :wilsoalmostangelic:

Edited by Duck986
  • Like 2

• Developer
48 minutes ago, dois raios said:

was the bug that made bundling wrap doesnt make sound fixed in this update or in another? i realised just now that now bundling wrap have sound again XD

thx for the bug fixes

This is the update that did that the appropriate netvars were added for the sound controlling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3