Wigfrid Banana Shakes

Should Wigfrid be able to slurp frozen banana juice?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wigfrid get to drink the shakes?

• Yeah
    • Nah

38 minutes ago, Wish_Spark said:

Especially since she CAN drink banana daiquiris.

I won't advocate for this mechanic to be removed, but I really didn't like this choice design-wise. Really felt like it was pushing the "Goodie" tag a bit far for this recipe. Goodies seem to consist primarily of foods that can be considered sweets and candies, but the Daiquiri looks to be more of a drink than a desert, and adding the shake would blur that line a little more.

I would say "no" to this idea personally as I wouldn't want to blur the line between goodies and straight up fruits/vegetables, unless Wurt can get some exceptions to stuff like Leafy Meat.

52 minutes ago, Wish_Spark said:

I'm honestly more weirded out that meat can be used for the recipe and then wurt can eat it and wigfrid can't. So i'd like to see them either change it to exclude meat or let her drink her meat smoothie.

Wait until you find out that it's possible to make Ratatouille with three eggs.

2 hours ago, Owlrust said:

unless Wurt can get some exceptions to stuff like Leafy Meat.

Wurt refuses to eat leafy meat because it's not cruety-free. If it existed in real life, vegetarians would never touch it because you need to slaugher an innocent grass gator or grass gecko to get it. It is still meat but with leafy taste. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Safety said:

Frankly I don't think Wigfrid should be able to eat taffy, jellybeans, or even leafy meat stuff 

From the way I see it, Wigfrid doesn't want to eat anything that is not won through combat. Jellybeans are won through combat, so I'd probably make the only exception for them. Besides, I don't think we should lock characters out of using boss drops. Everything else from the goodies should be locked for her, though. 

I still don't understand why Wig should eat goodies that are not halloween goodies (because it's easy to get a ton of them and they will just waste space). Need sanity? Go fight some spiders, dry some jerky or (if you're in spring) cook some jelly salad (why is it a meat food, again?). Need health? Pierogies or jerky. Hunger? There's already plenty of meat food.

35 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

Wigfrid doesn't want to eat anything that is not won through combat.

I can understand for the Jellybeans, the Volt Goat Chaud-Froid, and even the Taffy, but what about Mushy Cake? All you gotta do is pick mushrooms and chop a tree. A with the Daiquiri all you need to do is pick a bush and mine some ice.

3 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

Wurt refuses to eat leafy meat because it's not cruety-free. 

Wurt refuses to eat it cause of biological reasons. she's a merm, merms can't eat meat. 

if she could she'd definitely eat pigs alive. 

I don't see anything wrong with her being able to drink it it won't really grant her much considering the fact that she can restore sanity easily. Also when it comes to leafy meat these leafy meat dishes were pretty much made for wigfrid since they appeared near wigs rework. I'm kind of neutral when it comes to her being able to drink it but i believe the recipe should be changed 2 meats and 2 bananas give you a shake which is really weird.

My view on Wigfrid vs. Banana Daiquiri is she'd be against it. Not because her viking character doesn't drink (she'd be dead otherwise) but because it's made with fruit specifically.

The fact Banana Shake can be cooked with meat doesn't mean the dish contains meat. It means Klei has been really lazy lately when setting restrictions for crock pot recipes. There's SO MANY recipes of the newer recipes that you can cook with twigs or other inedibles that it stopped being a nice funny exploit back from when the days of Dragonpie and started feeling uninspired and rushed.

10 hours ago, Owlrust said:

All you gotta do is pick mushrooms and chop a tree.

Or kill a mush gnome. I can understand the intention not to lock characters out of the foods with special effects, even if it doesn't always fit the character. And it's weird that she's disgusted by it in the examination quote but eats it nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

Or kill a mush gnome. I can understand the intention not to lock characters out of the foods with special effects, even if it doesn't always fit the character. And it's weird that she's disgusted by it in the examination quote but eats it nonetheless. 

There are some dishes that she speaks highly about yet she doesn't eat them

9 minutes ago, _Ellat_ said:

There are some dishes that she speaks highly about yet she doesn't eat them

I looked through her quotes. I think she should get lower stats from leafy meat dishes. She doesn't speak highly of it. Besides, it's the only type of meat that can be gathered without killing (lureplant farm). I don't think she would consider it a warrior-way to get food. 

2 minutes ago, maxwell_winters said:

I looked through her quotes. I think she should get lower stats from leafy meat dishes. She doesn't speak highly of it. Besides, it's the only type of meat that can be gathered without killing (lureplant farm). I don't think she would consider it a warrior-way to get food. 

Well wigfrid doesn't eat meat. She eats what she believes is meat. But I still believe she shouldn't be able to eat jellybeans or daiquiri. Also going by that logic she shouldn't be able to eat eggs since it doesn't require killing.

Eggs, milk, and honey all come animals so to me it makes sense for her to eat those things. She should be able butterflies and muffin, When you get cut reeds she makes a statment where she says she ate the bugs.

19 hours ago, Owlrust said:

I won't advocate for this mechanic to be removed, but I really didn't like this choice design-wise. Really felt like it was pushing the "Goodie" tag a bit far for this recipe. Goodies seem to consist primarily of foods that can be considered sweets and candies, but the Daiquiri looks to be more of a drink than a desert, and adding the shake would blur that line a little more.

I would say "no" to this idea personally as I wouldn't want to blur the line between goodies and straight up fruits/vegetables, unless Wurt can get some exceptions to stuff like Leafy Meat.

Wurt eating leafy meat would be REALLY weird amd gross, and wigfrid eating banana daquiri is  too. Unless they're monkeys ofc. I mean, at that point Wigfrid should be able to eat drink chocolate flavored soylent and sustain herself off of that.

15 minutes ago, Kyriena said:

Eggs, milk, and honey all come animals so to me it makes sense for her to eat those things. She should be able butterflies and muffin, When you get cut reeds she makes a statment where she says she ate the bugs.

She eats eggs and that's fine, but I guess if you think about it that might be weird, but it makes sense she wouldn't drink milk, or eat raw honey. And butterflies are really just flying flowers with souls.

If a gobbler can eat it, Wigfrid probably shouldn't.

Anyway, maybe Wigfrid drinks daiquiris because it's rum

17 hours ago, maxwell_winters said:

Wurt refuses to eat leafy meat because it's not cruety-free. If it existed in real life, vegetarians would never touch it because you need to slaugher an innocent grass gator or grass gecko to get it.

Wurt is not a vegetarian by choice, she is a herbivore, as referenced by her rounded teeth.

On 7/24/2022 at 9:42 PM, Wish_Spark said:

Pretty weird that Wigfrid can't drink banana shakes, considering they can contain meat and they seem like they'd fit as a goodie item. Especially since she CAN drink banana daiquiris. What do you guys think?

Wurt can actually eat meat and eggs in some recipes with veggies/fruits higher priority. I guess the final product is what matters rather thn the ingredients used.

38 minutes ago, Brubs said:

Wurt can actually eat meat and eggs in some recipes with veggies/fruits higher priority. I guess the final product is what matters rather thn the ingredients used.

Stuff like this does seem to just be a result of code limitations at the moment, I want to note. Dishes are pretty binary on if its meat or not and don't take into account everything that went into them always, leading to some dishes being sneaky and letting characters with exclusive diets sneak in some foods that they can't normally consume!

Archived