One of these days I was thinking about starting the Wurt game and setting up a base in the caves, however, I was kind of sad, because I miss ocean fishing while I'm in the caves. So I thought it would be really cool if we had a new Biome called “Flooded Caves” where we would have a region where surface water is leaking underground, having to use a boat to explore, having new creatures like electric eels and luminescent fish, In addition to being able to fish and store your fish in the sardine can of the boat, you can also find submerged pieces of tulecite, gold, gems and Stone when using Pearl's claw. Here is a photo that inspires me:

640504781_lagodecaverna.thumb.jpg.f8e724061e7065a7233548f645fd2336.jpg

It's a really huge domain free of tons of concepts they could stuff in so I'm really looking forward one of these, caves could give such an atmosphere, plus they benefit from using the ceiling to hang some things, no like I'll start rolling ideas, there's thousands of possibilities :)

Three words: hot air balloon

Edit: threw together a simple idea. 

The top of the balloon would fade out so you could see. 

Maybe it would work with the heavily underutilised 3d aspect, where it would be able to be lowered in certain areas. 

Definitely not able to rise up, or fly to fuelweaver. 

I'm talking about building the airship in a crevasse to fly around, with 3 different planes. 

Maybe the deeper you go the weirder it gets?

Screenshot_20220628_050538.jpg

12 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Caves canonically have walls. Just to put that out there. We can expect that once and if cave content starts pouring in

they can remove some of the boring biomes and add a lake in the way of 'Journey to the center of the earth' since water can be contained by walls

i want to fish angler fish to get glow berries 

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they can remove some of the boring biomes and add a lake in the way of 'Journey to the center of the earth' since water can be contained by walls

i want to fish angler fish to get glow berries 

If only that were a thing in the actual above ground ocean :c

14 hours ago, Trevindo said:

One of these days I was thinking about starting the Wurt game and setting up a base in the caves, however, I was kind of sad, because I miss ocean fishing while I'm in the caves. So I thought it would be really cool if we had a new Biome called “Flooded Caves” where we would have a region where surface water is leaking underground, having to use a boat to explore, having new creatures like electric eels and luminescent fish, In addition to being able to fish and store your fish in the sardine can of the boat, you can also find submerged pieces of tulecite, gold, gems and Stone when using Pearl's claw. Here is a photo that inspires me:

640504781_lagodecaverna.thumb.jpg.f8e724061e7065a7233548f645fd2336.jpg

I feel like the Wilds biome where there's tons of lightbulbs should have something oceany going on. Either that or have giant worm there idk.

half the caves are areas you rare if ever visit, when was the last time you venture into the batlisk area? the rock lobsters? and who know what else?

The caves need a revamp where you have the wilds, the ruins, the lunar grotto and archives and the three mush forests, everything else need changes to make them feel worth visiting

the swamp should have more water and could be the entrance to the new sunken ocean, with a small island in the middle worth visiting

the rock lobsters area can lead to the salt mines, a new dangerous area with new enemies but the possibility to get salt without a boat

and the batlisk area to the crypt full of spooky monster

i really dont care about the caves mosaic in the slightest

2 hours ago, chincer said:

half the caves are areas you rare if ever visit, when was the last time you venture into the batlisk area? the rock lobsters? and who know what else?

The caves need a revamp where you have the wilds, the ruins, the lunar grotto and archives and the three mush forests, everything else need changes to make them feel worth visiting

the swamp should have more water and could be the entrance to the new sunken ocean, with a small island in the middle worth visiting

the rock lobsters area can lead to the salt mines, a new dangerous area with new enemies but the possibility to get salt without a boat

and the batlisk area to the crypt full of spooky monster

i really dont care about the caves mosaic in the slightest

i agree with you but rock loabsters would become useful when they add more content in the caves. In DS they could follow you to the surface but now they cant interact with most of the content for not being able to go to the surface

14 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Caves canonically have walls. Just to put that out there.

Dang I miss those, they really made it feel like actual caves even if they were a bit Wonkey at times. I'd love to see a return in some fashion.

Since the forest and cave is in 2 separated server and the klei's way to divide 2 separated map sistem is add the entrance form forest to cave.

here inspired by the sunken cave idea i had another proposal for realising the continuity of the area effect beside of an entrance: Sunken bio. it is like a lake area spawn in main land but has only half of the lake is showed. and the other half of the lake underground need a grassboat to access. (to spawn in cave map with a grassboat)  i made a 3d model to illustrate my idea

image.thumb.png.b9bf55141206249034d91676c720767b.png

and the lake visual could be similar to the "island lagoon" mod in steam.

Steam Workshop::Set Piece - Island Lagoon

Thus the player can go in to the sunken cave within the other half of lake inside cave server.

On 6/28/2022 at 8:01 AM, Frosty_Mentos said:

Caves canonically have walls. Just to put that out there. We can expect that once and if cave content starts pouring in

pls add walls into the game

Archived