Wonkey skins!

Yes, yes, I know, its way too early to be asking for anything...

But I'ma' ask anyways. There's a small note in the code saying there's no immediate plans for Wonkey skins yet, but if we ever do get anything I'd kill for a skin that resembles Splumonkeys or Primeapes. 

Maybe even one to resemble the Spider Apes from Hamlet! That'd be sick. 

What do you lot think? Yay? Nay? If you'd like some, what do you have in mind?

I don't think that's a good idea considering you cannot even play as wonkey from the start of a game. It would make getting wonkey skins seem like a bad value propisition. Maybe once Moonquay island doesn't take 10 hours to find? :P

11 minutes ago, hhh2 said:

I don't think that's a good idea considering you cannot even play as wonkey from the start of a game. It would make getting wonkey skins seem like a bad value propisition. Maybe once Moonquay island doesn't take 10 hours to find? :P

I think Wonkey skins could be distinguished at the least, it would sting a little bit if they were full on elegants.

I think Login bonus Wonkey Skins makes the most sense. That or a single Wonkey skin in whatever skin bundle is sold next and is focused on this latest update. 

Getting them as drops or dailies would be kinda weird and probably dissapointing for a lot of people. 

I think the whole Wonkey situation and curse is going to be treated and approached VERY differently depending on what character players main. As a Wig main I'd really rather not lose all amazing perks just to be able to eat veggies for a while. Other characters might have good reasons for changing to Wonkey temporarily though. Then there are the Wilbur fans who may stay Wonkey permanently/most of the time. 

7 hours ago, hhh2 said:

there are already many skins that cant be used at the start of the game unless you really rush that items/content

I like the idea of skins to make him look like different monkeys. If he got any skins then skins for primeapes and splumonkeys would definitely be the best first options. Him looking like the spidermonkeys would be a good Halloween skin I think.

11 hours ago, hhh2 said:

There are skins for things like garland (several times), fire staff, pan flute, seed pack it, and a fricken boulder. Monkey skins would be fine. My only concern is how you would apply them, but a worst case would be that you just need to use a wardrobe after becoming him which would be perfectly fine. 

11 hours ago, hhh2 said:

I don't think that's a good idea considering you cannot even play as wonkey from the start of a game.

I get what you mean. Though there also are a lot of skins for late game items you're not gonna start with as well. I still think it'd be fun to have Wonkey skins for when you do get to them! I think that'd be really fun.

6 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

I think the whole Wonkey situation and curse is going to be treated and approached VERY differently depending on what character players main. As a Wig main I'd really rather not lose all amazing perks just to be able to eat veggies for a while.

Actually I had considered this.
I still think it'd be nice to have the skins, because even for the folks that don't want to become Wonkey/are avoiding it, if by any chance you happen to become Wonkey by accident or for whatever reason you can at least look nice until you can change back.

3 hours ago, -Variant said:

I get what you mean. Though there also are a lot of skins for late game items you're not gonna start with as well. I still think it'd be fun to have Wonkey skins for when you do get to them! I think that'd be really fun.

Actually I had considered this.
I still think it'd be nice to have the skins, because even for the folks that don't want to become Wonkey/are avoiding it, if by any chance you happen to become Wonkey by accident or for whatever reason you can at least look nice until you can change back.

7 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

there are already many skins that cant be used at the start of the game unless you really rush that items/content

You're missing my point. Moon quay is not possible to rush since it spawns completely randomly! Ruins is easy to find, so is Lunar island and Pearl's island.

22 hours ago, hhh2 said:

You're missing my point. Moon quay is not possible to rush since it spawns completely randomly! Ruins is easy to find, so is Lunar island and Pearl's island.

I think I am missing your point, cause we've got things like Krampus sack skins which you can't rush either!
I think its fine to have a neat little skin for the character when you do eventually find it, ruins are equally as obtuse to find as the island though both have large hints on where to find them. I don't think that'd disqualify silly little skins for Wonkey. :'o

Just some ideas:

A Triumphant skin with a similar design to the spider monkeys, a Guest of Honor with a different species of monkey, a king or elegant baboon would be great, and a caveman as a Survivor skin.

I would go ape for baboon.

Archived