Free wardrobe skin on website now!

3 hours ago, Peyo33 said:

As always thanks a lot for caring about playstation players too! =D

It's not Kleis fault that Sony as a company are absolute **** when it comes to stuff like this. Last thing they want are users drifting from their little Sony bubble. Trust me, I only play DST on Playstation, and don't blame Klei for this its all on Sony, even Nintendo got on board and they're just as bad..

46 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Snip

Hey JoeyDubs speaking of Playstation, any progress with them, or is the outlook pretty bleak for us? I own DST on 3 platforms but have everything on PS, would love to branch out into my switch and PC. 

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Just a heads up here. We're thinking this is kind of crappy too. 

You shouldn't have to go make an account JUST to get the thing, kind of a waste. We're not trying to encourage people to make extra accounts, we just wanted to reward people a bit for those that have our games on multiple platforms. 

We're looking into possibly making it purchasable by points too, but we gotta make sure that we don't cause further issues by people learning they could have got the item without spending points. 

Hmm, maybe you could have it so that you can acquire the skin through either points or by linking accounts and have the reward set to "claimed" if done by the latter way; and if anyone bought the skin with points, then the reward for linking accounts could be spool.

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

We're looking into possibly making it purchasable by points too, but we gotta make sure that we don't cause further issues by people learning they could have got the item without spending points. 

Make it so if you connect accounts but have the skin already, you get points instead?

45 minutes ago, Deerclops Mika said:

Does anyone know how to fix the error? My mail is confirmed on both steam and xbox accounts, what's the problem?2022-05-11_20-41-38.thumb.png.451edd1284e29e370925a8768bf52b06.png

Our records are showing you without a verified email address. We have an email address, but it hasn't been verified by clicking on the verification email that was sent when the email address was added to the account. 

12 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Our records are showing you without a verified email address. We have an email address, but it hasn't been verified by clicking on the verification email that was sent when the email address was added to the account. 

Then the problem is with the Klei account? Because when I try to merge my xbox account, next to the email under the xbox icon there is a red bar, while under the steam icon there is a green bar and there is a link to my account from steam, while there is no such thing under the xbox icon

8 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

That awkward moment when you got no call-to-action button to continue the merging process:

no_call-to-action_button_to_continue.thumb.png.cceda88da766cb23450da98b507a831e.png

Should I presume something went wrong at site's end? Or?!

They make you type "MERGE ACCOUNTS" after you select which account you want to keep.

Edit: oh nvm i see what you mean

Okay so I have several questions.. but I don’t want to seem like a dumb moron for asking them.

Question 1- How does one play DST with an “Epic Games” Account? Luckily I had one of these accounts for Fortnite/Gears of War/Rocket League.. But DST has never asked me for this type of account.

Question 2- How do I make sure my Epic Games account after being Merged does not end up replacing my Xbox account?

And Question 3- Does merging with Epic Games grant anything exclusive within other Epic Games? (Example being if you merge Fortnite with Avengers you could unlock free stuffs)

Thanks for any help provided.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Question 1- How does one play DST with an “Epic Games” Account? Luckily I had one of these accounts for Fortnite/Gears of War/Rocket League.. But DST has never asked me for this type of account.

i guess in the same way you play throw steam but not 100%sure. Is a virtual shop like

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Question 2- How do I make sure my Epic Games account after being Merged does not end up replacing my Xbox account?

the page ask you which account do you want as main account

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And Question 3- Does merging with Epic Games grant anything exclusive within other Epic Games? (Example being if you merge Fortnite with Avengers you could unlock free stuffs)

klei didnt say anything so we can asume that there arent any bonus

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

That awkward moment when you got no call-to-action button to continue the merging process:

no_call-to-action_button_to_continue.thumb.png.cceda88da766cb23450da98b507a831e.png

Should I presume something went wrong at site's end? Or?!

I have sent the issue to the backend team. But do you have any sort of browser extensions that might be blocking functionality on the site? Like an ad blocker or something like that? 

If you do, can you turn it off and try again? (we don't run ads or tracking or anything like that) and let us know what you are using. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

That's for Griftlands, not DST.

19 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

So playstation users can't get this skin, right ?

Not using the merge accounts method, they said they might make it available on the rewards page for points.

Not a good sign on potential PS merge progress..

20 hours ago, Blunty_x said:

It's not Kleis fault that Sony as a company are absolute **** when it comes to stuff like this. Last thing they want are users drifting from their little Sony bubble. Trust me, I only play DST on Playstation, and don't blame Klei for this its all on Sony, even Nintendo got on board and they're just as bad..

Hey JoeyDubs speaking of Playstation, any progress with them, or is the outlook pretty bleak for us? I own DST on 3 platforms but have everything on PS, would love to branch out into my switch and PC. 

As far as im aware Sony requires a special framework in the game for cross progression, and since DST is 6 years old by now this framework may or may not be too difficult for klei to retroactively implement. Newer games come out all the time with PS cross progression because they implement the things Sony requires from the start. It might just not be feasible for them to do it.

Just now, sudoku said:

As far as im aware Sony requires a special framework in the game for cross progression, and since DST is 6 years old by now this framework may or may not be too difficult for klei to retroactively implement. Newer games come out all the time with PS cross progression because they implement the things Sony requires from the start. It might just not be feasible for them to do it.

Appreciate the explanation, I'm not well versed in what is required to allow cross platforming. I figured since Xbox allowed it and Nintendo opted in being the least capable of the three that the issue was probably more than a hardware issue. Like with the redeem code option. Used to be available and now it's not

5 minutes ago, Blunty_x said:

Appreciate the explanation, I'm not well versed in what is required to allow cross platforming. I figured since Xbox allowed it and Nintendo opted in being the least capable of the three that the issue was probably more than a hardware issue. Like with the redeem code option. Used to be available and now it's not

Yeah not much is know on what Sony requires. I think devs have to be careful of saying too much contractually speaking. Its just known that it is significantly more than what Microsoft and Nintendo require and games that have existed before cross progression run into problems with implementing Sony requirements, some stating theyd have to essentially reprogram a large portion of their game to meet their standards. Im sure this is what klei is referring to when they they say "the requirements are more than a studio their size can handle".

4 hours ago, sudoku said:

Not using the merge accounts method, they said they might make it available on the rewards page for points.

Not a good sign on potential PS merge progress..

Sucks ...

"F" For Sony.

On 5/11/2022 at 11:09 PM, JoeW said:

I have sent the issue to the backend team. But do you have any sort of browser extensions that might be blocking functionality on the site? Like an ad blocker or something like that? 

If you do, can you turn it off and try again? (we don't run ads or tracking or anything like that) and let us know what you are using. 

While I do use Adblock Plus and Ghostery on their most aggressive settings (aka blocking everything possible regarding tracking, commercials and whatnot), I added KLei Website on their excepted pages, but without avail, unfortunately. Even after clearing cache, still no pop-up (I presume) appeared past selecting the account to keep from the 2 choices.

Edit: after adding KLei website to Ghostery trust list as well, I was able to go through with merging process - aka the options window below appeared and all that. Hence Ghostery seems to be at fault in this particular case. All ok, ty!

merged-accounts-reward.png.e634aa15b14e41f74f2618145cc52ff5.png

Archived