Free wardrobe skin on website now!

You can claim a really cool wardrobe skin. Around the time of robot rework, some people datamined the game to find new skins or something and were confused about the plant-like wardrobe skin, but it's on the website now as a reward for merging an account!

Edit because It seems some people are confused, you can find this on the klei rewards page by the redeem reward for subscribing to newsletter. It is completely free, and just requires merging two accounts of the five available, Playstation accounts cannot be merged currently. You do not, for example, need to have the game on Xbox or even own an Xbox, just make a free xbox account, merge it with your steam/Nintendo/whatever and claim it.

I'm sure they'll work out a way to make it accessible for PlayStation users, but for now just hold on I guess.

47 minutes ago, Random Guy000 said:

Where exactly do you claim it? Merged some time ago, but don't have the skin

On your Klei account :

zawo.png

Sorry the picture is in french, the language of the gods, but I guess it still gives the idea :highly_amused:

It's the part on the right, you have to click on it after you merged some accounts.

So they give away the beta and wegame firepit stating that they are moving away from exclusive skins, but then go ahead and release another exclusive skin tied to owning the game on 2 platforms? Kind of a wierd decision.

And i cant even partake as I am on PC and PS5, and Playstation will most likely never get cross progression.

1 minute ago, sudoku said:

So they give away the beta and wegame firepit stating that they are moving away from exclusive skins, but then go ahead and release another exclusive skin tied to owning the game on 2 platforms? Kind of a wierd decision.

And i cant even partake as I am on PC and PS5, and Playstation will most likely never get cross progression.

you dont need to own the game in 2 platforms... just have a free account in other service

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

you dont need to own the game in 2 platforms... just have a free account in other service

Yeah and I dont think you even need to own the system of said account

12 minutes ago, kilobit said:

Yeah and I dont think you even need to own the system of said account

i dont have an xbox but i have a very old xbox live account and i redeem the skin so... nope you basically get a skin for creating an account

and for xbox players they can simply create an steam account which is free and link it to the xbox live one

Smooth play, KLei.
So, where can I redeem it with KLei Points as well? In the spirit of giving everybody access to everything, as you mentioned, of course. I use Steam on PC and that's about it. No "dupe" accounts. So.. What can we, ahem, arrange?! *slips bribe money envelope under the desk* :lol:

30 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Smooth play, KLei.
So, where can I redeem it with KLei Points as well? In the spirit of giving everybody access to everything, as you mentioned, of course. I use Steam on PC and that's about it. No "dupe" accounts. So.. What can we, ahem, arrange?! *slips bribe money envelope under the desk* :lol:

its free to unlock a easthetic item  -.-'

For everyone who's annoyed that they're potentially locked out of a skin because they don't have a copy of Don't Starve Together on another system: 

You ONLY need an account for Xbox or Nintendo to link to your Klei account.

Signing up for an account on Nintendo, Xbox, or Playstation even when/if that ever gets merge support requires no money. You don't need a console to do it, and you don't need another copy of Don't Starve Together to do it. As long as you have the account, Klei will let you merge with no problems. 

...whether making an account for something you may or may not ever use for one little skin is up to you.

Cause I did the Cyclum puzzle on my epic account a while ago I got a second Tragic Torch,

I'm not complaining though

(I only did that cause on the cyclum website had an epic log in option)

20220510235818_1.thumb.jpg.5d780a5030b613f56b800c98d893f1d9.jpg 20220510235539_1.thumb.jpg.7bfd4969fac1b30b8e84d59adb39bf65.jpg

3 hours ago, sudoku said:

Why would they give away the beta skin.  It's so stupid.  Who exactly was crying over not having the bottomless pit skin?

Just a heads up here. We're thinking this is kind of crappy too. 

You shouldn't have to go make an account JUST to get the thing, kind of a waste. We're not trying to encourage people to make extra accounts, we just wanted to reward people a bit for those that have our games on multiple platforms. 

We're looking into possibly making it purchasable by points too, but we gotta make sure that we don't cause further issues by people learning they could have got the item without spending points. 

Personally I think it would be fine if it were available with points as well, because as I’ve said in the past people who do the extra thing get the skins from doing the extra thing 

(Being in Beta, Pre-Ordering the Game, Buying a Toy, Merging accounts- Etc)

This should be seen as a complimentary bonus, you Save yourself points to use on something else if you for example had already gotten the skin for being in Beta.

Games (not just DST but most games in General) have a Pre-Order bonus, but after some time: Most those preorder bonuses become available as DLC you can purchase or download later.

Take for example Injustice 2- If you preordered THAT Game you would have gotten Darksied as a playable character, I did not pre-order Injustice 2 but Darksied was later released as paid dlc you could buy for 5.99$

This is generally how video games work- however SOME preorder bonuses or exclusives have remained exclusive.

2 hours ago, kuroite said:

It also work with an Epic Game account.

That's more like it! (not really, but shhh!)

Jokes aside, yes, would be great if we can get that particular Wardrobe skin (and maybe other future ones following same pattern - aka given for various gaming platforms, services etc) via KLei Points. Making "dupe" accounts nobody will really use solely for getting a skin isn't helping anyone with anything in the end.

Archived