3 small but impactful changes to make Wurt future-proof.

1. Remove all trinkets from Merm King loot table, except Bent Spork and Hardened Rubber Bung.

• Replace them with stuff that is useful to Wurt

• examples: Cookie Cutter Shells, Mosquito Blood Sacks, Drift Wood or even just more Cut Reeds.

• Make the Merm King accept Corn Cods and Popperfish as ocean fish to trade instead of as vegetable food to eat. 

• Give Rubber Bung trinkets the ability to plug boat leaks. 

2. Remove vegetable penalties for Merms and Wurt, except the penalties from all Mushrooms, Peppers and Raw Cactus Flesh. 

• Similar to how Webber suffers no sanity penalty from eating any kind of raw meat, Wurt and all other merms should not suffer penalties when eating:

•  Lichen, Glow Berries, Raw Potatoes, Raw/Cooked Onions, Raw/Cooked Garlic. 

3. Allow Merm King buff to transcend shards. 

• It feels odd for a Merm King in the forest shard to have no effect on Wurt and Merms in the Caves. Its the same world after all. 

These 3 changes are aimed at alleviating the last remaing unsatisfying aspects of playing Wurt. Along with the other amazing changes in the beta, i believe this will bring Wurt as close to perfection as possible without adding completely new stuff or making drastic changes to existing stuff. 

6 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Allow Merm King buff to transcend shards. 

• It feels odd for a Merm King in the forest shard to have no effect on Wurt and Merms in the Caves. Its the same world after all. 

That one is just because there is barely if any communication between shards (on start-up if properly remember how it was explained to me). It would welcome a general change how shards works and how they communitate, because DST can be more laggy than many modern 3D games if run with caves.

14 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Theres a mod (Mini Wurt Rework by @Electroely) that makes the merm king buff work on both shards. 

Idk anything about modding :lol: but the file size is really small so i doubt it contains a huge fundamental change to how the game functions in order to make the buff work on both shards? I could be wrong though.  

Also can merms wear football helmets and cookie cutter caps like pigs and bunnymans? The wiki doesn't mention them being able to wear those at all, if they can't it would be cool to give them the ability to do so.

3 minutes ago, Rainteke said:

Also can merms wear football helmets and cookie cutter caps like pigs and bunnymans? The wiki doesn't mention them being able to wear those at all, if they can't it would be cool to give them the ability to do so.

they can

agree with everything except the veggies penalty since sometimes is useful to drop sanity or suicide with red caps :/

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

agree with everything except the veggies penalty since sometimes is useful to drop sanity or suicide with red caps :/

50 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Remove vegetable penalties for Merms and Wurt, excluding all Mushrooms, Peppers and Raw Cactus Flesh. 

Mushroom penalties would not be removed. :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Notecja said:

That one is just because there is barely if any communication between shards (on start-up if properly remember how it was explained to me). It would welcome a general change how shards works and how they communitate, because DST can be more laggy than many modern 3D games if run with caves.

In some cases yes, but in this case it is very possible to do shard communication and not suffer much lag. Shard RPC's were implemented a while ago which makes this even easier.

If that silly little antlion can beat us up in the caves spawning her cave ins then I think the Merm King can atleast benefit us :rolleyes:

Anyways, another change I'd like to see, please please please remove that silly little downside with merm houses in winter where they don't release merms at all, and Guard Merm houses take 12x longer to release guard merms. What is the point of this downside? How does this loop into Wurt's other perks and abilities? Making it so merm houses don't release merms at all, or take a much longer time in Winter is not an interesting downside. Wurt just has to say bye-bye to her merms for 15/70 days of the year. I like downsides, but this is not a good one, it's arbitrary difficulty.

Please all these changes will turn me from a Wurt main into a Wurt evangelist. 

20 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Anyways, another change I'd like to see, please please please remove that silly little downside with merm houses in winter where they don't release merms at all

This too. If your King dies and theres no Merms left nearby, you're without a King for winter. Totally didn't happen to me yesterday or anything.

3 hours ago, Ohan said:

Raw Cactus Flesh

the sanity part ok but I feel the health penalty should stay on this one it might be a minor reason but I think eatting spikey cactus would probably still hurt them as at least in my mind the reason you take damage is because unlike when you cook it the spines are left in.(May have misread this part abit):lol:

2 hours ago, DaZoul said:

I didn't know fish were immune to solanine

I mean considering their unique biology I wouldn't be surprised if this actually was the case.

2 hours ago, Hornete said:

Anyways, another change I'd like to see, please please please remove that silly little downside with merm houses in winter where they don't release merms at all, and Guard Merm houses take 12x longer to release guard merms. What is the point of this downside? How does this loop into Wurt's other perks and abilities? Making it so merm houses don't release merms at all, or take a much longer time in Winter is not an interesting downside. Wurt just has to say bye-bye to her merms for 15/70 days of the year. I like downsides, but this is not a good one, it's arbitrary difficulty.

I live for this change (also maybe we could change the color of her tentacle vision so it's doesn't blend in with the snow...)

11 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Yes exactly thats why i suggested keeping the penalties for mushrooms, peppers and raw cactus flash :mrgreen:

the important penalties to remove would be lichen and glow berries. The farm crops are just for consistency’s sake. 

Weird Constant native shrooms should still have negative effects on merms, pepper is just spicy for everyone :lol: and raw cactus is full of spines like you mentioned.

These are just my interpretations though :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

and maybe #3 for some passive regen, but that's about it. never grow too attached to merms, at least now you can tame them easier.

While I can agree with this it can be quite painful when you bring a horde to do something not knowing their about to die and they all die in 1 hit.:-?

edit: it could even be that they regen while their not followers only.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

While I can agree with this it can be quite painful when you bring a horde to do something not knowing their about to die and they all die in 1 hit.:-?

I just want a "sit" button available to all follower characters (maxwell, wurt, webber,etc), and for pigs and chester too.

I want to be able to de-aggro or tell all followers to chill temporarily

I like that I can do that with a beefalo now, due to it being tied to a bell, but man follower controls need improving in this game.

5 hours ago, Ohan said:

Allow Merm King buff to transcend shards. 

In addition to this, I'd like to propose a new, Merm Dumbwaiter structure that could be used to feed the Merm king on the surface while you're in the caves, or vice versa if you want to build your Merm empire underground for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, Stonetribe said:

In addition to this, I'd like to propose a new, Merm Dumbwaiter structure that could be used to feed the Merm king on the surface while you're in the caves, or vice versa if you want to build your Merm empire underground for whatever reason.

Personally I don't really think something like that is necessary anymore currently if you feed him full he takes 8 days to run out of hunger and it should take him about a additional 2 days to starve to death with his 1k hp assuming he was at max hp. Basically it takes him about an hour and 20 minutes to starve to death which seems fair at the very least I haven't run into a issue where he's starved since the change.

15 hours ago, Ohan said:

Remove vegetable penalties for Merms and Wurt, except the penalties from all Mushrooms, Peppers and Raw Cactus Flesh. 

• Similar to how Webber suffers no sanity penalty from eating any kind of raw meat, Wurt and all other merms should not suffer penalties when eating:

•  Lichen, Glow Berries, Raw Potatoes, Raw/Cooked Onions, Raw/Cooked Garlic. 

It has always bothered me that wurt quotes are like 'Mmm, onions/garlic!' but then when you eat it, she practically keels over!

Klei please, atleast give onions and garlic the durian treatment, merm king gives those seeds and SHE LIKES THEM!

(Oh, and also the other foods listed there... and maybe pepper)

I fully agree with changes #1 and #3 and that these would make Wurt pretty much perfect, but I do feel a little bad for asking Klei for even more changes when they improved Wurt so much already. Either way, I'm very glad for all their amazing work.

Archived