[Suggestion] Tweaks to Merm King's hunger?

^Title 

I love the fixes and small tweaks Wurt recived recently!

These really did improve her quite a bit in my opinion.

So thank you Klei! I am pretty sure you made Wurt mains out there very happy with those changes. (all 6 of them xD /jk)

However would it be too much to ask for a bit of a buff to Merm king's hunger meter? Either his hunger drain or base hunger stat. 

Cause it's a bit on the small side..

It seems it's just better to let him starve and appoint new one rather than feed him.

I'd like to know what people think about this.

Is it fine as it is or should it be buffed?

Short answer: yes definitely.

long answer: i dont think merm king should be able to starve to death at all it just feels weird. 

let the buff be dependent on whether or not hes been fed but dont let him starve to death. He should remain as a trading NPC even when his hunger is 0. But the merm buff should only apply when his hunger is above 0. And raise his max hunger a bunch to compensate for the 1000 hp worth of starving buff time u currently get when his stomach is empty.

its not that making a new merm king is difficult or anything and idk if its just me but i just really dislike that he can just starve to death. 

Wurt should also get a x1.1 attack modifier with the buff. Shes a warrior merm after all :wilson_sneaky:

Remember when Klei made birds in cage die after two days of not feeding them? I thought we were past that. Also shard sharing so I don't have to make a new King in caves would be great too. Wurt changes are nice not gonna lie.

22 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Wurt should also get a x1.1 attack modifier with the buff. Shes a warrior merm after all :wilson_sneaky:

I would go a step farther and give Wurt debuff similar to merm guards (less dmg and health, except movement speed debuff). Lower her max health a bit and her damage to Wendy's dmg value without the King. Movement speed buff should be applied all around the world while King is alive, that would make Wurt players stay near swamp at the start to get bodyguards and workers (minion playstyle) and swamp turf speed boost, then build up until Wurt sets up the King and she can shine from there. Make it so I want to have King around instead of disposing him like a trash when I feel like it.

5 minutes ago, Sivdun said:

Remember when Klei made birds in cage die after two days of not feeding them?

what is the problem?

6 minutes ago, Sivdun said:

I would go a step farther and give Wurt debuff similar to merm guards (less dmg and health, except movement speed debuff). Lower her max health a bit and her damage to Wendy's dmg value without the King. Movement speed buff should be applied all around the world while King is alive, that would make Wurt players stay near swamp at the start to get bodyguards and workers (minion playstyle) and swamp turf speed boost, then build up until Wurt sets up the King and she can shine from there. Make it so I want to have King around instead of disposing him like a trash when I feel like it.

no pls

16 minutes ago, Sivdun said:

Remember when Klei made birds in cage die after two days of not feeding them? I thought we were past that. Also shard sharing so I don't have to make a new King in caves would be great too. Wurt changes are nice not gonna lie.

My only problem with nerfing wurt until she has the merm king is that the recipe is so expensive, and the merm king can be a hassle. I wouldnt want to babysit the merm king or im weak. Im fine with doing it for stats as i need them, but id hate being punished for not rushing him.

I think that setting his hunger to 250, so he endures 1 day more, would be cool. I would also give her a little damage buff, since all the merms except her do it. And finally, maybe a quote when the king is starving, like "Me left King behind. Should come back.", so you could ask someone else to put the clever disguise and feed him.

58 minutes ago, DeadWhereX said:

I think that setting his hunger to 250, so he endures 1 day more, would be cool. I would also give her a little damage buff, since all the merms except her do it. And finally, maybe a quote when the king is starving, like "Me left King behind. Should come back.", so you could ask someone else to put the clever disguise and feed him.

i always wanted a ~10% damage boost since just stats arent something that atract me except sanity when the CC crown was added and only for some boss fights. But a little damage buff would be interesting and would make sense since merms already get it too

Personally I'd like it if a fully fed king lasted at least 10 days(but would require much more food basically it'd show his mat fill up with food around it.)

I feel like since exploration is the name of the game we shouldn't be punished for exploring post Merm king.

By the way interesting thing I learned that isn't mentioned in the patch notes that I figured out after Hornet's bug post so as I'm sure most of us who've tried Wurt know already feeding a merm now recruits 2 additional merms and they share the loyalty gained from what you gave the first merm well as it turns out feeding a merm guard recruits 5 additional merms and they share the loyalty gained from that feeding and while this next part is bugged until next hotfix apparently they'll all gain additional loyalty as well for feeding merm guards over normal merms 

• Developer

Agreed. With how high the hunger drain was it left little room for exploration, traveling or other tasks out of the immediate area. Yesterday I bumped this up to 8 days to add more leniency for doing things in the world at large other than going back to the Merm King every other day. This will be arriving in the next hotfix.

4 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Agreed. With how high the hunger drain was it left little room for exploration, traveling or other tasks out of the immediate area. Yesterday I bumped this up to 8 days to add more leniency for doing things in the world at large other than going back to the Merm King every other day. This will be arriving in the next hotfix.

That's amazing! :D

Thank you!

26 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

You are single-handedly saving Wurt for me right now, thank you. :angel:

39 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

someone is becoming my favourite dev :3

4 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Согласованный. Из-за того, насколько высоким было истощение голода, оставалось мало места для исследований, путешествий или других задач за пределами непосредственной близости. Вчера я увеличил этот срок до 8 дней, чтобы добавить больше снисходительности к действиям в мире в целом, кроме возвращения к королю мермов через день. Это появится в следующем исправлении.

You are just a miracle!!!!!☆, it's really nice to realize that you pay attention to the review about Wurt and together with us give the warmth that this child really deserved :3

4 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

A true God among men.

By the by, do you perhaps have time to hear about our Lord and savior, Wormwood?

7 hours ago, Sivdun said:

but why? why needlessly nerf a character? just for the sake of lore? wasnt wurts thing that she could base in the swamp, not that she should? should webber get a damage modifier nerf because he should only be around spiders?

I have been thinking about Merm King should have a snack trove, where he can have some food deposit to eat when he's hungry without anyone manually feeding him. This also eliminated the annoyance that non-merm players can't feed the King when Wurts have logged off.

Of course the snack trove an optional upgrade which can be installed on his carpet. It only accepts good quality food made from crops, such as dragonfruit pie, etc, excluding non-crockpot foods and fist of jams. King will be trigger to look for food there when his hunger is below 25%. When food is stale (yellow), the hunger effects reduced to the same level of Wickerbottom, who's also a picky eater. When food is spoiled (red), it drops out of the trove cuz King is spoiled.

This is equivalent of increasing King's hunger and lowering manual maintenance, but is more fun to play.

I also think there should be another upgradable installation, something like a radio station or messenger, which complains and signals Wurts in the world that He's hunger.

Im not a Wurt main, so idk.

Archived