Is Jimmy Too Slow?

5 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Place a rabbit on a boat

For butterfly (and maybe rabbit) you can try freezing them.

Makes you work and think outside the box for a few scans.

Big brain style: panflute the butterfly?

On a more serious note, i think it's fine as it. Those mobs are very common (and safe) and you don't want to make biodata gathering that easy.

3 minutes ago, reallychina said:

Big brain style: panflute the butterfly?

Galaxy brain: Wait until spring when Bearger is sleeping and have it yawn to sleep the butterfly.

On that note... Do butterflys sleep? Like do they have a sleep animation? 

50 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

On that note... Do butterflys sleep? Like do they have a sleep animation? 

Nope. They can be frozen, but not put to sleep. So your plans are interesting, but have a crucial flaw.

48 minutes ago, Random Guy000 said:

Catch butterfly, drop it, and, if im not mistaken, it will do its idle animation on drop, giving you time to scan it. Same goes for rabbit - it will lie on the ground for a few seconds after being dropped

not enough time.

Though I found that if all the planets align, Jimmy can in fact keep up with the butterfly, I've seen it with my own two eyes. The Rabbit is out of the question though, I had to make a small condemnation chamber to hold the rabbit in place for long enough

21 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

not enough time.

Though I found that if all the planets align, Jimmy can in fact keep up with the butterfly, I've seen it with my own two eyes. The Rabbit is out of the question though, I had to make a small condemnation chamber to hold the rabbit in place for long enough

I didn't get to test it but couldn't you sit in front of the rabbit path to it's burrow? it will keep trying to get in and the drone would scan it?

You don't have to scan entity in one go, it can be broken down to few shorter scans, just takes a little longer. I scanned butterflies and rabbits without any traps/items, just make sure that mob is running away from YOU and not Jimmy, it will let you control where it's fleeing.

Uhh just drop the rabbit on the corner world edge after you catch it (it will run towards the water). As for butterflies you just chase them with Jimmy to scan them (I dont really know what to say, Jimmy usually does catch up with them). If you are just trying to simply get bio data, crawling horror are the best cause they give more bio data on avg. They will often be following you anywhere as long as you're somewhat insane. You don't have to be insane to scan them, just chase it around circles around jimmy (shadow creatures like to keep a distance from sane players). Doesn't even need a full day before Jimmy can scan it again.

29 minutes ago, oregu said:

Uhh just drop the rabbit on the corner world edge after you catch it (it will run towards the water). As for butterflies you just chase them with Jimmy to scan them (I dont really know what to say, Jimmy usually does catch up with them). If you are just trying to simply get bio data, crawling horror are the best cause they give more bio data on avg. They will often be following you anywhere as long as you're somewhat insane. You don't have to be insane to scan them, just chase it around circles around jimmy (shadow creatures like to keep a distance from sane players). Doesn't even need a full day before Jimmy can scan it again.

Er, you're a month too late bud. They already upped the speed since then.

On 4/15/2022 at 5:06 AM, goblinball said:

Jimmy definitely struggles to scan butterflies and rabbits, but it’s a fun challenge to try to chase them and certainly doable just through brute force. You could also use an ice staff to freeze whatever you’re scanning.

Soulles voice: STOP RIGHT HERE YOU LITTLE...

Archived