Why doesn't Wolfgang transform like Wanda (no interruptions)

I noticed that Wanda's transformation are seamless and don't interrupt you (they are only visual), while Wolfgangs transformations are annoying and break the flow.

Additionally, why is the mightiness of Wolfgang designed in such a way that you have to stop what you are doing in order to become mighty? Why can't the dumbnells be nerfed, but allow wolfgang to lift while running? (with a new animation to boot)

I feel this is the thing missing from the rework for it to be complete.

Interruptions are not fun.

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

n00b wolfgangs in a nutshell

I mean granted it isn't as bad as before but when he was losing Mightyness on hit he was way too easy to stunlock till death.

1 minute ago, ALCRD said:

I mean granted it isn't as bad as before but when he was losing Mightyness on hit he was way too easy to stunlock till death.

but that was only a few days thing, in his other versions, included the DS one, getting stuck on transitions have little danger and only happens when the player makes an awful performance

right now you only get stunlock because of a transition if you were fleeing with enemies following you for many time or you want to increase the meter in the middle of a fight without taking in count enemy's atack patterns. You really need to mess up things to be in a dangerous situation because form transitions in the current version, nothing unfair taking in count how much perks has wolf for how little cost

57 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

n00b wolfgangs in a nutshell

as the best player in DST, I've fought enemies in the caves bordering on mightiness while a little hungry, it's not fun

EDIT: thank you alucard for the like however I am apart of vatican section XIII

6 minutes ago, Seero said:

as the best player in DST, I've fought enemies in the caves bordering on mightiness while a little hungry, it's not fun

when you fight the meter goes up and, as far as i know, you need to wait few seconds without doing anything to start losing mightiness because of hunger. And even if that was the case it just means that you should have eat something

also maybe we have different views of what is fun, being in a dangerous situation = exciting= fun; being in a safe situation = unfun

1 hour ago, loopuleasa said:

Additionally, why is the mightiness of Wolfgang designed in such a way that you have to stop what you are doing in order to become mighty? Why can't the dumbnells be nerfed, but allow wolfgang to lift while running? (with a new animation to boot)

Wasn't this improved in the beta? So Wolfgang doesn't lose mightiness while running with the dumbbell, gains while fighting, etc.

12 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

when you fight the meter goes up and, as far as i know, you need to wait few seconds without doing anything to start losing mightiness because of hunger. And even if that was the case it just means that you should have eat something

also maybe we have different views of what is fun, being in a dangerous situation = exciting= fun; being in a safe situation = unfun

Ok but this is a suggestion being made to klei devs, who should they listen to? You?

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

made in a discussion forum, if you dont like people disaggreing you know what to do like when you didnt like the tencent deal ;)

What the hell are you talking about? All I meant was it was pointless to say "we have different views on this"

25 minutes ago, Stonetribe said:

Is it really so bad to just agree to disagree?

Yes...? it's derailing and brings us nowhere

It's not a huge pet peeve to me, it's only annoying enough to say something

Then this guy brings up something completely unrelated that I hardly remember - it seems personal but I don't come on here enough to care about it

Joew, can you make sure this stays on topic please?

Honestly? It's probably because Wolfgang already had the animations, and would need new assets if he had seamless transformations, like how Wanda has the various shadow effects that disguise her transition to different ages.

9 minutes ago, Scrimbles said:

Honestly? It's probably because Wolfgang already had the animations, and would need new assets if he had seamless transformations, like how Wanda has the various shadow effects that disguise her transition to different ages.

There's some sort of a star effect when upgrading already

Not sure what should be done with downgrading 

I don't mind the animation stun, but I would like a sort of buffer, similar to sanity where Wolfgang might turn mighty from normal at 75 mightiness, but won't turn back into normal until 70 or something like that. That way you don't double up on animations by going normal form, and the immediately going back to mighty by hitting something once

More of a minor inconvenience if anything though. I'm fine with Wolfgang as is

Its not hard to maintain mighty.  I haven't had his transition animation be a problem b/c I don't lose mighty while doing anything that needs it.  The closest is if I'm gaining mighty with a threat nearby, like if I'm fighting 2 terrorbeaks and slightly under mighty.  Its an edge case, but dumbbells are cheap and even a stone one can pump you to mighty pretty quickly and maintain it while on the move...  Sometimes you get punished for bad play.

3 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

Wasn't this improved in the beta? So Wolfgang doesn't lose mightiness while running with the dumbbell, gains while fighting, etc.

Gaining mightiness by fighting is slow and likely to get you hit (which can then have you rank down during hitstun since you go up and down at the same numbers so you can then get hit again during the derank animation and be in normal form). It's great at maintaining mightiness, though.

Idk why people are acting like it isn't annoying. If you do anything to become mighty like punching something you can be rewarded with being hit multiple times and not even becoming mighty, so you can then repeat that. If you raise a sail, even the second pull, you can become mighty and the sail lowers again while you do an animation. If you chop a tree, you can go up, lose a decimal during the animation, and go down where you can then repeat that. My guess is the people saying it isn't a problem, especially the ones doing so in an insulting manner, are the same people who just don't like Wolfgang for some reason and don't even play him.

If it really is such a minor edge case that's easy to avoid, what would be bad about removing it? By their own admission it's not difficult to avoid so surely there would be no reason to keep the edge case.

i dont get some users of this forum

wanda's healing item op because is infinity and we will ignore that can be interrupted because that breaks the point but wolfgang stunlock is very dangerous and we will ignore that is the little price for a very awful performance to have a character with x2 damage and 200hp

but what do i know, i dont play/like wolfgang apparently

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

since you go up and down at the same numbers

This is probably the last thing I'll ask from klei regarding the Wolfgang touching up.

Spoiler

Even though it's already done most likely.

Lowering the "power down" point from 25 and 75 respectively because there are times where you're "barely" entering another form just to lose the form after the animation is done.

Archived