Why doesn't Wolfgang transform like Wanda (no interruptions)

My biggest gripe with it is that we've lost control of when it happens, and not really the stun itself. It triggers from just fighting or doing things, and not from playing poorly or making mistakes. The number of interruptions have greatly increased when I'm in situations where I don't care about being mighty, but randomly trigger it anyway because I'm doing work, which really gets on my nerves after a while. The stun really feels at odds with his upside of gaining might from doing stuff.

I didn't mind the stun as pre-rework Wolfgang for what it's worth, since you had a great deal of control over his transitions. I think they worked well with his kit

I use the Wolfgang skin, so instead of changing might levels, my Wolfgang looks like a Human transforming into a Werewolf.

And in most games where humans transform into other things (some movies too) there is a few moments of being vulnerable to attack in between transformation stages.

I believe this was the intended design of Wolfgang.. HOWEVER Just holding a Dumbell in your hand slot now will prevent Might from ever draining… and the Dumbell doesn’t lose durability at all while held, yes you sacrifice the extra speed of the walking cane or whatever.. to just stay 24/7 Mighty..

Personally I feel like Wolfgang is now “Broken” cause I’m pretty sure he wasn’t ever designed to just stay 24/7 Mighty.. but it’s nothing too OP that it needs patching, it just makes ME “Personally” feel like he has lost a bit of his identity.

I remember in the old Rampage games when your little human would be vulnerable to attack while transforming in/out of monster mode.. hahaha So it doesn’t bother me that Wolfgang has always had to do it too.

12 hours ago, Mangrove said:

My biggest gripe with it is that we've lost control of when it happens, and not really the stun itself. It triggers from just fighting or doing things, and not from playing poorly or making mistakes. The number of interruptions have greatly increased when I'm in situations where I don't care about being mighty, but randomly trigger it anyway because I'm doing work, which really gets on my nerves after a while. The stun really feels at odds with his upside of gaining might from doing stuff.

I didn't mind the stun as pre-rework Wolfgang for what it's worth, since you had a great deal of control over his transitions. I think they worked well with his kit

This is why i still hate current wolfgang. They were so close to make it a great rework. They had the great idea to make him degenerate mighty very slow unless getting hit. This allowed you to control mighty reasonably well. They were only off by how much mighty he would lose on hit and that armor didnt prevnt part of the loss. 

Back then it truly felt you had control of the character and that its not constant work to keep it at least normal. Or to avoid being locked in place by switch animations all the time.

Now you keep getting mighy, unmighty, have to use the gym or bells whenever you go out, have to calculate when you mine and have to keep doing it, just an unpleasant and annoying experience. 

Whereas back then you were being rewarded with mightiness if you were playing good (not getting hit). 

Him losig mighty slower again and also losing some mighty on getting hit is all it needs. But i doubt klei people actually play the game enough to understand such nuances. What they did now may look good on paper but in practice its bad. 

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont get some users of this forum

wanda's healing item op because is infinity and we will ignore that can be interrupted because that breaks the point but wolfgang stunlock is very dangerous and we will ignore that is the little price for a very awful performance to have a character with x2 damage and 200hp

but what do i know, i dont play/like wolfgang apparently

Evil Arubaro be like "Why, yes, of course all my comments are genuine and constructive. I would never make a comment that's disingenuous and solely there to get people to argue. It would be ridiculous to ignore everything that's been said in a thread, take two different imaginary people, pretend they're the same person, pretend that double-imaginary person is the person I'm talking to, and act like that's an argument!"

12 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Evil Arubaro be like "Why, yes, of course all my comments are genuine and constructive. I would never make a comment that's disingenuous and solely there to get people to argue. It would be ridiculous to ignore everything that's been said in a thread, take two different imaginary people, pretend they're the same person, pretend that double-imaginary person is the person I'm talking to, and act like that's an argument!"

the commentary wasnt constructive though

On 4/9/2022 at 7:02 AM, ALCRD said:
On 4/9/2022 at 6:22 AM, Random Guy000 said:

random interruptions would lead to a lot of annoying deaths

Wolfgang in a nutshell

Aka why I still, STILL! don't play Wolfgang, even after being reworked and REreworked.

I dun wanna be frozen while hounds are after me (which is usually how I die the few times I've played as him) and it just feels AWFUL when the controls are suddenly jolted out from under you for a second.  I freaking hate it.  Even when I'm expecting it "any time now" it still makes me jump a little.  That alone would put me off the character, even without the actual gameplay disadvantage.  It's THE thing I always hoped the most would be changed, during his rework.

And then at least TWO reworks (and a few tweaks) happened and...nope.

Look, if nothing else, can't he at least have a few invincibility frames during the change, where you CAN'T get hurt at that exact time?  The Mario franchise has managed that since 1984, so...  That way, it'd still be annoying, but at least the shrink happening during a hound attack, cave-in, Antlion sinkhole, etc. when your HP happens to also be low, wouldn't be (probable) insta-death.  You'd still have a chance to dodge from ONE attack during the shrink, then run for whatever constitutes safety. 

I mean, sometimes even GOOD players can lose track of things or mess up at exactly the wrong moments.

Call me a "noob" all you want (I mean, yeah,  I am a noob _at playing Wolfgang_, but not the game as a whole); I still ain't playing as him as long as he's that annoying.

Spoiler

also Wigfrid is at least _some_ of the badass Mighty Wolfgang is but ALL the time, no matter HOW much she's eaten recently, so...if I feel like playing a battle character, I've already got options.

...Notorious

Wanda's simply more fragile and doesn't have massive bodily growths besides just slow decay that happens overtime. If you think within immersion wise - she's aging and getting gray hairs every year that passes in her own timeline.

Compared to Wolfgang - he gets huge growth spurts, gaining resistances to weather due to thicker muscle and all that. Logically thinking it's a huge change to his body going from skinny to super bodybuilder sized. In comparison to Wanda... she just loses a few inches and gets fatter I guess.

Overall, you least want Wanda to be stunlocked in that animation since she's pretty damn frail for a character and you gotta have time on your side to regain those years. Wolfgang's weakness to taking more damage is behind a huge layer of muscles. Wolfgang is more stable than Wanda, survival as him is quite easier if you know how to play. Wanda is safe in distance and any fuckups will end you fast af compared to Wolf. High risk - high reward.

Wolfgang can survive stunlock longer than Wanda and gain damage in mere seconds.

That is all. Bye.

11 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Wanda's simply more fragile

Both have a perk that encourages use of armor that multiplies ehp by a whopping 20x.

11 hours ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

and doesn't have massive bodily growths

Yes she does, she's really short in old form.

Archived