Rework teaser theory crafting

2 hours ago, RoseAppraiser said:

The image in question is titled "nothing_to_see_here.png" so this Rose Appraiser speculates that the contraption will aid in highlighting/finding items.

Now thats an interesting angle, something akin to wendy's pipspook quests where you follow around the drone and have it locate treasure and/or specified items. Also I think the file name is Klei being a tease at the people who look at file names for hints, though it could also double as a real hint for it acting as a spotlight.

2 hours ago, RoseAppraiser said:

The image in question is titled "nothing_to_see_here.png" so this Rose Appraiser speculates that the contraption will aid in highlighting/finding items. Of course, this can work as a a portable light source with upgrades/different functions. Perhaps some uses for other gems seeing as the silhouette has an odd shape styled similar to a yellow gem and Winona's spotlight. The WX rework might also change the overreliance on gears/overcharging. Make it so there are consequences to these action, something akin to Warly's refined palette.

Rose as in... Charlie?

One of my fear about WX is probably gonna be true.

I believe (and most of the lore) shows that wx kind of test subject to seek out if the DST world is dangerous or not. This is probably his main reason to being created.

This silluete is clearly a minion that fly and lights his way but the problem is how is it gonna be exist in content?

If WX is be able to create robo-minnions, that would be bullsh*t. I can't tell how I hate and find stupid that a test robot be able to craft complex robotic minnions.

Only possible thing that might I would like to happen about this teaser would be that WX would have those minion thing even before. Like he could amputying himself (like breaking his arm to use it as an another machine) would be totally lore friendly. This would make me satisfied about rework and I can say the fan of this flying machine might be his hand?

image.thumb.png.1cea41c11a68e51ffcfaa36007d0bc04.png

Otherwise I would hate to see wx-78 be an be a winona clone.

16 minutes ago, Karitha said:

One of my fear about WX is probably gonna be true.

I believe (and most of the lore) shows that wx kind of test subject to seek out if the DST world is dangerous or not. This is probably his main reason to being created.

This silluete is clearly a minion that fly and lights his way but the problem is how is it gonna be exist in content?

If WX is be able to create robo-minnions, that would be bullsh*t. I can't tell how I hate and find stupid that a test robot be able to craft complex robotic minnions.

Only possible thing that might I would like to happen about this teaser would be that WX would have those minion thing even before. Like he could amputying himself (like breaking his arm to use it as an another machine) would be totally lore friendly. This would make me satisfied about rework and I can say the fan of this flying machine might be his hand?

image.thumb.png.1cea41c11a68e51ffcfaa36007d0bc04.png

not only that but why would they create minions when already thinks that the survivors are their minions? would make sense to create them if wx notice that they arent their minions but doesnt seem the case

14 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

not only that but why would they create minions when already thinks that the survivors are their minions? would make sense to create them if wx notice that they arent their minions but doesnt seem the case

Yeah it would be normal that WX would want to create minnions but does he really have accumulation to craft robots? Also even if he would know, how smart deccision would be to have an well-educated engineer while we already have a basic engineer in game (it would be third if you count Wagstaf).

I would want to see him as a real constent in the world, like he created to be able to survive and send information to the sender but he is just for a short-time discovery, so his survival lackings would be about being getting out of his discovery-time.

I mean just realize mars robots disagree to self-destruct theirself and keep surviving in the mars.

5 minutes ago, Karitha said:

Yeah it would be normal that WX would want to create minnions but does he really have accumulation to craft robots? Also even if he would know, how smart deccision would be to have an well-educated engineer while we already have a basic engineer in game (it would be third if you count Wagstaf).

I would want to see him as a real constent in the world, like he created to be able to survive and send information to the sender but he is just for a short-time discovery, so his survival lackings would be about being getting out of his discovery-time.

I mean just realize mars robots disagree to self-destruct theirself and keep surviving in the mars.

yep, giving crafted robots to Wx while Winona cries in a corner should be a crime xD

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

Rose as in... Charlie?

A common misconception, but no. This Rose Appraiser works for someone on a much higher level than her.

9 hours ago, MAMMAL_MAN said:

Is that what nightmare fuel does to a man...? absolutely frightening...

also keep this thing away from me by at least 10 pitchfork tiles

This Rose Appraiser seconds that opinion. Speaking frankly, that thing is not welcome in the vicinity.

23 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

or they could just not eat gears

xactly, ppl forget that wx has stats just like anyone else when they spawn in 150 hunger sanity and health. its basicaly wilson that can eat spoiled food and be speedy and i hate when ppl say wx HAVE to eat gears to be good 

7 hours ago, Karitha said:

I think you are doing wx-78 a disservice. His whole thing is defiance. He refuses to be bossed around by anyone but himself, and dreams of ruling over everyone else, especially with his robotic bretheran. He has likely shed his original purpose long ago, as he dislikes wagstaff and doesn't want to help him. He clearly has the desire to build robots, with the whole robot revolution thing, and with so many clockworks roaming around it's not that crazy to imagine that he took some Inspirations, if not rebuilt them from the scraps. Plus, even if he himself didn't know how to build them, there is someone who could assist.

Winona has already been shown to help other survivors with their specific crafts, like wolfgangs gym. Plus, wx-78 has shown his appreciation of winona through his examination quotes on her machines, believing her to be useful and a possible asset for his robot revolution. She seems to be the only survivor that he has positive opinion of, so if he would need anyone to help him build robots, it would be her. 

And I wouldn't worry about him being a winona clone, he wants "minions" not buildings. He would likely only construct mobile robots, leaving winona the job of "infrastructure" while he has the job of "minions". So instead, we really need to worry about him being like the other minion masters, like Webber and Wurt. His bots will likely be specialized enough to do things no other minion can, so I'm sure he can find his niche.

Personally I would really like if KLei re-reworked Winona as well into something less defined by the structures she makes ("pick'n'swap" character) and more about her special-blend of play-style she could bring to the table in dynamic "selfish perk" way. Yet realistically, given WX is the only in-organic (maybe partially organic?)/robotic (automaton) character, most likely teaser image is related to its rework. I solely hope, as others also stated above, KLei isn't going with the simplistic "it can make a drone" route ("Winona build 2.0, now mobile"), even if is only a part of the theoretical "modular upgrades" idea I've seen floating on these forums in past.

...it just looks so much like a mobile clockworky version of Winona's Spotlight.

Wouldn't be opposed to WX getting something like this honestly, interesting side-perk, and overlap is cool; everyone has their own playstyle/aesthetic preferences.
...I just hope this stuff is kept in mind when the refreshes are eventually wrapped up.
Winona still needs help.

3 hours ago, maradyne said:

Winona still needs help.

Winona was the very first one ever reworked, and I have a feeling that klei's process of reworking characters has changed a lot since then. I wouldn't put it past them to do one final "Winona re-rework" as a capstone to the reworks. Likely having new tech related to wagstaff after whatever he does in future updates. Probably as a side part of a larger story update related to wagstaff.

8 hours ago, jtubio88 said:

The idea that wx has drones that help him with some tasks interests me a lot.

but........

I hope my friend's (mattorres) idea comes true

THE ONE AND ONLY 

BISHOP GUN 

bishop_gun.png

I like your friends thinking, wx-78 need a G U N.

Assuming that its a hint of WX getting gadget (which, who knows, devs surely know how to deceive with teasers), I just wish it doesnt end up being another "Wanda stealing Maxwell's perk" kind of deal (even though Maxwell is still missing his turn), but with him and Loseona instead. I am not saying gadgets wouldnt fit WX, but I still prefer the idea of WX upgrading himself and hope for not using this as a justification for Loseona not getting better spotlights or something similar.

Though it could also happen with Wilson, but I guess Wilson offers a lot more possibilities. And for the sake of ending it with a nice touch, I would rather Wilson be the closing rework. With him being the starter character, he should wrap it up.

But, yeah, too early to tell.

Archived