Char's quotes issue

Im pretty sure i saw a few people sayin they had the same issue but i didnt saw any topic talking about it yet.

LIke, at first i thought it was just a impression but yea im kinda 100% now about this - when u r figthing the chars stop kiting to talk the fight quote they used to say and dunno if is intentional but i think it is pretty annoyin to deal, specially against shadow craetures cuz turns that strat hitin before and after its attack animations super wonky. 

Any thougths?

2 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

what you mean "they stop kitin"? you move yourself for kiting, so how do they automatic stop when they say it? they say it while they move

they freeze for a second due that talkin animation even when u press to move or are movin already

1 minute ago, Dr.Medic said:

what you mean "they stop kitin"? you move yourself for kiting, so how do they automatic stop when they say it? they say it while they move

lately seems like the character stop moving, i notice it a lot with the bq crown emote that locks me for almost 1 second

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

lately seems like the character stop moving, i notice it a lot with the bq crown emote that locks me for almost 1 second

oh thank god im not crazy
i have this game about two years by now and i did noticed this change few days ago, i just verbalize it with friends like loud thinkin and they said they feel it too so

1 minute ago, Dr.Medic said:

dont seem like i have noticed something like that, like, just standing still for no reason, seems like i dont notice something like that

its just for a fraction of a second, really short time but can mess the kite 

2 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

oh thank god im not crazy
i have this game about two years by now and i did noticed this change few days ago, i just verbalize it with friends like loud thinkin and they said they feel it too so

its just for a fraction of a second, really short time but can mess the kite 

i think is something kinda random because other users were complaining about being still for quotes like your case but i think i just experience it at the beguinning of the last patch, after that i only experience it if someone has equiped the bq crown near

kinda weird and must be annoying if happens while fighting as you describe

I have noticed this too for a few days now, whenever I examine something while walking and then stop, the character will face the camera to finish the quote. This became more noticable as I was picking a cactus, usually the character will say the usual: "ow!" and move on, but now the character automatically faces the camera to say it right afterwards.

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think is something kinda random because other users were complaining about being still for quotes like your case but i think i just experience it at the beguinning of the last patch, after that i only experience it if someone has equiped the bq crown near

kinda weird and must be annoying if happens while fighting as you describe

i dont know if it can be attached to a character in specific but at least the one from Wortox "Lets have some fun!" while fighting get me stand everytime and i deal with Terrorbeaks a lot so im consumin a bit more of armor x__x 

3 minutes ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

I have noticed this too for a few days now, whenever I examine something while walking and then stop, the character will face the camera to finish the quote. This became more noticable as I was picking a cactus, usually the character will say the usual: "ow!" and move on, but now the character automatically faces the camera to say it right afterwards.

yes! i felt it playin wurt today as well

6 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

i dont know if it can be attached to a character in specific but at least the one from Wortox "Lets have some fun!" while fighting get me stand everytime and i deal with Terrorbeaks a lot so im consumin a bit more of armor x__x 

might be that the bug happens with certain kind of quotes? no idea, i was playing wormwood and didnt experience it while fighting if that helps to fix it faster

Yeah right, it seems there has been a change with talking lately, maybe last or two updates ago.

I've been surprised how characters start playing their voice and speaking animation despite you were attacking, moving, or something else, this wasn't the case before. I don't think I experimented any problem from the change but it is surely surprising.

I haven't had or seen any problems fighting mobs while characters say their fight engagement quotes like "Go for the eyes!" per say, but something has definitely changed from the last few hotfixes we got. I REALLY hope this was not an intentional change, because it really ruins the flow; for me at least. Like when Wanda does her transition from young to old, she chatters the second the anim finishes.

4 minutes ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

I haven't had or seen any problems fighting mobs while characters say their fight engagement quotes like "Go for the eyes!" per say, but something has definitely changed from the last few hotfixes we got. I REALLY hope this was not an intentional change, because it really ruins the flow; for me at least. Like when Wanda does her transition from young to old, she chatters the second the anim finishes.

It is an intentional change, it was in the patch notes.

I feel like I'm going insane because I can not reproduce this.
Yes there was a change where characters resume their talking after returning to the idle state if they were still talking, but this state is always able to be cancelled for me, I have never experienced being unable to move while talking. I tried enabling lag compensation but no reproduce method yet.

I am very frequently stuck on animation of bowing next to bq crown players. I didn't notice it elsewhere yet, as anyway I have very slow reactions (like chess players) but anyway is so annoying...

30 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I feel like I'm going insane because I can not reproduce this.
Yes there was a change where characters resume their talking after returning to the idle state if they were still talking, but this state is always able to be cancelled for me, I have never experienced being unable to move while talking. I tried enabling lag compensation but no reproduce method yet.

i play with lag compensation turned off as well
i think it probably can be cuz i use force attack in the same button to attack so i always force attack when figting [seriously ctrl click can get tricky sometimes so] and yeah i know about the stupid aggro on walls  u can call me crazy if u want lol

4 hours ago, MrSoratori said:

Im pretty sure i saw a few people sayin they had the same issue but i didnt saw any topic talking about it yet.

LIke, at first i thought it was just a impression but yea im kinda 100% now about this - when u r figthing the chars stop kiting to talk the fight quote they used to say and dunno if is intentional but i think it is pretty annoyin to deal, specially against shadow craetures cuz turns that strat hitin before and after its attack animations super wonky. 

Any thougths?

Something definitely changed. When attempting to eat a veggie as Wigfrid she used to do the waving disgusted animation the entire time but she abruptly stops and talks for a bit now.

Archived