• Archives
    • wilds
    • village
    • labyrinth
    • military/sacred
    • Atrium
    • No need to refresh any cave biomes

11 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Out of the overworld biomes I've only chosen Oasis Desert because I think that specificly the Oasis trees could be changed into palm trees of a sort to fit in better.

Good point, I regret my vote now.

I'm in love with living breathing thriving ecosystems. 

I adore Hamlet's, while buggy at times it still does sorta function. I fell in love with Hamlets mobs being able to go extinct. Exciting is a finicky feature but I love the threat of a mob going extinct and hurting the ecosystem. I'd love if they explored that territory more often.

Now that there is a toggle for turning on/off/more/less most of the games content: I would love to see Klei take some bold & highly risky chances with that-

For example: Enlarging every biome and adding a ton of new scenery, resources and mobs into them that fit the “Theme” of that Biome, like Oasis area having Snakes, Palm Trees & Sandworms.

These things won’t just exist on Day 1 though, they’ll introduce themselves over the games “year cycles” like people have been wanting a “through the Ages” style update.

They can even do a harder difficulty mode that makes some enemy types (namely Spider Warriors, Snakes Poison Dart Frogs & Poisonous Birchnutters) inflict Poison damage over time.

All of this additional content being able to be turned off if you feel uncomfortable with the bold new changes.. 

Now as far as “Default” public/Klei dedicated worlds go: that’s exactly probably why they’ve added a whole bunch of new servers- As in: Some can only progress to where the games at NOW, Some will have the “Through the Ages” style over the years difficulty changes, and others.. they will be already in New Game + Mode.

I realize none of the stuff I’m talking about is currently in the game, but you can’t update old biomes with new content without also asking “How’s this going to effect people who ALREADY struggle with what’s there?”

Theres no simple answer to that, But now that there’s a menu of things I can turn on/off/more/less over- If klei created something like a “New Game +” Then any additional features they add through that would be able to be toggled on or off and I can choose WHEN that content appears.

For example let’s just say klei listened to the complaints of their long-time players saying that there’s no difference between your first year in the game and your 10,000th.. So they decided to do something like Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6 etc: Each “Year” adding/changing existing content..

With these toggles that most of you blindly outright ignore for whatever reason: in the same way I can make that season shorter, longer or random, I could also pick which YEAR Variation of that season I’ll start in.

TL:DR- instead of needing to play the game for 900 hours of real-time to reach Year 6 and experience the new content, I can instead just start the game already in Year 6

Klei Official/Dedicated worlds could also have specific settings like this.

So my answer to this entire thread is every biome in the game could use a “through the ages” style difficulty spike, but some servers just won’t have that progress available where others can.

On 1/15/2022 at 6:55 PM, Maybe a dog said:

outside of stalagmites to get fossils (of which you only need 8 in a single playthrough most of the time)

In longer running world I will need at least 16, possibly 24. One set for the surface skeleton to farm marble trees for me; and optionally one for laughs to take on a walk through the ruins (it's a hilarious way of killing clockworks).

16 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

is kinda fun to take care of your ecosystem but at the same time, if you fail, atleast for me, is an insta delete world

I hope by this you mean an insta world hop :-)

In Hamlet I would always play the first world as though everything is expendable, and just get ready to world hop. Assemble the pieces, generate a new world, with an entire mini-town and all sorts of structures precrafted, then immediately go about "pacifying" the land.

14 minutes ago, Majestix said:

In longer running world I will need at least 16, possibly 24. One set for the surface skeleton to farm marble trees for me; and optionally one for laughs to take on a walk through the ruins (it's a hilarious way of killing clockworks).

I hope by this you mean an insta world hop :-)

In Hamlet I would always play the first world as though everything is expendable, and just get ready to world hop. Assemble the pieces, generate a new world, with an entire mini-town and all sorts of structures precrafted, then immediately go about "pacifying" the land.

nah, too lazy and thankfully it only happend 1 time ( i didnt played that much long term hamlet worlds tho)

20 hours ago, BezKa said:

Spidermonkeys overtook entire forests in my game. I was running around torching everything as they killed whatever they could see. They still hold control of entire section of the jungle and they're coming out of the forest too. Send help

I love how everyone in this thread now shares their Hamlet trauma xD But yes, the jungle from Hamlet is one of the best biome ever made, it really feels like jungle and the inevitable chaos happening in there adds perfectly to it. But speaking of Hamlet trauma, I once had a world where snaptooth plants took over an entire jungle and I was absolutely unable to control this happening... Now I have a world with exactly ZERO gnat mounds on the main island, meaning I have to take a trip to herald island if I want larger amounts of iron...

Archived