[Game Update] - 490197

• Developer

Changes

• Dumbbells re-tuned.
  • Change wolfgang's sanity loss mechanic. More monsters increase the sanity loses, players and followers reduce it. 
  • Mighty form deals more work (1.5 times) but also does more durability on the tool (so its faster, but not more effect, so Woodie and Maxwell are still better)
  • MIghty Wolfgang has a 1% chance to chop or pick a tree or boulder in 1 hit.

Fixes:

• Fixed the crash when wolfgang rows
  • Wolfgang can enter the gym, even when danger is near.
  • Fixed a mistake where the speed reduction from lifting heavy objects had been increased. Wolfgang’s speed reduction while mighty has been adjusted to compensate.
  • Note for modders: Added mod release ID R19_REFRESH_WOLFGANG.
  • Wolfgang can’t load a burnt Gym now.
  • Strongman craft tab has a name.
  • Cavein Boulders will show on the gym
  • Followers count as players for Wolfgang’s sanity drain.
  • Potato Sacks are hammerable.
  • Fixed sliding dumbbells.
  • Wolfgang won't lock into a facing certain direction when he dies on a gym

View full update

• Like 40
  • Thanks 4
  • Ninja 1
  • Health 2
  • GL Happy 2

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Dumbbells re-tuned.

You're able to workout when fighting with the dumbbells(Same rates as lifting)! Fantastic changes.

Important to note it seems the attack animation is the same as punching, so it is slower than attacking with an actual weapon, but that's a fine pay-off to me considering you get mightiness in return, and can just switch back when youre fully mighty.

Thank you for the very lovely changes!

Edit: Throwing the dumbbells counts too!

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 4

oh my!I'm waiting for ur adjustment for Dumbbells these days. Thank you for your wonderful adjustment.

By the way, i really want Wolf to do more team benefits to his teammates such as the GYM increase the attack coefficient of teammates(as a fitness coach )or increase the sanity of teammates when Wolf is performing weight lifting(as a circus actor)

EDIT:after some consideration, i think these content should not been added to Wolfgang.

13 hours ago, Jason said:
  • Mighty form deals more work (1.5 times) but also does more durability on the tool (so its faster, but not more effect, so Woodie and Maxwell are still better)
  • MIghty Wolfgang has a 1% chance to chop or pick a tree or boulder in 1 hit.

IMO, Wolfgang should be a retired skilled solider who was woring in the circus. The experience of Wolfgang could not give him the ability to work faster.

The suitable person to get these abilities should be Winona or WX. One of them is a very skilled mechanic, and the other is a machine(which is using for work on Cutting down trees and digging the minerals) with soul. Especially WX, which I think is the most suitable person for this change. I sincerely hope Klei can seriously consider my suggestion. @Jason

Edited by dish-order man
suggestion
  • Like 4

Just now, OHHHHH_MY_GOD said:

@Hornete i think they also changed the value of mightiness you gain for lifting them

They changed golden dumbbells to do 1.875 mightiness during normal stage instead of 0.9375, other than that they haven't changed anything else I believe.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Change wolfgang's sanity loss mechanic. More monsters increase the sanity loses, players and followers reduce it. 

The adorable downside has been made even more adorable. The more friends he has the braver he is! I love it.

• Like 7
  • GL Happy 1

Hmm... not sure what to think of this, xD
1601793605_GIF12-14-20213-58-13PM.gif.32ca4695051ecb0f7f1b786f65f3c4a1.gif

Ahh it just turns invisible after one hit, hit it again, and yes you do get a potato :)

I dont know whos insane enough to farm boards, cut stone and rope for just two potatoes each time though

Edited by Hornete
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13
  • Wavey 3

8 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Hmm... not sure what to think of this, xD
1601793605_GIF12-14-20213-58-13PM.gif.32ca4695051ecb0f7f1b786f65f3c4a1.gif

Ahh it just turns invisible after one hit, hit it again, and yes you do get a potato :)

I dont know whos insane enough to farm boards, cut stone and rope for just two potatoes each time though

Warly might enjoy the free Potato’s :) 

Also: Can it be changed so that Wolfgang can carry heavy items (like large potato or Antlion Boulder) while still wearing a backpack? I think this would make up for his lack of Speed. Let him wear the pack on his back and carry the potato/Antlion Boulder in front of him with both arms as seen here:

DA559895-3E69-4098-A00C-0EEDECF984EE.thumb.jpeg.7a3f962b9382d1647f5e8cfe153803b1.jpeg

this picture looks like he is perfectly still capable of wearing a backpack. 

Bonus points if they can be THROWN as free versions of Dumbells.

Please? My friend would love that: just hurl giant Antlion Boulder at a horde of spiders to “squish” em. Hahaha.

• Like 10
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 1

15 minutes ago, Hornete said:

They changed golden dumbbells to do 1.875 mightiness during normal stage instead of 0.9375, other than that they haven't changed anything else I believe.

I think they changed normal Dumbells in the normal stage as well. I was getting like 1 Might per throw.

• Like 1