Wolfgang's Rework

Hello everyone hope yall are doing well. In anticipation of Wolfgang's rework I decided to make a thread for sharing and discussing your expectations, wishes, worries etc about the beloved strongman's upcoming refresh.

Personally the only thing I would really dislike is if he were to lose his current damage multiplier (though I wouldn't mind if his damage buff were unrelated to hunger).

(PS. Sorry if I spam the forums with too many threads, if that's the case please let me know and I'll stop)

I had a theory that Wolfgang would workout by carrying heavy weights, I mean he was a strongman in the circus after all. And after a workout your body gets pumped and this could be Wolfgang's mighty phase, giving him the 2x damage and increased speed. This pumped mighty phase would also drain hunger faster just like he already does. I don't think Klei will change too much of what makes Wolfgang Wolfgang just a new/different approach maybe.

Side note, I kinda predicted that Wigfrid's rework would take inspiration from her character in Forge, making her buff the team. Wolfgang in Forge I think only occasionally activated and you go mighty for a while, if this were implemented someway I could see that certain actions increase the duration of the mighty phase, and other actions like afk in the fridge to drain the time. Anyhow, who knows what will happen but I do look forward to the next update today or next Thursday, Winter's Feast is upon us after all.

Wolfgang.thumb.png.fde9a4065e5fae7729909f4e35a2ca94.png

10 minutes ago, Soumyadip543 said:

Wolfgang is German I think.

ehh, he refers to Pearl as babushka. Also his quote for the hammer is "Needs sickle", which is obviously a communism joke, which is a subject more often related to Russia than Germany

16 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

ehh, he refers to Pearl as babushka. Also his quote for the hammer is "Needs sickle", which is obviously a communism joke, which is a subject more often related to Russia than Germany

Wolfgang's Verdant skin set's chest piece is called Lederhosen which is a clothing commonly worn in Oktoberfest and one of his unused skin named military has him wearing an pickelhaube which was worn by prussian army.

Also wolfgang doesnt call pearl babushka.

image.png.cb6e478e464fec84e48ab6ac01df33b8.png 

20 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

5 minutes ago, Soumyadip543 said:

Wolfgang's Verdant skin set's chest piece is called Lederhosen which is a clothing commonly worn in Oktoberfest and one of his unused skin named military has him wearing an pickelhaube which was worn by prussian army.

Also wolfgang doesnt call pearl babushka.

image.png.cb6e478e464fec84e48ab6ac01df33b8.png 

i always though he was russian in mighty and french in wimpy because klei like dark humor

8 minutes ago, IanKSB91 said:

I mean by what we know Wolfgang could be from any part of Europe, he has reference to be either from France, Spain, Germany and Russia. Or maybe because he lived in a Circus he learned a lot from the different cultures.

Or maybe a human can be of MULTIPLE nationalities? Blasphemy...

I hope they buff his damage (is mightiest after all) remove his speed buff while mighty and make it exclusive to puny form, that way players have the choice of being more powerful or moving faster.

I ALSO hope they will make being mightiest fun.. beyond just raw stupid damage, like being able to pick up heavy objects and carry them at normal speeds, being able to use his Bare Fists to Mine Trees and Rocks or grab and pull up saplings, grass tufts, etc by bare hand roots and all.

It would be interesting if he could pick up and relocate already placed items- like moving an alchemy engine after it’s been placed, or snatching up fully grown trees and replanting them elsewhere.

While in mighty mode being able to pick up and throw teammates, boulders etc.

Make being mighty fun… not just raw dumb damage.

Lastly actually give him a phobia of some sort- his compendium description says he has a Myraid of phobias.. where is that in actual gameplay?

They could do something silly- like make the guy scared of specifically black crows, and increase the odds they’ll land near him all the time to try and drain his sanity- Which would then make that SCARECROW that replaces Crows with Yellow Canary’s have a really cool useful gameplay purpose.

Klei probably has already finished his rework though so anything we can come up with probably won’t be part of the rework.

I don't main Wolfgang but I remember that the thing that annoys me the most are the fluctuating numbers. You never really enjoy the 2x numbers and its just a tease. Perhaps more stable number could be used between his forms like 85ish% damage increase for however long all of mighty lasts (same for health and speed).

His speed increase should be moved to his wimpy form.

Ok here is a bit of a revolutionary idea:

What if his damage increase was a flat increase instead of percentage based? For example a flat 55+ (throwing a number out there) damage increase would benefit all weapons across the board rather than trying to always choose the weapon with the highest damage to make the most out of his perk. 

As a spiteful Wigfrid main, I say nerf him and his damage to the ground!

...buutttt the damage is actually the only thing I hope stays the same. It's what Wolf is known for and people will crap their pants if it gets even slightly adjusted. I just hope he gets more interesting outside of combat. I don't know what they would do outside of the basic "buff man do _ with heavy/strong _". but I'm sure it'll be "interesting" no matter what.

I'd also be fine with just nerfing him into the ground. Then I'd finally get to laugh at the Wolfgang mains...

10 minutes ago, BoySyrup said:

As a spiteful Wigfrid main, I say nerf him and his damage to the ground!

...buutttt the damage is actually the only thing I hope stays the same. It's what Wolf is known for and people will crap their pants if it gets even slightly adjusted. I just hope he gets more interesting outside of combat. I don't know what they would do outside of the basic "buff man do _ with heavy/strong _". but I'm sure it'll be "interesting" no matter what.

I'd also be fine with just nerfing him into the ground. Then I'd finally get to laugh at the Wolfgang mains...

I played more Wolfgang than any other character, and I agree with you which is why I’ve played modded Wolfgang for years now.

There are some basic actually interesting perks available, like

1) Ignoring slowdown from equipment (marble armor and piggyback now are more appealing if you sustain mighty)

2) Rowing better while mighty

3) Carrying heavy objects with no penalty + can use hand slot items

I’m also curious if they add more of a downside to him.  Lower sanity (150), 30% more sanity drain, and more shadows spawned while insane is my preference, and what I settled on for the mod I made.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1205119975

There’s other nerfs too, like no speed boost and max hp of 200.

Archived