CO-OP DST Tier list

469484138_my-image(4).thumb.png.158a0a5b98dc6ed807bf4a95e41e96aa.png

S+ (Irreplacable):

Wanda:
- Is the most versatile character in the game due to being able to fulfill any role
- Instant cross-map travel and group travel
- Insanely high DPS with the Alarming Clock
- Infinite revives with Second Chance Watches
- No significant downside due to her built in 60% damage reduction (The way her age functions)
- Best healing option with Ageless Watches
- Decent free "get out of jail card" with Backstep Watches

Synergies: Everyone

Warly:
- Provides extremely potent buffs to allies through his spices and unique dishes 
- Chilli flakes (+20% damage) / Honey Crystals (Double mining/chopping speed) / Garlic Powder (+33% Damage reduction) / Salt (25% more healing on food)
- Has one of the best dishes in the game, Volt Goat Jelly, which gives your attacks +50% electric damage and +250% electric damage on wet enemies
- Portable Crockpot

NOTE: Salt spice doesn't work on healing over time (Jelly beans)

Wortox :
- Great healing and group healing with souls
- Great map exploration and combat capabilities with Soul Hop
- Has 200 Base Health
- Negligible downside due to the abundance of food in DST
- Souls are very easy to amass due to butterflies and bees

Synergies: Wormwood's living log production perk and no health from foods downside

Wormwood:
- Saves up time and resources with the new farming system
- Can easily force bloom and bloom now has less of a hunger penalty
- Can provide the group with cheaper traps
- His Armour can be used to farm mobs such as bees and spiders
- His Armour can also be beneficial to characters who can tank hits for additional DPS
- Amasses great amounts of food for his group
- Never has to worry about sanity nor hunger

Synergies: Wortox can heal him with his souls, Webber can provide him with Monster Meat and Glands

S (Superb):

Wendy:
- Amplifies her entire groups damage by 10% whenever Abigail hits the target
- Can easily and quickly mass farm frogs, hounds, spiders, beefalo and bees for food and resources
- Her Sisturn is a potent Sanity station when you don't want to use up food
- Has overall great DPS when attacking WITH Abigail
- Can explore caves a bit better due to having Abigail and a 25% less sanity loss
- Can safely grave rob due to ghosts not attacking her
- No downside with a Beefalo

Wigfrid:
- Can provide the team with her strong Helmets (80% damage reduction and 210 more HP than a football helmet)
- SOME of her songs can provide healing, sanity regen and reduction to sanity loss auras
- Has a song that makes weapons lose less durability which makes you use up less resources overall
- Her downside isn't really a threat due to the abundance of food in DST
- Sanity and health loss aren't an issue due to her health and sanity leach (22% of the enemy's PLAYER damage)

Synergies: Everyone, Maxwell due to his mining proficiency 

Wurt:
- Can supply the group with tedious to obtain resources (Kelp, Tentacle Spots, Trinkets and Seeds)
- Has an amazing powerspike lategame due to being able to rush almost any boss and raid boss with her empowered merms
- Her "downside" ends up being more of an upside due to her getting a 33% boosts in hunger from plant foods (60% from Durians)

A+ (Above Average):

Wickerbottom:
- Starts with Tier 1 Science (Science Machine) which makes resource gathering easier
- Has a renewable panflute (Sleepytime Stories)
- Can farm birds and Krampi with Sleepytime Stories and Birds of the World
- Can mass produce twigs and grass with Applied Silviculture
- Can farm berries with Applied Horticulture (50 berries per book)
- Can use Applied Silviculture to farm papyrus for more books and other tools
- Can use her Applied Horticulture on Wormwood's wild crops

Synergies: Can overcharge WX-78, Everyone

Wolfgang:
- Can defeat bosses easily to obtain exclusive resources for the group
- Can explore the map quickly when mighty
- Can farm nightmare fuel due to losing sanity faster (10% faster)

Synergies: Wickerbottom can amass food for him, Wormwood can amass food for him, Warly can amass buffs AND food for him, Wendy can amass food for him

A (Average): 

Woodie: 
- The second most versatile character in the game due to being able to explore as Goose, fight with Moose and farm logs as Beaver
- Has an infinite Axe which helps out in Twiggy Tree worlds
- Has a slight insulation boost for winter (45 insulation)
- Followers follow for longer 
- Has double the chance to get a treeguard when chopping trees as Woodie

Synergies: Warly's garlic spice for Moose and honey spice for Beaver

Willow:
- Never has to worry about going insane due to her sanity regen perk from fires (which stacks infinitely)
- Has an emergency "bodyguard" (Bernie) when someone goes insane or is fighting a sanity draining enemy 
- When Willow is completely insane Bernie does 50 single target damage and taunts all NON BOSS mobs when he does the head punch animation
- Is a great explorer in Summer due to her built in summer insulation (60 summer insulation), does not apply to fires
- Can cook on the go on her lighter which is great for exploration
- Has great winter Survival due to her being able to stand in fires and overheat without taking fire damage
- Bernie provides her with a small sanity regen and 60 winter insulation when held
- Willow gains and loses 10% more sanity from sanity AURAS (does not include dusk/night/foods)
- She is great at safely and infinitely farming nightmare fuel due to not gaining sanity when Bernie! kills a nightmare

Synergies: Everyone, Wolfgang due to his sanity loss, Wicker due to her books costing sanity

Walter:
- Is very good at farming Krampi, Birds, Rabbits as well as killing Koalefants with his Slingshot
- Doesn't have to worry about sanity if he never takes damage
- Has a portable tent
- Can regen sanity for his group with his campfire stories
- Can stunlock tentacles with his Slingshot
- Can cheese Ancient Fuelweaver with the "Lureplant Strat"
- Has a portable immortal Chester/Beefalo (Woby)

Synergies: Maxwell can provide him with gold and rocks

Winona:
- Can cheese bosses with her catapults
- Has cheaper but weaker Sewing Kits (Tape)
- Crafts things faster
- No Downsides

Synergies: Maxwell can provide her with rocks

C (Replacable):

Maxwell: Maxwell is a replacable character due to Woodie being able to do his job without relying on any specific resource as well as having more HP and more versatility than Maxwell. Maxwell really only does 2 things, collect rocks and logs, which anyone can do, but Woodie excells at one of them.

- Can amass large quantities of rocks/gold/nitre and logs
- Can explore the caves without using sanity regen resources due to his (6.75 sanity per minute) sanity regen
- Can infinitely farm nightmare fuel if he uses the right combination of shadows (it would lock him in insanity state until the shadows die (I think 2 choppers and 1 duelist)

Synergies: Can read Wickerbottom's books for her, Other synergies provided above

Webber: Webber is a replacable character due to Wendy and Wormwood being able to mass produce the same resources he does whilst doing other things as well.

- Can provide the group with a huge amount of spider resources
- Can sleep in tier 3 spider dens

Synergies: Can farm glands for Wormwood to heal with

D (Unnecessary):

Wes: Wes is an unnecessary character due to his poor stats (75 across the board), mediocre perks, and only one perk that becomes obsolete as the game goes on.

- Can regen the groups sanity with his Party Balloon
- Can craft a Balloon that functions as a Walking Cane with more movement speed (30%) but it decays over time
- Can craft a lightning protection hat

F (Useless): 

Wilson: Wilson has no beneficial perks that help his allies outside of being able to "farm" beard hair for Willow.

- Wilson has no downsides
- Wilson's beard provides him with (15/35/135) winter insulation based on the stage of the beard
- Can shave his beard for (1/3/9) beard hairs based on the stage of the beard

Synergies: Can easily obtain Beard Hair for Willow's Bernie recipe

WX-78: WX-78 has no helpful perks that benefit anyone other than himself and costs his team gears if he wishes to upgrade himself.

- Can eat gears to heal (60), sanity (50) and hunger (75)
- Can eat gears to upgrade himself from 150 of each stat to 400 Health, 300 Sanity and 200 Hunger
- Gets immunity to freezing, heals 100 health, +50% speed increase and a light aura when struck by lightning
- Loses 33 sanity when getting struck by lightning
- Continuous strikes prolong the speed, light aura and freezing immunity effects but less and less with each strike
- Can eat spoiled foods

Synergies: Wickerbottom can overcharge him

This tier list was created by WormiestWood and NikkiDarks.

Let's all be civil and respectful while we share our polite opinions down below :)

22 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

- Great map exploration and combat capabilities with Soul Hop

what does this mean? soul kiting isn't too good and great map exploration is outclassed by walter and his speed isn't good

23 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

- Has an amazing powerspike lategame due to being able to rush almost any boss and raid boss with her empowered merms

and coming from expert wurt main there are definitely better options

25 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

maxwell is a replacable character due to Woodie being able to do his job without relying on any specific resource as well as having more HP and more versatility than Maxwell. Maxwell really only does 2 things, collect rocks and logs, which anyone can do, but Woodie excells at one of them.

what specific resource? what versatility? maxwell is better than woodie in all resource gathering capabilities 

I personally don't see why Wolfgang is higher than WX. I think they should both be a bit low on a "co-op" basis.
I feel that wolfgang and WX are basically the same but in different ways... for example:
Wolfgang does more damage and has more speed, but uses a lot of food...
WX has more health and has more speed, but uses a lot of gears...

So as much as I agree that WX should be F, in all honesty, he should be on par with Wolfgang just because WX has some 'points' that are about the same as what Wolfgang in this list has.

For example:
"loses sanity from lightning, making it easier to farm nightmare fuel"
"emits light to help protect people at night"
"can use overcharge speed to explore the map better" (except its not easy to get in the first 10 days..)
"can help tank bosses with his high health and easy healing"

WX is still a terrible team player, but for this im more saying maybe wolfgang is just a bit too high because of these inconsistencies (for now, obviously, seeing the rework for wolfgang is so soon) 

I agree Wanda is extremely powerful, but I'm not sure how she performs with obtaining wood and rocks and such. I know she can use the backtrek watch to cut her travel journey in half, but apart from that there is nothing in her kit that makes her better than the standard character, plus that watch has an entire day cooldown so she can't make many trips to and from the area she is harvesting.

IMO Walter is similarly good to Wanda for getting materials because Woby gives quite the speed boost which helps with getting back to the areas you need.

Also Woodie is very strong at the start and while he is my favourite boy, he does kinda start to stink at the end of the game because of his generalist role, you only switch to him when you need the wood. Also don't underestimate the beaver's ability to mash rocks.

1 hour ago, Nikki Darks said:

Wilson has no beneficial perks that help his allies outside of being able to "farm" beard hair for Willow.

No beneficial perks besides being able to supply his entire team with meat effigies consistently. He's no Wanda, but definitely not F. The insulation provided by his beard also allows other players to take winter gear over him early game, if resources are tight. Wilson's a solid B.

Doesn’t matter how good a characters “Kit” is if the person playing as them isn’t good themselves..

Ive watched my Woodie friends starve with an Inventory full of Birchnuts.

Ive Watched Wendy players die miserably the very second they can’t rely on Abigail (this goes particularly double true for players on Xbox & Playstation who need to be close enough to Abigail to interact with her) 

And Ive seen Wes players single handedly supply an entire server of players with winter gear and food.

The player makes the experience- it’s not and never has been the other way around.

YOU put Warly in a high tier- but let ME play as him and you will call Me utterly useless.

42 minutes ago, Dextops said:

what does this mean? soul kiting isn't too good and great map exploration is outclassed by walter and his speed isn't good

and coming from expert wurt main there are definitely better options

what specific resource? what versatility? maxwell is better than woodie in all resource gathering capabilities 

Ok so point one,

Soul hopping in the same spot is good because:

You get invincibility frames and can continue hitting faster due to not having to run back

And exploring the caves as Wortox is impeccable, and with finding the lunar island or crossing bodies of water.

Point 2,

Wurt's empowered merms in practice are very beneficial in terms of the resources they require to be invested into.

They hit hard, they move fast and cost but a measly seed to befriend.

It just takes time

Point 3,
Maxwell requires nightmare fuel to farm, Woodie does not, and I've never mentioned Woodie being a better log collector, just a more versatile character.

He can explore, fight AND gather logs.

Maxwell is a rock/log farm with 75HP.

25 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I personally don't see why Wolfgang is higher than WX. I think they should both be a bit low on a "co-op" basis.
I feel that wolfgang and WX are basically the same but in different ways... for example:
Wolfgang does more damage and has more speed, but uses a lot of food...
WX has more health and has more speed, but uses a lot of gears...

So as much as I agree that WX should be F, in all honesty, he should be on par with Wolfgang just because WX has some 'points' that are about the same as what Wolfgang in this list has.

For example:
"loses sanity from lightning, making it easier to farm nightmare fuel"
"emits light to help protect people at night"
"can use overcharge speed to explore the map better" (except its not easy to get in the first 10 days..)
"can help tank bosses with his high health and easy healing"

WX is still a terrible team player, but for this im more saying maybe wolfgang is just a bit too high because of these inconsistencies (for now, obviously, seeing the rework for wolfgang is so soon) 

Wolfgang is more useful due to his insane double damage perk, he can delete bosses extremely fast to obtain important resources for his group...

As I mentioned in the post.

8 minutes ago, 0bit said:

No beneficial perks besides being able to supply his entire team with meat effigies consistently 

Meat effigies are one of the lowest tier items in the game, especially for revival, they may revive you, but you do not keep the items with you, they stay where you died.

Meanwhile life giving amulets are just so much better, and more practical.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Doesn’t matter how good a characters “Kit” is if the person playing as them isn’t good themselves..

Ive watched my Woodie friends starve with an Inventory full of Birchnuts.

Ive Watched Wendy players die miserably the very second they can’t rely on Abigail (this goes particularly double true for players on Xbox & Playstation who need to be close enough to Abigail to interact with her) 

And Ive seen Wes players single handedly supply an entire server of players with winter gear and food.

The player makes the experience- it’s not and never has been the other way around.

YOU put Warly in a high tier- but let ME play as him and you will call Me utterly useless.

Yes but the topic at hand isn't player quality... It's character quality...

Ofc we are assuming the player is competent, you cannot base tiers and quality on incompetent players.

3 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

You get invincibility frames and can continue hitting faster due to not having to run back

And exploring the caves as Wortox is impeccable, and with finding the lunar island or crossing bodies of water.

first off void walking second off regular kiting is better since it isn't limited and getting more hits in works on literally only deerclops the easiest boss in the game and boat bridges will get you around faster once you set them up

6 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Wurt's empowered merms in practice are very beneficial in terms of the resources they require to be invested into.

They hit hard, they move fast and cost but a measly seed to befriend.

It just takes time

cheaper and faster methods plus a lot of bosses have aoe

6 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Maxwell requires nightmare fuel to farm, Woodie does not, and I've never mentioned Woodie being a better log collector, just a more versatile character.

He can explore, fight AND gather logs.

Maxwell is a rock/log farm with 75HP.

maxwell starts with nightmare fuel and his low health doesn't matter if you're skillful enough and woodies quote on quote versatility falls off when his goose is useless after finding lunar island his moose form isn't good when all bosses melt and his beaver form is outclassed by woodie

7 minutes ago, 0bit said:

They're always good to have if all else fails though, and they're nice in the early game when you're not making amulets yet

Still require a resource that could be used for Bernies whom PREVENTS dying.

And if all else fails... Well... Roll back?

They're really just not good, simply due to the fact that they leave your items God knows where.

1 minute ago, Nikki Darks said:

Still require a resource that could be used for Bernies whom PREVENTS dying.

And if all else fails... Well... Roll back?

They're really just not good, simply due to the fact that they leave your items God knows where.

Walking back isn't so bad, I never said they were the best revival method but they're nice backup, and again helpful early

6 minutes ago, Dextops said:

first off void walking second off regular kiting is better since it isn't limited and getting more hits in works on literally only deerclops the easiest boss in the game and boat bridges will get you around faster once you set them up

cheaper and faster methods plus a lot of bosses have aoe

maxwell starts with nightmare fuel and his low health doesn't matter if you're skillful enough and woodies quote on quote versatility falls off when his goose is useless after finding lunar island his moose form isn't good when all bosses melt and his beaver form is outclassed by woodie

We do not take glitches and bugs into consideration when deciding tiers, so void walking is off.

It's been proven that soul hopping in place saves time and helps get more hits in. After you run out of souls you can just continue kiting as usual.

You can dodge many things with the soul hop, such as the Crab King ice attack. It is a very powerful tool.

Hence why I said that Wurt is an INVESTMENT. She is simply a late game character, and buffed merms CAN deal with aoe bosses quite easily, don't underestimate their DPS and stats.

The issue with Maxwell being better with log collection is... Unless you're mega basing, you don't need that many logs.

Moose with Jelly beans or even Garlic Spice is very good for fighting, And Woodie and beaver serve 2 similar purposes.

Woodie is there to get that 200% treeguard spawn chance, while Beaver spawns none.

And Goose is just plainly consistent, being able to run around the map freely is always gonna be useful, no matter what. Just keep a meaty stew on you.

2 minutes ago, 0bit said:

Walking back isn't so bad, I never said they were the best revival method but they're nice backup, and again helpful early

Also Meat effigies aren't good early due to costing HP to link yourself too, even a telltale heart is better, it even fully regens sanity for most characters.

Just now, Nikki Darks said:

We do not take glitches and bugs into consideration when deciding tiers, so void walking is off.

yet you brought up roll backs the abuse of a mechanic and even then its in the game so i consider it fair game

2 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Hence why I said that Wurt is an INVESTMENT. She is simply a late game character, and buffed merms CAN deal with aoe bosses quite easily, don't underestimate their DPS and stats.

don't overestimate them theres little reason to make them since this is a team tierlist bosses already melt 

3 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Moose with Jelly beans or even Garlic Spice is very good for fighting, And Woodie and beaver serve 2 similar purposes.

same reason on why wurt isn't good

It's been proven that soul hopping in place saves time and helps get more hits in. After you run out of souls you can just continue kiting as usual.

no it hasn't yet it actually has been proven it isn't good

You can dodge many things with the soul hop, such as the Crab King ice attack. It is a very powerful tool.

just use bees

2 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

The issue with Maxwell being better with log collection is... Unless you're mega basing, you don't need that many logs

logs are a necessity to everything 

4 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Woodie is there to get that 200% treeguard spawn chance, while Beaver spawns none.

base woodie just isn't worth it when maxwell exists even with the treeguard chance wurt chops faster than woodie and her merms demolish tree guards while with woodie he'll have to kill the tree guard and then continue chopping

3 minutes ago, CodexCorporis said:

the day dst players realize that every character can ultimately fulfill almost any role if you know how to play them right will be the day i know peace

EGGSACTLY! If you're good enough you can do anything, but the issue here is that we're judging the quality and place of characters based on stats and experience, as well as rigorous testing, but we do acknowledge the fact that a Wes player can defeat any raid boss, and a Wolfgang player can die to starvation. The point is... That player quality isn't the point, the character quality is.

45 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

EGGSACTLY! If you're good enough you can do anything, but the issue here is that we're judging the quality and place of characters based on stats and experience, as well as rigorous testing, but we do acknowledge the fact that a Wes player can defeat any raid boss, and a Wolfgang player can die to starvation. The point is... That player quality isn't the point, the character quality is.

if you're good enough the difference between characters in 95% of situations is either minimal or nonexistent

Overall it's a good analysis but I'd bump up Winona and Webber up a tier and move down Wormwood a tier.

For Winona, her catapults are useful in a ton of situations and builds. They provide as much, if not more utility than Wolfgang's monstrous damage and Wickerbottom's abities. Not only serving as perfect assistance in Beequeen, Fuelweaver and the other bosses but also making trap areas for hound attacks, farming creations for shadow pieces, vargs, bunnymen, werepigs, tentapillar destruction and many more. Fast crafting is extremely helpful in megabasing. And her trusty tape doubles as a very cheap sewing kit and boat patch, as well as synergizing with Willow in providing her with easy bernie/ashley restorations.

While Webber's spider resources can be obtained by other characters, it doesn't invalidate Webber's abilities in a team, he is still great at keeping spiders around the world in control with periodical shavings with razor and de-aggroing them with the blow of a whistle. He can have an army of infinite spiders with almighty nurses that practically outperform all other minions thanks to their indefinite loyalty, as well as giving Webber infinite healing.

And Wormwood is a great farmer but such huge capacity farming provides diminishing returns; any character with ample agricultural knowledge can effectively farm good enough with RWYS farms and thus I wouldn't rate his role as irreplaceable; of all the entities, fruitfly replaces him in first spring. Wanda and Warly really offers such benefits that cannot be matched by other characters: buffs, unique foods with effects, teleportation to anywhere, cheap infinite resurrection. Wormwood just saves a few tilling time and materials. I still think his greatest perk is his armor, which provides an unmatched tentapillar destroyer, something not all other characters have as easy access to as farming or trap areas.

Wortox should be placed down a tier or two aswell, while his healing provides a great support, it's not irreplaceable by any means given the plethora of healing options in the game. 

Wickerbottom should be higher, I'm sorry but wicker can:

1. Make the most efficient tree farm in existence using Applied silviculture, Bearger and birchnuts, it's output cannot be matched.

2. Can gather insane quantities of monster meat, tentacle spike's and spots using Bunnymen and On tentacles.

3. Overcharge WX and turn them into a 24/7 ruins rusher even during winter.

4. Can rush the ruins very efficiently due to tier 2 science being able to be unlocked with science machine.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:45 PM, 0bit said:

No beneficial perks besides being able to supply his entire team with meat effigies consistently. He's no Wanda, but definitely not F. The insulation provided by his beard also allows other players to take winter gear over him early game, if resources are tight. Wilson's a solid B.

His beard production is completely outclassed by Wendy afking in the monkey biome for a day.

Archived