[Game Update] - 487848

• Developer

Changes:

• Mod authors: “version_compatible” from modinfo.lua has been updated to bypass the server out of date message. The server will now only announce being out of date if the current version on the server is not current and if it’s less than version_compatible. Current mods will need to be reuploaded if version_compatible is in use for the Steam Workshop to reflect the changes needed.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed Boulder’s from going invisible when placed in the Pinchin' Winch.

View full update

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1

1 hour ago, PeterA said:
  • Fixed Boulder’s from going invisible when placed in the Pinchin' Winch.

Eee! Very nice, love them a lot.

Also I figure this isn't the best place to ask but recently a lot of, if not almost all of the common resources were made HD! 
Which is the best thing ever, it's so nice seeing such gorgeous art for things so common, though out of everything LOGS were forgotten!
I'm hoping this can be changed to go along with all the other HD art soon, they're very plentiful!image.thumb.png.a6e1abeeef89c8bb6a405f0069e6808a.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

Also I figure this isn't the best place to ask but recently a lot of, if not almost all of the common resources were made HD! 
Which is the best thing ever, it's so nice seeing such gorgeous art for things so common, though out of everything LOGS were forgotten!
I'm hoping this can be changed to go along with all the other HD art soon, they're very plentiful!image.thumb.png.a6e1abeeef89c8bb6a405f0069e6808a.png

my eyes have never felt better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Variant said:

maybe is intentional so bearger doesnt blow up servers

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PeterA said:

Not intentional, we just haven't got around to fixing all the files :)

Oh I cannot express how excited I am to hear this! I cannot thank you all enough for your work!
I have a very soft spot for this game's art so seeing everything slowly become HD has never felt better.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, PeterA said:

Fixed Boulder’s from going invisible when placed in the Pinchin' Winch.

huh, never even considered putting boulders on a Pinchin' Winch. What happens if you release it into the water, does it just sink and get destroyed or does it create a dark spot where you can winch it out again?

And can you also place all other heavy body slot objects like statues, broken shadow pieces and giant crops onto the winch aswell?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

huh, never even considered putting boulders on a Pinchin' Winch. What happens if you release it into the water, does it just sink and get destroyed or does it create a dark spot where you can winch it out again?

And can you also place all other heavy body slot objects like statues, broken shadow pieces and giant crops onto the winch aswell?

Yes, and yes!
Anything you can carry can be put into the winch! 
image.thumb.png.85af92da4c6db042d4a9d9f7b1cf546b.pngimage.thumb.png.3e9d21686772cbf3470ee18476d1ec4a.png
image.thumb.png.85af92da4c6db042d4a9d9f7b1cf546b.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Oh, now I can steal Wolfgangs giant potato and throw in in the ocean without burning my boat?

and now I have to wonder if giant crops spoil under the sea; if not, it might be a fun idea to store your excess giant crops underwater for later consumption; I'm thinking of a huge underwater collection 

• Haha 1
  • Hunger 1

49 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

and now I have to wonder if giant crops spoil under the sea; if not, it might be a fun idea to store your excess giant crops underwater for later consumption; I'm thinking of a huge underwater collection 

They do, and while they last longer than still-in-the-stem and harvested giant crops, I don't see myself using the ocean as a giant salt box.

• Haha 3

Has anyone been using the new version_compatible feature? I'm still very confused about the comparison of versions... in the game files you see the game comparing server_version >= modinfo.version_compatible; but how exactly does the game use a relation operator on two strings... I tried print("1.0" < "1.1) and sure enough its false; but when I try print("6.100" > "6.99") it returns false as well

Edited by Bad Willow

@Bad Willow I assume "6.100" counts as "6.1" so that's why it returns false.

Here's some info from when the feature was implemented, seems to be still accurate today.

On 11/11/2015 at 10:27 AM, Maris said:

print("2.0" > "1.0") --true
print("2.0" > "1.") --true
print("2.0" > "1.9") --true
print("2.0" > "1.999") --true
print("2.0" > "1.0000001") --true
print("2.0a" > "2.0") --true
print("2.0b" > "2.0a") --true
print("2.1a" > "2.0b") --true
print("DST 2.1" > "DST 2.0") --true
print("2.1 DST" > "2.0 DST") --true
print("aa" > "a") --true
print("b" > "a") --true
print("B" > "A") --true
print("b" > "aa") --true

You can continue experiments in console. :-)

But:

print("02.1" > "2.0") --FALSE!!!
print("2.0B" > "2.0a") --FALSE!!!
print("2.1" > "DST 2.0") --FALSE!!!
Edited by Tykvesh
  • Like 1
  • Health 1