Do you alter your keybindings?

Yes, and I use a mod to allow more customization.

WASD is movement, mouse6 is punching, Q & E are camera rotation (they used to be on mouse14 & mouse15 but I got a new mouse that only has 10 buttons), R is map, X is /wave, G is /happy, H is /joy, V is /dance, C is /cry, HOME & END print my stats in say & whisper, mouse7 is whispering "This way, follow me!", mouse8 starts lying about what I have prebuilt, T is "Hello there, <nearestplayer>! My favorite thing about you is that you're <nearestplayer_distance> units <nearestplayer_direction> of me!", and I used to have more but they're gone for a reason I don't remember.

Unfortunately the mod I use to expand my keybindings has not been updated in about ten thousand years and I can't put purchased emotes like /yawn & /flex on it.

If I don't have to use mouse, I prefer to take whole fights on keyboard. I rebinded inventory slots 6-10 closer to the attack button "F".

Spoiler

"G" - Weapon/walking cane swapping

"R" - Mostly for pan flute

"V" - Healing items

"C" - Depends on the situation, but mostly for additional swapping

And, ofcourse, I swapped map and scoreboard keys.

I remapped 'open crafting' after the time I hit capslock instead of A on day 1 of an Adventure Mode run and got chewed to death by spiders because I slammed to a halt in the middle of a chase through the swamp. That's the only remapping I've really done in DS or DST though, unless you count when I was playing on a tiny laptop and found movement more comfortable on the arrow keys than WASD.

Archived