Small 10kg/s Sour gas boiler

I'd like to get it smaller but so far 44x8 is my smallest yet. Does anyone else by chance have even smaller designs that that can handle 10 kg/s?

image.thumb.png.937895107a28560a4c1c2411fd04f7d4.pngimage.thumb.png.cf12defbc265324b109e9a32ba2075d8.pngimage.thumb.png.2a70793c32f1ddb8657fb47384ea189c.png

A bonus to condensing Sour gas in airflow tiles means that it's very easy to startup, slowly increasing crude oil input, only thing watch out for is having the Methane pump turned of until a 100ish kg of Methane condenses to avoid pipe breaks.

Hi, 

Nice build ! 

I don't know if you are theorycrafting in sandbox or if this is planning for an actual base, but if it is the latter you you probably need some more space for gas pumps (14 if I remember from my last sour gas boiler) 

Why would you need a 10kg/s boiler btw? 1kg NG feed 11 generators which means  8.8KW without counting the steam box's output to boot.

I sometimes wonder on what you ppl spend all this energy on. In my most power hungry station I top 30KW with everything turned on at the same time (which is kinda hard to achieve anyways) o.o' 

41 minutes ago, Isidoro said:

Why would you need a 10kg/s boiler btw? 1kg NG feed 11 generators which means  8.8KW without counting the steam box's output to boot.

I sometimes wonder on what you ppl spend all this energy on. In my most power hungry station I top 30KW with everything turned on at the same time (which is kinda hard to achieve anyways) o.o' 

well in base game i to have huge energy usage, but if you have nothing. it not consume nothing either. soo it all depends what you have.

lets say you have army off dupes and you want every morning for them the espresso, 1 machine self use already 480w but as you have army you need them more than 1 as you need that you dupes todo other stuff like eat from juicer, take a drink from soda

only those 3 already self consume 1080w aka over 1Kw. but that is not all.

3 hours ago, gabberworld said:

well in base game i to have huge energy usage, but if you have nothing. it not consume nothing either. soo it all depends what you have.

lets say you have army off dupes and you want every morning for them the espresso, 1 machine self use already 480w but as you have army you need them more than 1 as you need that you dupes todo other stuff like eat from juicer, take a drink from soda

only those 3 already self consume 1080w aka over 1Kw. but that is not all.

yes i get it but, i mean: 10kg/s are 90KW! I haven't the slightest of what you can possibly install that requires you that much power, I'm genuinely intrigued and mind you that I'm one of those AT cascades enthusiasts too

18 minutes ago, Isidoro said:

yes i get it but, i mean: 10kg/s are 90KW! I haven't the slightest of what you can possibly install that requires you that much power, I'm genuinely intrigued and mind you that I'm one of those AT cascades enthusiasts too

well 90KW maybe too much but i not played Space out yet for high end at big map.

as there no need anymore bunker doors or space scanner maybe i not even need 20KW

8 hours ago, thegroundbelow said:

The only problem is that the OSHA hater doesn't really work since klei patched the temp-swap bug. The spiral boiler from mathmanician and the breather by dahodge also got nerfed or broken by that update. So it's not really fair to compare current design to any of those three.

I've been away for a while, so I'm not up to speed on everything - can you point out what part of math's design is no longer functioning? I thought it might be a matter of sweepers reaching through corners, but that doesn't seem to be used actually.

5 hours ago, nakomaru said:

sweepers reaching through corners

Sweepers reaching through corners didn't change. Only dupes can't reach debris through corners (but there are some situations they can build through walls...).

Edit: I also couldn't see how math's design is not working

6 hours ago, Take care said:

[Game Update] - 419840
Release Date: 07/07/20

- Fix gas temperature swapping heat loss

And what bug did that actually fix? I mean... the save file of the boiler works just fine so I can't see what was supposed to not work after that fix

Edit: So I think I found the specific bug report but I'm not sure it effects that boiler build

On 11/6/2021 at 8:47 PM, nakomaru said:

can you point out what part of math's design is no longer functioning?

The boiler still works fine. The problematic part is the cooling. There are some almost copies of my original design over on the Discord server that fix the cooling loop issues.  It's only a tad bit larger. 

15 hours ago, mathmanican said:

The boiler still works fine. The problematic part is the cooling. There are some almost copies of my original design over on the Discord server that fix the cooling loop issues.  It's only a tad bit larger. 

what discord server? could you send me a link?

7 minutes ago, Isidoro said:

I was curious. I mean: 10kg/s are about 90KW of power, I couldn't see myself using all that power even while splurging it (i.e. not using automation to save it)

Megaprojects like replacing the core with solidified hydrogen for example, by that point you are really just finding somemething ludicrous to do

Also it is 56KW since 1/3 of the sour gas mass is lost

Archived