How often do you play/check betas?

How often do you play/check betas?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you play/check betas?

• I always play the betas
    • I play the betas only when there's something I'm interested
    • I don't play the betas but look up what is added
    • I try to avoid betas entirely
    • I don't care about betas until their full release
  2. 2. What do you do with your experiences on betas?

• I give suggestiones and/or report when there's a bug in a beta
    • I don't report my experiences with betas
    • I try to avoid/don't care about betas

Thread doesn’t specify just DST, just says betas: so yes I participate in lots and lots of betas, Including Minecraft’s & more recently- Back 4 Blood, I would participate in them for DST too but- They're only on PC.

Betas allow you to discover and report things such as: Random dogs in Division beta giving you sniper rifle parts when yeah they aren’t supposed to.

Everyone who can play in a beta should give feedback on it, and everyone who can’t play in a beta should at least read a beta patch log to find out what’s been added- that way if you read a thread where people are discussing beta changes- you can voice your opinion on it before the content becomes fully official.

This is how we’ve gotten many great changes with the game- such as Wendy’s second re-rework, woodies ability to flap over water as a goose, Wormwood & Wurts RWYS perks…

In short: Even if you CANT Play in a beta, you should study up on Beta changes & voice your opinion before those changes become official.

oh yes mike is right it does not directly say its only for dontstarve or other klei stuff right? well then i guess i voted not corectly but just let me say it now then i guess

dont starve beta? no i dont play it i look like at things sometimes but that realy is just the patch note thing mostly
other games? well i guess it realy depends sometimes well but there is 1 thing

that 1 thing is me and a handfull of others being a closed beta tester for an indi mmo and for that well everything...i test things so i can report if something is broken or not or do other suggestions and feedback sometimes even drawing them and im trying to tell what exactly could be changed to make the game before its realy is out a better experince and oh boy sometimes it realy is a hard job just finding something of weirdnes taken screenshots and then posting them whit much text of the reason for it

and guess what? the only reason i became a closed beta tester for it was because i was very active in there discord whit things i was just drawing and posting in there discord and the dev realy dit a good job gettin me into the beta group what much stuff i found...

i always try the updates that bring things that im interested or because im so hyped that i cant wait but i try to report bugs and give feedback

things like rwys (wormwood refresh included) or the celestial champion fighting mechanics are the things they are thanks to the players that helped giving feedback and klei being smart enough to listed to the people that actually play the game (srly, great work on that) so it feels like you arent wasting time for a game that i really like (i mostly play dst)

I personally play pretty much every available public beta, both out of curiosity for any new features and to try and provide feedback (even if not directly, sometimes it's done through discussing it with someone else who wanted to post about it on the forums and they include my points).

Bug reporting is of course also important here since that's pretty much what a beta is; an early and unfinished build in a more "isolated" environment to find game errors without them potentially interfering with everybody's gameplay.

I like playing the betas whenever possible. Transferring a world to the beta branch is fairly easy (and vice versa), so I’m able to play on my main world while experiencing the beta content. Betas are also usually pretty stable, but in the event they are not I usually backup fairly frequently so I won’t lose any substantial progress.

Also, betas are just fun to see and utilize bugs that said beta will have fixed before the main release. For instance, did you know the Eye of the Storm beta had a bug where killing the celestial champion gave you Every altar piece and then a duplicate of every said piece at 0,0,0 minus the orb? It’s how I got 6 spare sets of altars…

I enjoy the betas, but I only download them if it's something interesting or if it's a QoL update.

Ofc I like to report bugs because it informs Klei on what they need to improve on and what they should fix. Bug reporting is just really important.

But I don't find bugs occurring too often in betas because I find them pretty stable. Most bugs I find occurring are from mods in the server. Otherwise I find bugs being very rare if there are absolutely 0 mods.

Archived