[Game Update] - 478130

• Developer
  • Added Wanda’s carol voice
  • Fixed crafting structures consuming twice the resources
  • Fixed Mad Scientist Lab not consuming ingredients when making potions
  • Wanda now takes the correct amount of damage while freezing, overheating.
  • Fixed the health, hunger, and sanity icons in the Cookbook screen
  • Fixed the Time Rift exit’s mouse over name and inspect strings

View full update

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

its not strange its the health loss sound. Its on all characters

She don't lose health, she is aging. This sound created to took interest of player to health but it become annoying when you check it every one minute of game.

It would be much cooler with clock sound or soft sound effects or even muted? Maybe we could hear clock sounds when she became near to dying.

Edited by Slagger
  • Like 16

28 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Please guys, change the Wanda's natural aging sound or mute it. It's just annoying to hear a loud strange sound every 40 seconds.

I really like the sound though, specially when Wanda takes a lot of damage and her health ticks down quickly. Make a mod or get a friend to make a mod for you.

Edited by SomebodyRandom
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Please guys, change the Wanda's natural aging sound or mute it. It's just annoying to hear a loud strange sound every 40 seconds.

I was playing her yesterday, and when I wasn't busy, the sound was almost a jumpscare. Please tone it down at least : )

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Slagger said:

This was the first thing that I wanted to mention too.

It's simply unnecessary to hear her aging for every single year (every 1 "health") especially considering we get an even louder indication and chainge in her appearance with the animated stages every 15 years or whatever this is set too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

It would be much cooler with clock sound

I agree, hearing a tick-tock sound or something similar instead of the losing health sound as Wanda ages would be cool and thematically appropriate.

Edited by kiwikenobi
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed crafting structures consuming twice the resources

YAY!  Tell you it was SCARY when I crafted a meat effigy and it hit me for 32 years O_O lol

41 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

I agree, hearing a tick-tock sound or something similar instead of the losing health sound as Wanda ages would be cool and thematically appropriate.

That would be awesome ! Maybe have a gong when she changes forms, and a tick or a bell when she loses a year rather than the normal health-drop sound.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 11:35 AM, Karitha said:

I honestly really love the "aging" sound effect, and it's a very good reminder to heal. I think it being loud is sort of the point; it's supposed to grab your attention the same way the freezing and overheating sound effects do when you're in danger of losing health or dying. I wouldn't be opposed to an option to turn it off, but having Wanda always silently change forms would make managing age feel less urgent and would make the mechanic feel a little more... empty, imo. 

Edited by StongBab
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1