Very original tierlist content here

51 minutes ago, Dextops said:

nope its still maxwell wurts around as good as werebeaver on honey pretty sure

guille did a good video on wood gathering methods you have to factor picking up the logs which is wurts downfall so its better to not dig up stumps leading to less gain for even more time

I'm kinda confused how does maxwell compete with more choppers tho guess I'll have to checkout the vid.

3 hours ago, Dextops said:

nope its still maxwell wurts around as good as werebeaver on honey pretty sure

guille did a good video on wood gathering methods you have to factor picking up the logs which is wurts downfall so its better to not dig up stumps leading to less gain for even more time

Ok I saw the video and maybe I'm crazy but I still don't get how 3 loggers+1 digger ends up with higher speed than a bigger group but I won't argue it.

5 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

Ok I saw the video and maybe I'm crazy but I still don't get how 3 loggers+1 digger ends up with higher speed than a bigger group but I won't argue it.

the reason is the picking speed wurt must dig up stump and pick it up while maxwell does not have to do the stump digging part giving him an advantage

Since I have time I will explain why Walter belongs in the bottom of the barrel tier list.

First, Walter downside is more damaging than his upside. Keeping your health at near perfect health is very tedious. There are many mobs that deal from huge burst damage to small but in swarms. Good players tend to ignore hp until they are at a brink of death to save time. But when you get hit, dealing with constant sanity drain is very annoying and forces you to have at least half of max hp. Sanity drain can get so bad that it is equivalent of having 4 ghosts in a pub.

17 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

As for Walter alot of the issue with losing sanity downside comes from people who don't want to adapt and use body armor and his hat considering insanity auras unless your tanking some cases you'lllose less sanity than average in boss battles. He also offers the highest unburdened and easily maintained top speed he's not top tier but he's definitely not a bad characteter if your good at combat.

The argument of getting "git gud" or carry a pioneer hat doesn't work, since even good players get hit and constantly managing health is counter-productive. Second carrying a pioneer hat instead of footballhat just further puts you in a disadvantage. While all survivors carry one protective gear, Walter has to carry a log suit and sacrifice a body slot instead of a carrying backpack making Woby an equilibrium to a backpack. Basically Walter becomes just like a regular survivor but has to perform mental gymnastic to put on his boy scout hat in order to combat downside sanity drain.

Second, Walters kit doesn't offer any real advantage. The only upside is the slingshot is a good Krampus farm from here it only gets grim.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:25 PM, skile said:

Snip

Walter's portable tent, is just portable... There is no real reason to not sleep in a regular tent which is just better overall. It might be good at sea since it is smaller than a regular tent, but as I said the pay off isn't something to take home. Why do you need to waste purple gems for slowdown rounds when you can instead increase your speed for free. Walking cane, Magiluminescence, and road is enough to kite any mob/boss. Freeze rounds are better than ice staff, but with ice staff you are guaranteed a hit unlike the Walters slingshot which can miss, there is not many things to freeze anyway. Riding Woby is probably the most shilled thing when talking about Walter. It offers a nice early game scout but then it becomes dead weight. You get nice speed when fed the first day, but quickly slows down to not impressive after that. If you want a riding pet it's just better to get a beefalo since it can also defend against mobs and doesn't throw you off when getting hit by one. If you want even more slots carry a chester. Woby is just a watered down version of chester and beefalo combined.

Now I want to add this as a separate note because its also brought up numerous times. What makes Walters low dps ranged slingshot better than having the same Wes player deal damage with a hambat with a team? The Mime deals more dps (about 1.5x) as Walter with highest dps "melty marbles". Why sacrifice melee combat over non impressive ranged attack? Not only that melee weapons are cheap to get and last much longer and I will give some examples. Tentacle spike 100 uses and 51 damage vs marble pellets, 51 damage, 1 marble = 10 pellets. To break the tentacle spike it would take 5100 damage. For the same amount of damage it would take 51 marbles without missing once! Idk but I prefer fighting a tentacle for 50% chance drop than having to farm all of that.

His other sanity regenerating side perks are minuscule and feel like a hastle compared to Wendy's sisturn structure. Overall there is no way or form I would consider Walter a decent character thanks to his annoying downsides and marginal upsides. If Wes had that perk getting sanity drained while damaged I wouldn't have said a thing, since he is a challenging character. But it's a whole other story.

42 minutes ago, KeshS said:

While all survivors carry one protective gear, Walter has to carry a log suit and sacrifice a body slot instead of a carrying backpack making Woby an equilibrium to a backpack.

Why people always say this? You can wear backpack and equip armor only when needed

33 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Why people always say this? You can wear backpack and equip armor only when needed

You sometimes tend to forgot that you left it. Also not a good idea to leave your backpack unsupervised in pubs.

Get suprise damage. For example crossing the swamp and a fast merm or tentacle attacks you. No room for reaction.

Gameplay is much more simple with a footballhat than having to juggle log suit, pioneer hat/footballhat, and backpack.

7 minutes ago, KeshS said:

No room for reaction.

tentacles do take a couple seconds to spring up you 100% have time to react but could just be the wurt main inside me

also you can still wear a football helmet since pretty sure could be wrong but damage resistance makes it so you lose less sanity since you take less damage think it may be better to wear the football helmet then the pioneer hat

13 minutes ago, KeshS said:

You sometimes tend to forgot that you left it

Practise. It happend to me when i started playing, now i never forget it

14 minutes ago, KeshS said:

Get suprise damage. For example crossing the swamp and a fast merm or tentacle attacks you. No room for reaction.

Be more carefully in the swamp if you need reeds or wear head armor for that biome and drop it at base after

15 minutes ago, KeshS said:

Gameplay is much more simple with a footballhat than having to juggle log suit, pioneer hat/footballhat, and backpack

Wendy's and wigfrid's gameplay is much simpler than any other character gameplay. Are they all bad because you need to think a little more to play?

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Snip

It's not about thinking. Warly is a difficult char and offers unique dishes and spices to the team. Walter is difficult char and doesn't offer nearly as much to others or himself. I think there is concept substitution between being inefficient and difficult. Seventeen characters, and Walter is the only one that has to carry a log suit to compete with others while everyone is wearing a regular footballhat everytime; depressing to say the least. Image below describes very well about Walter.

Just because you are unique doesn't mean you are useful | Picture Quotes

15 minutes ago, KeshS said:

It's not about thinking. Warly is a difficult char and offers unique dishes and spices to the team. Walter is difficult char and doesn't offer nearly as much to others or himself. I think there is concept substitution between being inefficient and difficult. Seventeen characters, and Walter is the only one that has to carry a log suit to compete with others while everyone is wearing a regular footballhat everytime; depressing to say the least. Image below describes very well about Walter.

Just because you are unique doesn't mean you are useful | Picture Quotes

But you can wear a football helmet if you dont like to carry a log suite

Is true that he offers things that arent game changing to compensate his downsides but still being useful. To play with others is one of the most fun characters

3 hours ago, KeshS said:

Walter's portable tent, is just portable... There is no real reason to not sleep in a regular tent which is just better overall

Portable means that you can sleep whenever you want. For cleaning ruins is useful since you dont need to waste healing food, just stomach when you are waiting nightmere cycle to be finished

5 hours ago, Dextops said:

the reason is the picking speed wurt must dig up stump and pick it up while maxwell does not have to do the stump digging part giving him an advantage

True but Wurt can chop more trees faster thru sheer numbers so ignoring the stumps should still give her the advantage.

3 hours ago, KeshS said:

The argument of getting "git gud" or carry a pioneer hat doesn't work, since even good players get hit and constantly managing health is counter-productive. Second carrying a pioneer hat instead of footballhat just further puts you in a disadvantage. While all survivors carry one protective gear, Walter has to carry a log suit and sacrifice a body slot instead of a carrying backpack making Woby an equilibrium to a backpack. Basically Walter becomes just like a regular survivor but has to perform mental gymnastic to put on his boy scout hat in order to combat downside sanity drain.

Second, Walters kit doesn't offer any real advantage. The only upside is the slingshot is a good Krampus farm from here it only gets grim.

Refusing to play the character properly because meta says you need headshot armor is player fault not character fault it's like playing Warly and saying i don't feel like using my portable crockpot also you can't trust pubs is not a good excuse to consider body armor bad simply play with people you can trust. Walter's downside isn't about being a pro at combat it's about taking advantage of his kit I'm not willing to do the math again but i remember bringing up before took somewhere around 30 hits from pigman for Walter to go insane when he properly used his hat that is far from fast and doesn't require perfect kitting. Then he also has portable tent which made from grass a very available resource the meta tells people that sleeping is useless as is his hat and people listen then say he sucks because going insane sucks sometimes "git gud" just means use what the game tells you.

As for saying he offers nothing.

-Highest character storage capacity

-Fastest unburdened movement speed without beefalo

-Sharable portable tent that is non perishable and fully heals hp and sanity 10 times

-slingshot which is useful for farming darts, morsels, and gold. Allows you to kill bishops outside their attack range and makes it so you don't have to hunt down cowardly mobs as well giving you extra hits on mobs with kitting patterns

-group sanity management ability thru stories

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

True but Wurt can chop more trees faster thru sheer numbers so ignoring the stumps should still give her the advantage.

yeah its still less efficient since less gain for more time

5 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Snip

This post is just stroking the ego that you can play with a char that is annoying to manage while offering none in return. I won't go again to my points and just summarize why your points are still not good for a kit.

9 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

-Highest character storage capacity

-Fastest unburdened movement speed without beefalo

-Sharable portable tent that is non perishable and fully heals hp and sanity 10 times

-slingshot which is useful for farming darts, morsels, and gold. Allows you to kill bishops outside their attack range and makes it so you don't have to hunt down cowardly mobs as well giving you extra hits on mobs with kitting patterns

-group sanity management ability thru stories

- Chester is available for everyone.

- Beefalo takes time but offers better utility than Woby

- Equivalent of bed roll

- Mentioned that and Krampus farm (Probably the only upside)

- Sanity food or inferior version to sisturn

Now tell me something Walter can do where majority of survivors can't do without mentioning his weak dps slingshot.

47 minutes ago, KeshS said:

This post is just stroking the ego that you can play with a char that is annoying to manage while offering none in return. I won't go again to my points and just summarize why your points are still not good for a kit.

- Chester is available for everyone.

- Beefalo takes time but offers better utility than Woby

- Equivalent of bed roll

- Mentioned that and Krampus farm (Probably the only upside)

- Sanity food or inferior version to sisturn

Now tell me something Walter can do where majority of survivors can't do without mentioning his weak dps slingshot.

Healing food and lazy explorer = wortox

Followers= Wolfgang and Wigfrid's damage

Auto farms=wwickerbottom

Proper farming knowledge and jellybeans=Wormwood

Wx's high stats and overcharge=bone armor, beefalo, and bulbous light bugs

Just to name afew perks are replaceable and Walter sure isn't the first to have them be replaceable.

3 hours ago, Dextops said:

tentacles do take a couple seconds to spring up you 100% have time to react but could just be the wurt main inside me

True, but no doubt Walter is the hardest character to detect tentacles with since he isn't effected by their insanity aura, you have to rely on your eyes and eyes alone and big Woby can cover them with his large size.

Archived