Very original tierlist content here

In Dst what is a good character varies not only with the player's skill, but also their goals and playstyle. So wether I agree or not, I like reading tierlist and specially all the ensuing fighting and discussion, cause I always end up learning a new use or strategy for a character.

Case in point:

13 hours ago, Owlrus said:

But it feels good turning into a goose and abandoning your team on a breaking boat all the same.

On 7/31/2021 at 9:36 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

Wurt is C tier in the early game, and slowly grows to become S.
Wortox is not S tier, it may be A tier during the early game but it falls to C tier quickly. In the exact opposite of Wurt, it probably starts as A tier and falls to C tier as the game advances. 

WX was a very good character in DS, but its currently the worst character on DST: its perks offer nothing to the team, one of its two main perks require specifically another specific character doing something for it (or glitching moslings) and the other main perk consists on getting higher stats out of eating a super valuable resource early and mid game, which usually heavily damages the progress of the team.
WX is D tier or lower. 

Woodie is correctly rated as B by pure luck,  even though your description of him shows lack of understanding of his perks and I strongly recommend watching skilled players use it to get a better idea.
He is B tier but mostly because of his weak late game: Woodie adapts to whatever the team needs through most of the game, its a versatile and cheap character.

Webber is at least B tier now.

I personally don't like Wormwood, but I've seen skilled players do some interesting things with his perks. They can single handedly cover all food demands of an entire server, heal just using rot, stockpile dark swords and starcallers from the very early game and keep a permanent 20% speed boost.
Wormwood is most likely A tier in the right hands.

I agree with most all of your points, but I don't see how you can call Wortox A tier. He is invaluable as a solo player and as a team player. He can heal ridiculous amounts at the cost of basically nothing (a few butterflies/bees is whatever), and can also sustain himself off of this. I would wager that playing Wortox essentially makes the game trivial because surviving is so ridiculously easy if you know what you're doing. If all I wanted to do was survive, I would just base near bees as Wortox. I would never have any food or health problems whatsoever, and my team would never have trouble with health either. He also is a living nightmare fuel farm since his playstyle will simply perpetuate insanity no matter what. His mobility makes exploring the map super fast, and also trivializes some boss fights entirely if you're skilled enough. I truly think he is the best character in the game without question simply because he is A. invaluable to a team and B. nearly unkillable in the right hands.

56 minutes ago, Souper said:

if you're skilled enough. I truly think he is the best character in the game without question simply because he is A. invaluable to a team and B. nearly unkillable in the right hands.

funny cause I consider wortox the worst character for skilled players

Just now, Guille6785 said:

funny cause I consider wortox the worst character for skilled players

In terms of ceiling I can see where you're coming from, as other characters might afford you more potential. But I haven't quite considered that so I'm not so sure about it.

23 minutes ago, Souper said:

In terms of ceiling I can see where you're coming from, as other characters might afford you more potential. But I haven't quite considered that so I'm not so sure about it.

Is sooo easy to survive as him (healing, food that doesnt rot and a teleport to easily flee from problems) and, in a crew, has a lot of utility making some boss fights trivial but the payoff for is big for being grindy. You always have to eat a lot which waste you time and usually you will have low sanity which also waste time, with that wasted time you can fill a bundle with healing food and farm orange gems to craft lazy explorers so in late game he just sucks. Yes, in early is so good and has powerful perks wigrid like but, like her, in late or for experience players, arent that good. Just makes survival even trivial 

4 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Is sooo easy to survive as him (healing, food that doesnt rot and a teleport to easily flee from problems) and, in a crew, has a lot of utility making some boss fights trivial but the payoff for is big for being grindy. You always have to eat a lot which waste you time and usually you will have low sanity which also waste time, with that wasted time you can fill a bundle with healing food and farm orange gems to craft lazy explorers so in late game he just sucks. Yes, in early is so good and has powerful perks wigrid like but, like her, in late or for experience players, arent that good. Just makes survival even trivial 

The main difference here is that wigfrid's helmets remain probably the best option when it comes to disposable armour even into the latest of late games, and the passive healing is very nice even when you do have jellybeans, while wortox's healing becomes pretty much redundant to the team, leaving wortox to deal with the fact that his teleportation is all he has left.

That having been said, I think it comes down to whether or not klei wants to commit to long term usefulness, or whether some characters will have limited to no early game usefulness (warly and wurt) whilst others will have little to not late game usefulness (wortox, winona), with each making up their weak areas with the other.

Personally, I'd like to see characters remain useful in the lategame, but I don't think there's any requirement they not be generally less powerful than the late bloomers. Sadly, I'm not sure what that could be in regards to wortox, outside of being able to pull pranks for sanity or something of that nature. 

17 hours ago, Warpspeed10 said:

The reason to use Werebeaver is not for the slightly faster harvesting speed than Lucy. You use Werebeaver to prevent the spawn of Treeguards. When you are mass farming logs for a project any other way (like with pigs) those Treeguards are the main cause of your slowdown. And when you are using one meat each pig for half a day loyalty, getting stopped in the middle to fight really hurts.

Hoenstly I'd much rather stay in human form than Werebeaver form any given day. In Werebeaver form you're on a disadvantage for everything but treeguards and night I suppose.

Hounds, freezing, shadow creatures, spider disturbances, etc. are not hard to stumble upon as Werebeaver at all. In fact if you stay in the form too much you are meant to die to shadow creatures.

17 hours ago, Warpspeed10 said:

First, Weremoose is much cheaper than the alternative (only 3 monster meat, 2 grass). Weremoose provides 10% more protection than a football helmet and does the same damage as a ham bat. As long as you don't need to heal during a particular fight, Weremoose is perfectly fine one-on-one. Where moose really shines though is when fighting swarms. As long as you aim your charge to avoid hitting trees/rocks Woodie can easily decimate swarms of frogs/bees/spiders by repeatedly charging back and forth through them.

Nearly doesn't change the fact that it is too risky. Being barely more tanky than a cheap armor doesn't change the fact that you're slow, invulnerable to health loss, shadow creatures disturbance etc. There are people even in this thread saying that speed is the best stat, yet your argument centers around a form that has possibly the worst mobility (charge attacks have no control and Weremoose is slow) among all the characters. Only area where Weremoose is good at is when you need to kill spiders or bees which is REALLY situational.

There are thousands of ways to set up spider farms and being in a vulnerable form because it has AoE damage is not a good way to kill spiders. Not to mention that it is only good against overworld spiders and it loses it's effectiveness when there's a single nurse spider involved in the process. It is also basically a waste when there's only two spider dens or less. 

Bees are even more situational than spiders. It is only good if you have a bee biome in the world, and you're guarenteed to die if you get stunlocked once during the charge attack ending animation. Unlike the human form where W A S D buttons actually work.

41 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Hounds, freezing, shadow creatures, spider disturbances, etc. are not hard to stumble upon as Werebeaver at all. In fact if you stay in the form too much you are meant to die to shadow creatures.

For that you dont convert when many days since the last hound wave have passed, near spiders (pretty obv) or with already low sanity. Also werebeaver can fight, he has few armor, not bad damage and the meter is drained at the same speed than working

43 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Nearly doesn't change the fact that it is too risky. Being barely more tanky than a cheap armor doesn't change the fact that you're slow, invulnerable to health loss, shadow creatures disturbance etc. There are people even in this thread saying that speed is the best stat, yet your argument centers around a form that has possibly the worst mobility (charge attacks have no control and Weremoose is slow) among all the characters. Only area where Weremoose is good at is when you need to kill spiders or bees which is REALLY situational.

You can kite with him just fine. You dont need that much speed to fight clockworks in the ruins and to travel you can charge to reach areas so fast also to flee before you meter goes to 0 to convert into human in a safe area.

Weremoose isnt only good at killing spiders and bees. You should play him before talking. He can beat any number of hounds, trees guards, spiderqueens, monkeys (nightmere fuel and bannanas), shadows, vargs, etc AT THE SAME TIME without getting hurt by just spaming charge. It saves a lot of time and cleaning the ruins as weremoose is so fun and cheap

Also it works to kill some bosses like beequeen or deerclops

46 minutes ago, douan33 said:

There are thousands of ways to set up spider farms and being in a vulnerable form because it has AoE damage is not a good way to kill spiders. Not to mention that it is only good against overworld spiders and it loses it's effectiveness when there's a single nurse spider involved in the process. It is also basically a waste when there's only two spider dens or less. 

By the time you set a spider farm a woodie can have many chests filled with silk and glands by just wasting few MM and grass. Ofc you dont convert into weremoose in an area witj just 1 nest lol.

Pls play him so you dont say things like that because is clear that you didnt have experience playing woodie

11 hours ago, Souper said:

I agree with most all of your points, but I don't see how you can call Wortox A tier.

try playing wortox into a late game world and see how long you last, that ****'s annoying. Maybe hes op in a ruins base with a wendy duo idk, but for solo, all the heals go towards you anyways, and wolfgang/wx have better speed boosts since they are constant boosts instead of 1 big boost. Plus, how much healing do you really even need late game? Bone armour will protect you from 90% of damage, thule crowns will protect you from the damage you mess up and take, beefalo prevent all damage, and (afaik) arent healed by souls, (which would actually give wortox a niche of not having to dismount to heal beefalos), and bee queen provides like at least 1900+ hp worth of healing per kill. Wortox essentially having a 2x hunger drain rate isnt really worth the perks he has, unless its a short and i mean very short world, like 1-2 years world.

tl;dr - wort heals arent op in solo play cause of the insane amount of armour and heals you get normally, his movement is generally slower than other chars since you need to refill your soul stash, and wortox essentially has 2x hunger drain at all times which, like 2 similar poles on a magnet, is repelling as all hell

as a Wurt/Walter main, i have several opinions on this tier list:

1. glad to see Wurt in S tier, but she's an A tier at best. 

2.Walter. well, i'm not saying he's the best, but in team, he's at least B. Additional damage from slingshot may be not that big, but in the process, Walter uses much less armor and healing. Slowdown rounds can be very good for some bosses. iced rounds, as all rounds, stack up to 60, so it's like having 6 ice staffs on you(even though you won't probably need 6 ice staffs except you're fighting CK). slingshot also pretty good for fighting on Water and dealing with clockworks, farming birds. Woby provides 9 more slots of inventory, which can be accessed only by splumonkeys and players, so it's one of the safest ways to store stuff(also, 9 more slots wouldn't hurt). Big Woby has up to 66% more speed than a player and only requeres 3 monster meat(can also be dried, which is nice) so it's not only good for "kiting" with slingshot in battle, but also exploration(and since YOTB event, early-game gathering, kind of(longer picking animation, but higher move speed)). His tents cost 15 grass and 4 twigs, for a portable tent with 10 uses, with only disadvantage of having half the healing of normal tent. his story telling is outclassed pretty fast by starcallers, but it's pretty nice little perk. also him not loosing sanity from dead players is good for pubs, and not loosing sanity from darkness is good for caves. his "sanity on hit" downside only really a problem in solo(but why would you play someone like Walter in solo anyway?), as in team, he shouldn't get hit in most fights(also it's actually a benefit in CC fight)

as if this wasn't enough: he can pet a dog

12 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

For that you dont convert when many days since the last hound wave have passed, near spiders (pretty obv) or with already low sanity. Also werebeaver can fight, he has few armor, not bad damage and the meter is drained at the same speed than working

The amount of situationalness you object is insane. If you have to stop and count the dangers that might get into your way just because you want to be in a vulnerable form for maximum of 4 minutes then you're doing something wrong. For real it is not that deep, just be Werebeaver and die to any danger you stumble upon.

You can kite with him just fine. You dont need that much speed to fight clockworks in the ruins and to travel you can charge to reach areas so fast also to flee before you meter goes to 0 to convert into human in a safe area.

Only clockwork that is worth kiting is the knight. You should be tanking Bishops and Rooks, and if you're not doing that you should be leading Rook into other clockworks.

Bishops and Rooks do insane damage and healing is important. Turning into Weremoose form literally next to where Thelucite gear is made must be the dumbest idea I've heard in a while. You should be so carefree to turn into any form in the most dangerous place in the game. You already lack sanity / food / inventory space in the ruins. Only thing Weremoose does is to make it significantly worse in every aspect possible. Just think about that.

Weremoose isnt only good at killing spiders and bees. You should play him before talking. He can beat any number of hounds, trees guards, spiderqueens, monkeys (nightmere fuel and bannanas), shadows, vargs, etc AT THE SAME TIME without getting hurt by just spaming charge. It saves a lot of time and cleaning the ruins as weremoose is so fun and cheap

Honestly I don't know why people made so many assumptions under this thread. People assumed I play Wurt because I put her in S tier. No, she is just the best character over all only a step behind Wendy. I have been playing Willow for years, but I have played Woodie for even longer. Even now I have a world that I dropped a few days ago I played Woodie only. I know what Woodie is and know him to his roots but I can accept the fact that he has a few tricks up his sleeve but so many other characters do just way better than him. 

Also every mob you just counted is better off dealt with an armor and a weapon. Some of them have insanity aura so again, Weremoose does nothing but make it worse this time. Not big surprise.

By the time you set a spider farm a woodie can have many chests filled with silk and glands by just wasting few MM and grass. Ofc you dont convert into weremoose in an area witj just 1 nest lol.

Pls play him so you dont say things like that because is clear that you didnt have experience playing woodie

I thought I already said that he is good at killing overworld spiders? Although he is good at it, Wendy, Webber, Wolfgang, Wigfrid, Wurt either do better or do just fine. Even Walter is really good at killing spiders. I am not saying Woodie is bad at it, he's good at it: but again extremely situational. I don't remember a time where I said "God I wish I was Woodie so I'd be able to kill spiders and have chests of full of silk and glands". In fact nobody says that, killing spiders is not a big deal.

Also I have never been into forum side of the community. I was always on Steam, Discord and Reddit part of it. But I've heard your name and seeing you making assumptions like that honestly got me dissappointed in a non-personal level. Like, where did you get that I don't have experience for Woodie? For the longest time I'd think I'd die if I didn't have an infinite axe. Anyways, please talk accordingly to that. 

55 minutes ago, douan33 said:

The amount of situationalness you object is insane. If you have to stop and count the dangers that might get into your way just because you want to be in a vulnerable form for maximum of 4 minutes then you're doing something wrong. For real it is not that deep, just be Werebeaver and die to any danger you stumble upon

Just hounds and shadows. Isnt that hard, just check your sanity metter and think when was the last hound wave

57 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Only clockwork that is worth kiting is the knight. You should be tanking Bishops and Rooks, and if you're not doing that you should be leading Rook into other clockworks.

For that having 90% armor by just MM and grass is cheap

57 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Bishops and Rooks do insane damage and healing is important

Bishop deals 4 damage and rooks deals 4,5 damage to weremoose. You can heal after being damaged (just charge few times to be safe and wait to drain the meter) and you can use jelly beans right before eating the idol

1 hour ago, douan33 said:

Turning into Weremoose form literally next to where Thelucite gear is made must be the dumbest idea I've heard in a while.

Sure is so dumb to waste monster meat and grass instead of thulecite and, by the way, changing the way you clean the ruins

You should be so carefree to turn into any form in the most dangerous place in the game. You already lack sanity / food / inventory space in the ruins. Only thing Weremoose does is to make it significantly worse in every aspect possible. Just think about that.

For that you need a little of experience to know how much you can overextend.

Sanity isnt a problem when you can damage anyamount of enemies at the same time. Shadows can damage you if you change but you are dealing damage to them+the thing you were fighting.  3 terrobeaks after your ass in nightmerecycle? Np, spam charge and kill them

Honestly I don't know why people made so many assumptions under this thread.

Because you are saying that weremoose is only good for killing bees and spiders

I can accept the fact that he has a few tricks up his sleeve but so many other characters do just way better than him. 

Sure, wendy kills small mobs faster and maxwell gathers materials faster but they can only do better 1 thing. Woodie is a jack of all trades and that means that he doesnt shyne on 1 work but is usefull in many. Nobody is saying here that woodie is the best in something

Also every mob you just counted is better off dealt with an armor and a weapon. Some of them have insanity aura so again, Weremoose does nothing but make it worse this time. Not big surprise.

Sure. I would like to see how can be fough +20 monkeys, 5 spidee queens+shadows, 5 treeguarss+shadows, an entire server worth of hounds... Woodie just press right click and kill them all. Again, isnt the best but is useful

And again, shadows arent a problem with his charge 

Also I have never been into forum side of the community. I was always on Steam, Discord and Reddit part of it. But I've heard your name and seeing you making assumptions like that honestly got me dissappointed in a non-personal level. Like, where did you get that I don't have experience for Woodie? For the longest time I'd think I'd die if I didn't have an infinite axe. Anyways, please talk accordingly to that.

I didnt want to sound rude but is what you made me think saying things like "weregoose, weremoose and werebeaver are mortal traps" "woodie only is useful for killing spiders and bees" "losing sanity as weremoose makes things worse" "weregoose isnt good" etc, etc

47 minutes ago, Well-met said:

thats just ignorant

a lazy explorer on legs with high health and self sustenance is anything but bad

Worst doesnt mean bad just that there is better options. Wortox perks and cons arent bad but i prefer 1000 times wormwood, wendy, wolfgang, weeber, woodie, wurt, walter, wigfrid, warly...

Maybe if im playing with my noob friends i will pick him because makes their survival easier but for playing alone...is really fun but not for a long term world

On 7/31/2021 at 8:02 PM, douan33 said:

I just didn't see anyone doing a tierlist after the Webber rework.

my-image.thumb.png.116d0dd495c442e22ae6cb012ca80487.png

Let me explain everyone in advance

S Tier

Wendy: Arguably the best character at the moment. High DPS, high AoE control, very good stats, and barely any harsh downsides.

Wolfgang: lol play the game i am not doing any explaining

Wurt: I don't understand why Wurt gets no love even though she is better at everything than everyone else. She benefits the most from farms, she has the highest DPS in the franchise due to Merms, she has one of the highest stats (in the top 3) in the entire franchise again. She also brings a lot to table that noone talks about such as: she can turn Spring into Autumn since wetness has almost no downside on her. In a multiplayer enviroment I don't even get hyped up in the slightest when we kill Deerclops for the first time. She is also the only one that can make use out of Merms and the swamp biome.

Merms are unarguably the best allies due to their health, attack speed, and how easy and comfortable they are to use.

Swamp is "Grass Biome but better" for the case of Wurt. Ability to see tentacles do nothing but help her even though they are one of the most dangerous mobs ever.

Wortox: Hunger? Health? All my homies only care for Sanity. Not even needing to eat for days or skipping health food just because you killed a few butterflies a few days ago is really good.

A Tier

Warly: Eating one spiced food seasoned with any spice makes you better than rest of the characters for several minutes. Also higher DPS than everyone but Wurt.

Maxwell: Honestly depends on the player. Sometimes Maxwells are nothing but a burden for your team. But with a good Maxwell you don't even have to prototype any tools in the entire run for a quality gameplay.

Wickerbottom and WX: idk read any other tierlist for dst in the world.

Winona: Let me tell you what she is doing in the A tier: her downsides and upsides are so balanced that even though she is no better than Wilson at combat, gathering, or surviving in general she is better than most of the characters. Fast crafting is a life saver, and walking in the dark is *literally* a life saver. Her catapults melt bosses and she also out damages Wolfgang. There's no reason for her to be a bad character.

B Tier

Woodie: We're getting to the bad characters. If you think being able to chop a not-fully-grown Evergreen under 2 seconds as soon as you enter the game is a good perk you're wrong. But let me get on some details.

Woodie alone is no different than Wilson unless you're planning to do a pixel art made out of logs, which Maxwell and Wurt can do better by the way. In a multiple enviroment he is a great addition due to lack of downsides but that's it. Chopping fast is not a good upside. People usually spend their 80% of logs on chests, Woodie only speeds up the chest are process and chests are not even a must-have or anything.

Weremoose form must be a joke. It is only worse than equipping a helmet and a hambat. In fact you can actually heal in human form so yeah Weremoose is really bad.

Werebeaver form is a lesser funny joke. Why would you trap yourself into a sanity-draining, vulnerable and fragile being when you can just use your only upside which is Lucy?

Weregoose is fine but for only 2 minutes. Just find the Lunar island and that's it. Even a ghost can do that.

(I don't have anything against Canadians I was traumatized by a Goose with an axe as a child so I hate Woodie naturally sorry).

C Tier

Webber: He is so good in caves it is unbelievable. 2 Monster Meats will help you clean the ruins. But ruins is a one time job and his stats are too low to be effective at anything. Also spiders overworld are really bad and useful for nothing. Spiders are one of the easiest mobs to avoid or fight and a character designed around that can't be good obviously.

Wigfrid: Her DPS is high but only higher than a few characters. She is a bad gatherer and she doesn't benefit from more than half of the food items in the game. Her helmets are good but that topic involves character swapping so I won't get into that. She is not bad but she is not effective early game and her upsides doesn't mean anything  in the late game. Mediocre tier for a mediocre character.

D Tier

Willow: She's my main. Her upsides help a lot in the early game but you can literally get a lantern day 1 and everyone else seems to do fine without a 3000 health meat shield that does nothing but die. 

Wormwood: I don't get why people put him in S or A tier. Health stat is the only stat that matters and his all character is designed on not being able to heal himself. You can start a fully-managing potato farm as soon as you install farms in 3 days maximum. He might be great for the whole team but he is not good for himself and this is not a "how useful to the team" tierlist.

E and F tier

Why would you pick these characters I won't even explain Wilson and Wes

Walter: Everything you see in the game directly or indirectly tries to kill you. From day-to-night cycle to mushrooms you find on the ground to queen of spiders. If you are going to lose sanity because you got hit from one of the thousands of way to get killed in the game just rush character swapping portal I guess. Also as if he is any good why is he allergic to bees...

I tried to put my own thoughts into this. I know this is an overdone content but I think I have unique opinions than the Meta™️.

Spiders are actually able to fight more bosses than merms and in most cases will walk away alive making webber's followers better than wurt's in combat. Also due to Webber's den tent mechanic and raw meat perk all webber needs for long travels is a spider since it'll handle his hunger, sanity, and hp while stockpiling healing items.

As for resources bearage provides the wood, stonefruits provide the stone, and pig king provides the gold.

Then when you compare stats while wurt definately has webber beat in sanity and hunger but webber is effectively more durable than wurt and spends less on food than her.

Webber's power isn't limited to caves as you can just bring stronger spiders to surface.

The reason Wurt is generally rated lower on lists is because her harvesting ability while great is easily replaced and as of webber's update his followers are better at combat than merms, while costing less, being self sustaining, and directly controllable.

As for Walter alot of the issue with losing sanity downside comes from people who don't want to adapt and use body armor and his hat considering insanity auras unless your tanking some cases you'lllose less sanity than average in boss battles. He also offers the highest unburdened and easily maintained top speed he's not top tier but he's definitely not a bad characteter if your good at combat.

Lastly Bernie is actually very useful for   boss fights tho not much else.

Edit: Wortox should probaly be lower as well his abilities fall off hard by the first winter. His soul hop is replaced by boats, soul healing is replaced by healing food and bundling wraps, and at that point his only big benefit is group healing.

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

thats just ignorant

a lazy explorer on legs with high health and self sustenance is anything but bad

I'm only speaking for my skill level here, I do recognize wortox is a pretty safe choice for most players since mistakes aren't as punishing with him and he can sustain himself for cheap

Pair Wormwood with a tamed beefalo and you will see why everyone puts him on S or A. I once beat every single none ocean boss in the first year with him (Dragonfly, Bee Queen, Klaus, Deerclops, 4 Moose families, Toadstool (could've been misery if RNG wasn't a *****), and Fuelweaver which includes shadows bosses and ancient guardian). His playstyle is truly unique and fun, and I consider it one of the best challenge characters in any game; Since the challenge is not just "You do little damage and have low stats". That's more of a tedium than challenge. Wormwood however, has a downside which forces you to adapt new strategies and also has enough perks for said strategy.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:02 PM, douan33 said:

Webber: He is so good in caves it is unbelievable. 2 Monster Meats will help you clean the ruins. But ruins is a one time job and his stats are too low to be effective at anything. Also spiders overworld are really bad and useful for nothing. Spiders are one of the easiest mobs to avoid or fight and a character designed around that can't be good obviously.

so being able to easily kill crab king or bee queen is really bad and useful for nothing? 

17 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Just hounds and shadows. Isnt that hard, just check your sanity metter and think when was the last hound wave

"Just do that and you will be fine" doesn't make a character any meter. Even if you check your sanity level, your sanity is going down rapidly. Imagine getting chased by Terrorbeaks as Weregoose: You checked your sanity level before, you even had food. But since your sanity is going down, when you transform back you will get hit multiple times. You're not thinking logically, not everything happens on paper. 

Thinking when the last hound wave was must be the most hilarious joke I've heard for a while. "Oh, next hound wave should happen someday between tomorrow and day 127. I should limit myself from using any of my forms except Weremoose." Then what is the point of defending forms?

By your logic, I can safely assume that Wes is as good as Wilson because I can just avoid damage, eat food, avoid sanity drain, not plant signs, and count everyday for hound attacks or put my volume to 100% so I can hear bosses and hound waves. That's utterly wrong.

For that having 90% armor by just MM and grass is cheap

And can be the least beneficial option you have. I have been counting every problem using idols bring but you're staying on the paper. Yes, grass and monster meat is cheap. But using 2 meat, 2 pig skins, 3 grass and 2 sticks will last 3-4 days of high damage and high protection. Plus, there's not much difference between football helmet and Weremoose form except Weremoose only offers 10% more protection (for example a spider hits 20. 10% of 20 is 2, 80%  of 20 is 16, 90% of 20 is 18. 10% changes barely anything on most mobs.) and is very problematic. Even that split second of transforming into human animation might get you stunlocked to death if not timed correctly.

Bishop deals 4 damage and rooks deals 4,5 damage to weremoose. You can heal after being damaged (just charge few times to be safe and wait to drain the meter) and you can use jelly beans right before eating the idol

Sure is so dumb to waste monster meat and grass instead of thulecite and, by the way, changing the way you clean the ruins.

The low damage numbers go for anything. They deal only 2 more damage to a football helmet. Plus you're in the ruins, a football helmet and a darksword is undeniably a straight upgrade from the Weremoose form. Plus if you think charging away from action and waiting out the meter because you have low sanity, low health and no hunger is a huge risk. I am not even sure if you've ever been to ruins after the shadow creatures rework lately: But having 0 nightmares around after your transformation ended is nearly not possible. Best case scenario you transform back with some armor on and you had enough health to tank a few shots. 

By that time any character could end the action by eating some health food. Kind of sad that Woodie has to run away from his vulnerable form to go back in a vulnerable form.

And yes, again, it is utterly dumb to use any kind of form in ruins instead of using armor. You're in the ruins to get some gears and ancient stuff. If you're forcing yourself to get damage and not playing it safe (no I don't mean avoiding everything. I am talking about fighting with a plan) you're doing something wrong. No ruin clearence or ruin rush requires Woodie to do that, there's just too many drawbacks.

For that you need a little of experience to know how much you can overextend.

This is hard to read. This is not a good argument at all. You should stop assuming stuff and state facts. Experience differs from one to other and I don't see how someone can use this as an argument? Like do we have definite proof of how our brains work while playing Woodie in every situation possible? I really don't like how you are putting philosophical matters on the table. Just stop that already please?

Sanity isnt a problem when you can damage anyamount of enemies at the same time. Shadows can damage you if you change but you are dealing damage to them+the thing you were fighting.  3 terrobeaks after your ass in nightmerecycle? Np, spam charge and kill them

Again, we are getting nowhere put stay on the paper. Do you always have high sanity high health when you're against nightmares in nightmare cycle? There's lots of non-paper stuff I can count to that one thing you say, and I will and I hope that helps you.

Your argument states that you can just charge attack terrorbeaks to kill them in the ruins, during the nightmare cycle, right?

1. Nightmare cycle constantly spawns shadow creatures. Charging back to hurt them will get closer you to nightmare lights, and it will get you deeper to the danger if you're already in a nightmare lights biome. Charging back and fort to kill them would be ineffective. Running away to lure them in a safe location with an armor and a weapon is unarguably the best solution, since nightmares only weakness is mobility.

2. Weremoose is again, the slowest you can purely (no webs, no aftersleeps) get as any character in this game. And Terrorbeaks are the fastest shadow creatures in the game... That means they will either catch up to you tiing that when you start your charge they will damage you. Not only that they can and will occasionally hurt you during your charge, how can you skip that?

3. Do you know something that noone else knows? Or are you stating these scenarios as you are on always high sanity and high health willingly. Imagine turning into Weremoose on low health to run away from shadows with that low mobility you have. If nothing, it will only drop your sanity to draw even more shadow creatures. Or even imagine already being in the Weremoose form and getting chased by shadows. Do you not know that you can't avoid eating and turning into a human animations? If you had an armor on you they will drop too, you will most definitely die to shadow creatures if you do this. Please don't misinform people? I can't believe I had to say that.

Because you are saying that weremoose is only good for killing bees and spiders

I didn't say that in general, I meant assumptions by who I put in where. No, an overdone dumb tier list doesn't reveal one's experience or mains or personality. It is just an overdone dumb content. And yes, Weremoose is only 100% good at that which still has strictions.

18 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I quoted this and forum glitched and now I can't delete this quote sorry -douan33

Sure, wendy kills small mobs faster and maxwell gathers materials faster but they can only do better 1 thing. Woodie is a jack of all trades and that means that he doesnt shyne on 1 work but is usefull in many. Nobody is saying here that woodie is the best in something

Wendy is literally the 2nd strongest character, one of the characters that benefit from the ruins most, has the best AoE control, has infinite light, is the best Ancient Fuelwaver and Beequeen killer, has the best sanity control, her stats are above or at average. But too bad she can't chop trees or lock herself into a vulnerable form to do what already Abigail and she can do. Maxwell is the 2nd fastest wood and rock gatherer, has a sanity control that is very benefitial most of the time, and unarguably the best team player. He outshines everything that Woodie does except having high health and being the fastest lunar rusher. Lakurion's career was based on Maxwell, if you can find his videos give it a shot. He's not rigt but it seems like you can learn new stuff. There are people who strongly argue how strong Wendy and Maxwell is on Reddit, I really hope you can leave some of your time and check it out.

Sure. I would like to see how can be fough +20 monkeys, 5 spidee queens+shadows, 5 treeguarss+shadows, an entire server worth of hounds... Woodie just press right click and kill them all. Again, isnt the best but is useful

Can you find me someone, literally anyone who thinks this can happen in a vanilla enviroment? Plus, Woodie would die really quick, because of his stopping animations he would get stunlocked to death. But even a highper possibility, he will take damage and die *during* his charge attack. You know he is not invincible, right? 

Plus this scenario is hilarious because Wilson with thelucite crown would stay alive longer due to thelucite crown's invulnerability state.

I didnt want to sound rude but is what you made me think saying things like "weregoose, weremoose and werebeaver are mortal traps" "woodie only is useful for killing spiders and bees" "losing sanity as weremoose makes things worse" "weregoose isnt good" etc, etc

I didn't say that. I said you were assuming my experience on Woodie even though I have years of experiencing as him. Let me say this again: for the longest time I thought I wouldn't survive a day without Woodie in a world due to my opinions on him. But I'm glad that changed for the better.

8 hours ago, Well-met said:

thats just ignorant

7 hours ago, Dextops said:

oh god not again not another why wortox isn't good convo the ptsd is coming back

I swear I will do a 24-hr stream if they add an option to disable soul hop and telepoof options temporarily from the settings menu. I want to be able to telepoof, but I want it to enable whenever I want to. Please...

4 hours ago, Omid.R.G said:

Pair Wormwood with a tamed beefalo and you will see why everyone puts him on S or A. I once beat every single none ocean boss in the first year with him (Dragonfly, Bee Queen, Klaus, Deerclops, 4 Moose families, Toadstool (could've been misery if RNG wasn't a *****), and Fuelweaver which includes shadows bosses and ancient guardian). His playstyle is truly unique and fun, and I consider it one of the best challenge characters in any game; Since the challenge is not just "You do little damage and have low stats". That's more of a tedium than challenge. Wormwood however, has a downside which forces you to adapt new strategies and also has enough perks for said strategy.

I never considered a beefalo, thanks. Also I already think Wormwood is S or A tier but it is not the tier list you think it is.

1 hour ago, TemporarySolutn said:

so being able to easily kill crab king or bee queen is really bad and useful for nothing? 

Crab King must be the most cheesable boss in the DST franchise... And Webber is nowhere close to being the fastest Beequeen killer. We could say the safest, but not the fastest.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

No that would be Wurt still he is the second fastest ththo.

nope its still maxwell wurts around as good as werebeaver on honey pretty sure

guille did a good video on wood gathering methods you have to factor picking up the logs which is wurts downfall so its better to not dig up stumps leading to less gain for even more time

Archived