Ali's Art Thread

Here’s some traditional forge doodles and a random Wendy 

F6BDC711-D6FC-45AE-A387-FF3AACFDF656.thumb.jpeg.7bdae50d7752093a0efa66eac84cf25e.jpegA931F719-3010-472D-BB81-44A284A2D8B3.thumb.jpeg.95326fe99e3c7d711915b4a00ed90f77.jpegCEDC19BE-BB0A-410B-8C27-0F1CE98714BF.thumb.jpeg.1e026a91676fec4efc5a5558da737b7d.jpegBFCBA423-5ED5-42E7-93BA-9BCAC4672112.thumb.jpeg.65ddbdd56513641cde8c59d10795d54d.jpeg

been getting into reforged and I’m absolutely in love. Probably play WX, woodie or wortox the most, although I am taking a liking to Maxwell.

I badly wish I had WX’s forge skins agaysuusuhghhh they look so good 

• Like 9
  • Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 1

for some reason while doodling I randomly thought about Wanda and Wheeler surviving together (maybe even going to hamlet together) and now I like the idea even know it probably makes no sense 

947218760_wandaandwheelerdoingthings.thumb.png.4c2a7ce2605a2febe7ef87f8e15c7ae5.png

I wanna make more "serious" doodles sometime of these two (also this isn't supposed to be shippy, just frenemies that then become good friends) 

also heres some more wheeler doodles I made in the same day

410383136_wheelerisheretoremindyouaboutyourextendercarwaranty.thumb.png.28dd3b14cea85488bd9459f5fee1cc71.png

honestly any ds/dst character can become a meme character if you try 

alsoooo heres a sneak peak/wip of my entry for the klei halloween event

image.png.6c76af84aba466a8c965ea22c076c250.png (theres more but I wanna keep it a secret until I'm done

Edited by alicoolios
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • GL Happy 1

Heres my submission for the Klei Halloween 2021 event! Had no idea what to do at first but finally decided on the classic characters, Willow and Wilson (at least I think they're classic??)

437905637_hallowednightklei2021.thumb.png.21cd414cc5445753c96754a6d8f60bc9.png

Had lots of fun with this, and very glad I was able to get it finished in time! I also tried some new things with this (like doing what I kind of do with lineless but keeping the lineart intact, new brushes, etc etc). 

Edited by alicoolios
  • Like 9
  • GL Happy 2

Last night I was on an aggie.io with some friends and I kind of started actually drawing something jdhskdj, most of this drawings is done on aggie but I did put it into clip studio paint to fix up some things 

finally figured out a guest of honor skin for wheeler (I think), and I've been obsessed with Wanda and Wheeler (idk if I ship them or not at this point, I just think they are cool together) so I drew both of them in their goh skins (Wanda's goh is probably one of my favorite skins of hers, but also my favorite skins fluctuate sometimes)

heres the drawing!

558439229_wheelerandwandagohyeys.thumb.png.41d04e07f797ee735d574e0dfb2ada65.png

• Like 8

been trying to mess around with my style, as well as practicing anatomy and other stuff (Ill probably get unmotivated with practices in like 1-2 days from now lol but at least im trying)

heres a practice willow to see what I could change with my painting/lineless style or whatever you call it

and also some pose practices after messing around/sketching some arms, legs and torsos

1867165962_willlooowowwowwwbutbetter.thumb.png.ba68d4631a3e5ebd23a946555051ede2.png

the nose is a lil odd (ok the nose is REALLY funky jhaskja), as well as some of the colors are out of the picture but it was just a practice, and I'm fine with small mess ups

168615824_posesketchesprracticesthingysidk.thumb.png.0fbe073094ea08fb5a85f2bbdc161f59.png

jiudijdhsk idk why I made them all don't starve characters, it kind of just happened 

Edited by alicoolios
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, alicoolios said:

heres a practice willow to see what I could change with my painting/lineless style or whatever you call it

Her eyes and hair are very, very, very appealing to the eyes, props there!

2 hours ago, alicoolios said:

168615824_posesketchesprracticesthingysidk.thumb.png.0fbe073094ea08fb5a85f2bbdc161f59.png

Super super cute as well!! Your Charlie rocks, as well as the leftmost Willow! ^^

• Thanks 1

trying to maybe make two new dst ocs. One I already have two downsides for, but the other I can't find any quirky kind of downside. I wanted to make it different from just Nyctophobia or scared of monsters. 

His name is Waris and hes all about music (mostly band instruments for now, unless if I think about other instruments). He'll probably start with something like a trumpet. He can write his own songs to help with certain things (sanity, healing, protection, etc). I don't have any good downsides though that'll make him unique (idek if the writing music thing is that unique but I like it so I'm gonna keep it for now unless if I get any better ideas) 

Can someone help me please lol

Edited by alicoolios
  • GL Happy 1

3 hours ago, alicoolios said:

trying to maybe make two new dst ocs. One I already have two downsides for, but the other I can't find any quirky kind of downside. I wanted to make it different from just Nyctophobia or scared of monsters. 

His name is Waris and hes all about music (mostly band instruments for now, unless if I think about other instruments). He'll probably start with something like a trumpet. He can write his own songs to help with certain things (sanity, healing, protection, etc). I don't have any good downsides though that'll make him unique (idek if the writing music thing is that unique but I like it so I'm gonna keep it for now unless if I get any better ideas) 

Can someone help me please lol

Oh goody! A game-design related topic, now I have an excuse to talk on this subforum.

A musician character, that sounds very fun! As for a downside, this might sound a little weird, but what if your character were blind as a downside? Instead of seeing the world normally like normal characters might, the player would be able to see through audio/sounds perhaps? When something makes a sound it could reveal itself and the area around it to the player for a short period, and since your character is a musician and brings instruments with them, part of their kit could be dedicated to helping them "see" the world around them with sounds using their instruments along with whatever perks and uses those instruments would have. It'd be a behemoth of a task game-design wise to get right, but I think it could be very fun to have a blind musician character that helps to reveal the world around themselves with their instruments and sounds!

I hope that helped in some way, or at least inspired you. :D

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Oh goody! A game-design related topic, now I have an excuse to talk on this subforum.

A musician character, that sounds very fun! As for a downside, this might sound a little weird, but what if your character were blind as a downside? Instead of seeing the world normally like normal characters might, the player would be able to see through audio/sounds perhaps? When something makes a sound it could reveal itself and the area around it to the player for a short period, and since your character is a musician and brings instruments with them, part of their kit could be dedicated to helping them "see" the world around them with sounds using their instruments along with whatever perks and uses those instruments would have. It'd be a behemoth of a task game-design wise to get right, but I think it could be very fun to have a blind musician character that helps to reveal the world around themselves with their instruments and sounds!

I hope that helped in some way, or at least inspired you. :D

ooo I really like that! very interesting, I definitely want to play around with that sometime, reminds me a little bit of Wagstaff, but a lot more unique than his near-sighted vision. Think I might do something like giving the instrument that helps him see some sort of cooldown so you still have to have the difficultly of being blind (not like I'll ever make a character mod of him anytime soon but its nice to have the idea of it). Might use this idea or something similar to this if that's okay, thank you so so much for the idea/inspo. helped me very much!!! 

Edited by alicoolios
  • Big Ups 1

heres some doodles I randomly whipped up (my art style is confused djdjdjd)

485723670_terraoiaiacrossoverdsydppde.thumb.png.d8a785f4a720f98b85432bea31d14f47.png

The terraria/dst crossover update is so good aaaa im very happy that it became a thing. Not that I'm very good at terraria but its starting to grow on me a little. wanted to draw the new dst bosses (fought both of them on a creative world since my Wanda world doesn't have the chest (at least I don't think so), and its reallllllyyyy fun. The twins were a bit difficult without Wolfgang though since you can only fight them at night)

warning, next doodles are very shippy (woodson/woodie x wilson)

Spoiler

1199347631_wilsonandwoodiegggegttayykindagay.thumb.png.868d4d7e726f393b536b8b207725a2ff.png'[

I was on tumblr looking at a bunch of woodson stuff from this on a blog called https://bee-n-bug.tumblr.com/ and I started remembering how much I love this ship. Also my art style is going insane again lol.

Edited by alicoolios
  • Like 7

finally finished the portaits for my new dst ocs! Here are the two ocs and a bit of info about them.

Waris

The Blurry Musician (aaa might change his title)

837161086_warisportrait.thumb.png.9bcadd8ba70a85604239fe3533ae661a.png

Stats:

Health: 110 (he’s a bit frail from the damage that escaping the portal did)

Hunger: 175

Sanity: 150

Mini Backstory (May be changed later):

After a concert, Waris started beating himself up about how bad he did because of how nervous he was while he was playing. Maxwell decided to trick Waris, telling him he could make his stage fright disappear. Waris took the deal, and ended up stuck in a shadowy portal (kind of like the one Wes accidently entered through, only Waris never really entered it until Maxwell revisited him and took him by force). He struggled to get out, and surprisingly was able to get out, just not without consequences. (yeahhhh this may get changed, idk if its good or not now that I'm reading it)

Perks/Downsides:

A skillful musician (Can craft different instruments to help him)

Can't see well

Spoiler

1396716574_warisingameseeingconcept4.thumb.png.5920899118d6f6f325ca139bfc851211.png

his vision may look a little bit like this. idk if this would be at all difficult to play with this vision, may make it either more blurry or darker (or both idk really lol). This is more of a concept of how he'll see, but this is the more finalish concept. His view will clear up where sounds are made (like talking, some mob noises, etc)

(can't think of another thing to put here lol, was thinking of something like anxious after battle where he loses more sanity after a battle, he loses more sanity the harder the battle after he defeats it)

Favorite Food:

Either Flower Salad or Waffles (can't decide yet)

Craftables (for now, until I change my mind since I'm super indecisive lol)

Seeing Violin: He can quickly play a tune to clear up his vision for half a day (maybe longer?? maybe shorter?? Also cool down of a day so you still have to endure the struggle of crappy vision)

Healing Flute: Plays a quick tune to heal for 40 health (cooldown of a minute? or less, who knows)

Protective French Horn: Plays a quick tune, and creates a bubble around Waris. 85% protection (depending on how expensive I make it, it may go up to 90%), durability = 675 hits. Plays a French horn solo while in said bubble (if I ever made a character mod of this, you could turn this option off in the settings of the mod). Cooldown of a day once the bubble in broken.

(thats all I have for now for the instruments, probably will do more I think maybe maybe aaaa)

(also, thinking he could maybe have another option with a pan flute where he could use it regenerate sanity of him and players around him instead of putting people to sleep with it (he could still put people and mobs to sleep if he changes it) 

Starts With;

Seeing Violin

and...

Warda

The Thalassophile (Thalassophile may be a bit too extra/extreme?? might change it, might keep it)

1844647818_wardaportrait.thumb.png.e1fca1122f29312118bd9f800921d6b6.png

Stats:

Health: 150

Hunger: 175

Sanity: 200 (maybe lower?? probably will stay 200 for now though)

Backstory is non-existent right now lol

Perks/Downsides:

Can control water (This is still a bit of a wip, but she'll probably have some sort of water meter that she'll have to refill (not exactly like thirst, more like for water magic, but thirst would be unique so maybe??) and some crafts)

Scared of fire (Just wildfires for now)

Hates summer (Overheats super easily, probably overheats at like 55 degrees or something) 

Favorite Food:

Fishsticks

Starts With:

A bottle of water (she'll be able to fill up the water bottle to refill her bar or something, as I said she is wayyy more of a work in progress than Waris)

clearly both of these characters are work in progresses, but I really wanted to show what progress I have for them at the moment. I'll probably update this post once I get more ideas/info about them. Feel free to tell me any ideas you have, may take your suggestion (or at least part of it if you allow me too lol)

Edited by alicoolios
  • Like 4
  • GL Happy 1

finished something woooohooo

266384674_wendyrandomoutfittehe.thumb.png.7cb01327a254d27f7b81e928874dd24d.png

was looking at random outfit memes on twitter and started drawing some survivors in it. I have two other drawings but they aren't cleaned up/colored yet sooo ill show them tomorrow or something (or if I actually finish them lol)

• Like 7

finished another one of the random clothing things (I have no idea what to call them, just survivors in random outfits I find online)

942270566_wesinhotclothing.thumb.png.0e3c6021996d8c41d4728287b4c85277.png

wesssss wooooo. would've put some kind of chair or something but I was too lazy lol, but the next one will have an actual background (the next one might actually become a finished piece depending on how I feel after I finish the sketches and coloring stuffs). Also, this probably isn't exactly how I'll draw Wes (or at least I think, haven't really drawn many characters in this newish style soo I need to do that sometime).

also I have some random doodles I did trying to get a grasp on how I wanted to draw wanda, wendy, and wheeler.

140345656_wandawendyandwheelrrdoodlepageorwhatever.thumb.png.f0a089fcb4c535ca1dbf89c2976ddd56.png

my style has been hopping all over the place (I guess I have like two of them? I have no idea at this point lol) so it was good I did this, now I have a better grasp on how to draw these three (kind of, maybe, just wait until how I draw one of these characters changes suddenly)

Edited by alicoolios
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1