On 2/3/2022 at 8:49 PM, minespatch said:

Can you repost?

Hopefully that fixed it. I didn't realize till now!

It's been a bit since I've drawn, here's a warm up.
unknown.png

Additionally, there was a mob I was developing for Uncomp called the Gatorsnake/Crococonda. It's currently scrapped but I wanted to do a realistic take on it. It's my first time doing a realistic mob/animal.
unknown.png

• Like 13
  • GL Happy 1

Here are some clothing items I'm working on. Cosplay mod's gonna be updated sometime after the Beta comes out and once the skin stuff works with all the new changes. 

I believe for the most part these items will remain cosmetic, aside from maybe a very minor armor bonus to some. Maybe some with lights in the future too?
Var_Cosplaymod.thumb.png.5ebe52af08ec4b4f2b4de32b041e9094.png

• Like 7
  • Wavey 1

On 3/8/2022 at 4:54 AM, -Variant said:

Creeping_cryptids_reveal_genuine.thumb.png.6ebf0d91527de6c065a83d2df99b904c.png

The Creeping Cryptids of the Constant! A look at some finished Cryptids I've been working on for fun in my free time!

Will this weremoose be made into a mod one day? I expect to add this one into my reskins list.

Ack! Haven't posted in a while, buried in mod projects, apologies! 
Haven't actually drawn anything non-sprite in a while now so I'm super rusty. Wanted to try something new too, over all I think I'm content with these sketches, may come and clean them up/finished them sometime.
unknown.png

• Like 6
  • Health 2

Yeah so about that last post. Didn't think I'd come back so quickly but I may have gotten carried away.
I'm gonna start calling sets of over-the-top-spikes the "Variant trademark" with how often they appear in my works.
unknown.png

• Like 4
  • Health 2

So... the day is almost at hand. Approaching Whimsy's release sometime soon, hopefully in the upcoming month.
She's been through a lot (and a lot will change) but here's some of her reworked art and designs.
Also, check out this amazing portrait done by @Notecja !!
whimsy_select.thumb.png.6c458b43b2639097782975f3818a8ea0.png
Whimsypreview.thumb.PNG.c8d0f020a96e78e18fabf756347b9b84.PNG

• Like 10
  • Health 1

Finally gotten around to making a Victorian/Gorge skin for Whimsy. Honestly just an excuse to give her really poofy curly hair. Also apparently trying to offer a live Beefalo/Crab/Bird hybrid to the Gnaw is looked down upon in the culinary department. 
whimsy_victorian_skinconcept.thumb.png.8333b6327f0f8a9c54057edcbdca6635.png

EDIT: Since it's been a while I figured I oughta compile all the concepts together. Though I'm curious what set I oughta try next.
Whimsy_skins_concepts_gorge.thumb.png.27f5e8cb1258673806028116882d0665.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 10
  • GL Happy 1

Big, big, big news!! 
Whimsy is coming along swell... no ETA but hopefully soon, soon...

Hornet's new skin API that he totally worked on all by himself is finally out which means... SKINS! 
Those skin concepts I drew can be made, and speaking of which... 

That Victorian skin I concepted a bit back is in!
unknown.png
whimsyprison4.PNG

No ETA on any of the other skins but I can promise this one will come with her release.
Her Gorget/collar also recieve matching skins as well!

Oh, and if that wasn't exciting, I've also got a line of custom clothing sets I'm working on too!
For example... this awesome beach set!
dress3-min.thumb.PNG.f14d77e642aa8f55795986c830116878.PNG
pants-min.thumb.PNG.d869a213c783bd443ec27b42c676ded4.PNG

Unlike Whimsy this set is gonna come out much sooner, I'll update this post with the link when it does! Expect it soon this week!
I can't express how excited I am...!

Beach Outfits is OUT!!
A small collection of beach/summer themed skins to use! 
There's a set of cute beach dresses and floral shirts out with more planned, get it here!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2813198513

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 9
  • Health 2
  • GL Happy 1

New and final (for now) update to the Beach Skins adds in a Cyan Floral Shirt, a red set of cuffs, a new dress! And the ever infamous Tentacle Spot Bikini. Here are all the base costumes (non color alts) that I've made for the mod. I plan on doing more sometime in the future- up next is most likely a medieval set...

var_beachepisode.PNG.7b12bdbfcad96e7c368af758f6caef52.PNG

• Like 9
  • Health 1