On 9/30/2021 at 12:29 PM, minespatch said:

If Wurt and Wendy wore similar outfits, they could be a Baby Metal band. 

THATD BE ADORABLEEeeee 
I think the over the top spike outfit is absolutely my favorite of the outfits I've drawn. I totally want to draw more of it in the future.

One of my friends mentioned the wrestling skins WX, Winona, Webber, and Wolfgang had. I think something punk-y/spikey would be sorta filling for Willow's if she were to get one. Might do a concept of that.

I've been drawing nothing but DST sprites I went to practice normal anatomy today and I got DEMOLISHED.
unknown.png
I've certainly got to get back to normal drawings sometime.

Back on the modding side of things, I've been giving Whimsy some love in the detail department.
Her collar and items are shadows, which I think I've mentioned?
I showed off the spider multitool recently. I gave it a unique crafting string! Not many items actually do this so I feel it'd be unique and rather grim.
unknown.png
I've been looking into a matching animation but sadly animations aren't easy to make for DS, and looking for an existing one is just as hard.

Impale.thumb.gif.cc2899149c02225142e230e186bc2676.gif
This seems to be the closest to what I'm looking for but even then I'm unsure if it'll appear in the final. 

• Like 5

On 10/2/2021 at 7:00 PM, minespatch said:

Willow looks on edge. Is that a reference to her Hallowed Nights skin?

Sorta, was basing it off the one pic of Willow holding Lucy but I think the Hallowed Nights skin is more closer.

Been messing with all sorts of animations for Whimsy. She's got a custom craft animation. I also did a unique bonesaw too. I can't recall if I posted this earlier or not.
Giantgemomega.thumb.gif.0d2f55150c8bfa32d7fa5f6547a7870f.gifHappysummonweeweewoowwoo.thumb.gif.c1cc836066a0e04a110e287c7a54e3f4.gifSpiderbirth.thumb.gif.d60c5ad118caffc4e09fcb1d5cbe5714.gif

Also working on a new weapon for her. It's a support type weapon, its a whip that freezes mobs nigh instantly. Doesn't do a lot of damage but it'll buy you all the time you could need. It's unfinished and currently using placeholder art though!
unknown.pngpleasewhipmenext.thumb.gif.90dc2055a9d9174adcc19a2d00b40f3c.gifunknown.png

I also took some time today to redraw her collar.
unknown.pngcollarshake.gif.2d30cdd485734e020f56756f20bbaeca.gif
The old one wasn't large enough ingame, and didn't have quite the ompf I was looking for. I like how the new one came out.

EDIT: Forgot some unused idles. I won't use them so I'll put them in a spoiler.

Spoiler

facerub.thumb.gif.5938f6dee086e776e4059956a4dae66c.gifswishyhair.thumb.gif.abbe0751381113a21a216806500bf42c.gif

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 7
  • GL Happy 2

On 9/30/2021 at 1:22 PM, -Variant said:

I have officially created the punk-est, spikiest, Willow out there. She can and fully intends to impale you! Hug her if you dare!
Var_Willow_HyperEdgySpikeMode.png.6f709697623bed179016057ee5bde8ea.png

Also I couldn't decide... oops. Buncha other colors I wanted to play with.
unknown.png

aaa I love these so much!!!!!!! shes so punky and stuff and I just love how you drew her!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

Does it mean that if she's wearing the necklace then her head will flicker shadows?

It was more of a ground effect when it's dropped, but maybe I can make it flicker shadows when she's wearing it!
I'll have to see how feasible it is. I could never say no to more shadow-y effects.

1 hour ago, alicoolios said:

aaa I love these so much!!!!!!! shes so punky and stuff and I just love how you drew her!

Thank you!! I still think that's my favorite of the Willows I've drawn. I'm so happy its been well received everywhere, I'm super tempted to try a "draw this in your own style" thingy cause I think that'd be a lot of fun.

• Like 2

Bam, new skin concepts! Or just, concept for now.
Concept art for Whimsy's Gladiator skin! Did an additional skin for the upcoming Hallowed Forge event but since that's not out it's awesome silhouette time. I'll post it once the events done cause spoilers and whatnot but I also just wanted an excuse to make a silhouette. 
Whimsy_skins_concept_HallowedForge.thumb.png.a212699bfedb7cdd32544a23824c2465.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 4

Whimsy has a new craft! The Crystal brain!
By focusing her mind, she can forge her thoughts into a solid state.
Simply put, she can make capsules that hold sanity in them, they cost 40 sanity each, however, once broken will return the 40 sanity.
Meaning you can store sanity for later when farming for fuel or in a survival sense. She can also gift these crystals to friends to give them the 40 sanity, should they need it!
dashasmashmashFINAL.thumb.gif.6f89704ee1062355e71d215095105900.gif2027362982_brainrockytime.thumb.gif.ef251b1fb8c6dfddd16d5cd8dc65aaf8.gif

I also wanted to see how easy it'd be to make skins for the collar so I did a little test and made this Wagstaff styled one. I'll probably keep it, I think it came out nice.
whappy.thumb.PNG.92f7106ddc645d4475d0582583bc61e9.PNG

• Like 5

Slow week so far, here's some Willows I was doodling.
Willow has decided that your expiration date is past due.
970523258_YoureNext.thumb.png.7463c1a13f8576c842c16847f1bb9e74.png

Also another attempt at me figuring out a style. I may continue this!

unknown.png
And one more cause I was bored, a Wanda inspired heel cause my friend asked me if I was gonna continue my DST inspired heels!
unknown.png

• Like 6

Slow weekend! Sketch day!
Here's 2 sketches I did within the same week that just go to show how horribly inconsistent I am. I also want to play around with adding a corset to my personas attire.
unknown.png

Aaaannnnnndddd some more Willow sketches because I never draw anyone else! I bet you didn't expect that from me. 
Bottom one's a sketch for what's hopefully gonna end up as an entry for the Inktober (Hallowed Ink) event the DS Discord is doing!
unknown.png
unknown.png

• Like 6

Recent progress shots from my Hallowed ink submission.
Decided my stylization wasn't doing it and went for something more in-game looking.
unknown.png

Here's the original sketch on how I wanted everything layered...
unknown.png

And here's where I'm currently at! I think I want to do a continuation for the Moon prompt using my Moonblind skin concept. 
unknown.png

• Like 7

Straightjackets are like, so in this season.
I'm finally finished! The first of two of my Hallowed ink submissions, this one for the prompt: insanity!
Var_Willow_Asylum_Shadowhalf_finished.thumb.png.6a436dbaca5e1afa21589e04bcd750b4.png

Part 2 will be a theme swap, featuring my Moonblind Willow skin concept!
Speaking of which... my friend Khoo did an absolutely gorgeous piece featuring my skin recently too!
variant_good.thumb.png.de0c36116e6bc26ecc6ae81a0d5f3d08.png
I'm hoping I can get more people to draw her in their styles because honestly I absolutely loved this and I love sharing her around.

• Like 10

Moonblind Willow! I cannot get over this design I'm just too proud of it, drawing glass hair is just the coolest thing ever!
Someone had suggested that she have phantom gestalt arms since her real ones are tied, I also included a Gestalt piloted Moonrock Bernie into the mix too!
Var_moonblind_willow.thumb.png.f9d48672d0b67492f3bc7c09b464dd1f.png

I also can show off a concept for Whimsy's Hallowed Forge skin now that it's finally out!
Var_whimsy_skin_concept_hallowedforge.thumb.png.27b97c1f96a979b1497e4f5aafb024d8.png

• Like 9
  • GL Happy 1

FINALLY done! For the Hallowed ink submission: Moon! I will never ever get tired of glass hairrrr
The second half of the Insanity prompt which is above. I'm gonna take a break from these elaborate pieces now hehe.
Var_Willow_Asylum_Moonhalf_finished.thumb.png.012d59f32ccb0fb04653f808d659a15d.png
Had fun joining in on Hallowed Ink(Inktober) for the first time this year. Makes up for being unable to actually go out for the holiday down here.
Had a lot of fun with all the drawing and modding especially for the modding contest and art events from Klei. Very fun times!

• Like 7
  • GL Happy 1