Figured I'd try some new stuff, my friend Khoo provided the background and also was the one who got 80s Willow stuck in my head.
So here! 80s Willow sketch, and a Willow wanted poster. Went for something a bit more gritty, I can't imagine how many times she's been arrested ahaha
unknown.pngunknown.png

• Like 8
  • Health 1

ooo I really like the 80s willow, she definitely has so many possibilities when it comes to 80s fashion, and I loved the stuff you used to pull it off, like the fire patterns and the belts, really nice! also wonder if she got mostly arrested for arson or did something else have a part in it lol 

• Health 1

On 12/7/2021 at 10:17 PM, alicoolios said:

ooo I really like the 80s willow, she definitely has so many possibilities when it comes to 80s fashion, and I loved the stuff you used to pull it off, like the fire patterns and the belts, really nice! also wonder if she got mostly arrested for arson or did something else have a part in it lol 

Heheh, thank you!! The fire patterns are a must have! I feel like studded belts are also something she'd wear.
Oh yeah, arson absolutely. I'm sure there's probably a buncha other reasons like theft too, possibly.
image.thumb.png.a4d8937ff308f1c5d76c67e27f1a4b3f.png
image.thumb.png.7a68aaa7766713cdebd6b8491f94cf1c.pngimage.thumb.png.02dc5bddc035c97add8d7602fd20b6de.png

Speaking of... here's the final thing, the BG is by my friend Khoo, they've gone and made a pretty nifty poster of her! 
Var_Willow_wanted.thumb.png.f17b68bd25c37f1daa84e5e1d3020737.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Ended up getting covid indirectly real bad. Haven't been able to do much of anything lately.
Here's the latest progress I had on my last sketch before getting sick.

And then here's my first covid sketch. Wanted to do more but my body decided it has other plans.
unknown.png

• Like 5
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

On 1/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, alicoolios said:

really love the sketches, they look really clean! and gosh, hope you feel well soon, keep hydrated and fed.

Thank you!! I've been doing so much better lately!

It's been a bit since I've posted, I've been doing much better and managed to finish up my previous sketch. 
I'll leave some of the sketches I've saved in a spoiler under it.
Var_willow_cutesy_final.thumb.png.d50ca466e493f180a849abb0fd2cf2ca.pngVar_willow_cutesy_closup.thumb.png.409a7920546a1b64c98436de58c85e27.png

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Additionally I don't think I posted this here, but @orangedudeTV had a raffle I had entered in and won a while back, and this was the resulting image! I'm still absolutely in love it it!!
rqstWillow.png

• Like 8
  • Big Ups 2

glad your doing better! also GOSH I love how you draw willow with more unique kinds of clothing. like the addition of the hair ties and corset (I think) look really nice and its really distinctive, as well as how the boots are different from how most people draw them. Even the most simpler things like the cuffs on her sleeves make her look all the more special! Nice art!

• Spool 1

7 hours ago, alicoolios said:

glad your doing better! also GOSH I love how you draw willow with more unique kinds of clothing. like the addition of the hair ties and corset (I think) look really nice and its really distinctive, as well as how the boots are different from how most people draw them. Even the most simpler things like the cuffs on her sleeves make her look all the more special! Nice art!

Goodness I cannot thank you enough for the kind words!! You're gonna flatter me to death- Also yes, thank you! I've been feeling a lot better lately.
Thank you-I really wanted to try and stylize her a bit more this time around and give her some of my own personal flare. I've been real big on corsets and fancy cuffs and all that whatnot, I think it adds some fun "fancy" contrast to an otherwise chaotic personality!
Real glad you enjoy it, I certainly want to try and experiment more.

• GL Happy 1

Hello! I present work in progress sketches!
Recently got the urge to draw another scene from the Curses!AU I had mentioned in a previous post. Currently working on a sketch of the first scene/opening which gives me an excuse to practice rips and tears and and playing with styles. Unfortunately though Willows' seen better days.
unknown.png

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

• Like 4
  • Health 2

More progress! Colors and lineart clean up. Toying with coloring to see what I want to do before I finish it up. 
Afraid to do the brickwork of the cell though aha, BGs aren't my strong suite so we'll see how that goes soon.
image.thumb.png.6288b753e127a534e64534c821587127.png

• Like 4
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 1

Been wanting to draw the opening scene of the Curses Fic! Finally finished! My first time doing proper painting/shading too, not perfect but I certainly learned a lot. Don't worry, she's tough. She'll make it.
Var_willow_curses_dungeon_closeup.thumb.png.567f33935bab944a82bc0aaa0606d177.png

And then here's the full rendered cell. I liked the close up more, I need to work on perspective some more in the future.

Spoiler

Var_willow_curses_dungeon.thumb.png.e3c99340edd4971bb4428973a3719431.png

• Like 4
  • Wavey 3

On 1/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, -Variant said:

Okay-okay one more.

Year of the... "cat"! 
A joke some friends and I had made on Discord come true because I have too much power.
WhereisyourGodnowmortal.thumb.png.e70d70fd867d963c296a524082414c79.png
Took the collar design from the concept art too!
image.thumb.png.f435e8c8fbfcfda03914bc9c45f32bef.png

This ended up being insanely well received on Discord and my other medias, so sure enough I decided to release it. I'm open to hearing suggestions on what else I could add.
Get it here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2737618310

Additionally I ended up liking the sketch I had posted and colored it.
unknown.png

• Like 5

Some folks may know that I designed a mob called the Aphid for Uncomp.
I did a joke "critter" version of it today named Figgy. I just figured I'd show it off real quick since it came out cuter than I had expected.
unknown.png
SPOOK.gif.f2bab4e6d39604db877c71616777fe87.giffiggylovesyou.gif.1f31e0d611fc098c5e5d2a300362c391.gifdance.gif.2b8321238ee9a1400659714a74bbe7e0.gif

OH! ALSO! 

Off topic but I've started a movement.
My friend Ninten_Draw#4319 did this lovely commission here!:
Ninten_Willowcoon.thumb.png.441816fd326c56d5f8588835ae608a56.png

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 6
  • GL Happy 1