Webber changes and some potentially unnoticed potential

17 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Spider + Spiderhat = ???

image.png.f600954de06eaf6622c4150558e43bf8.png

Brace yourself. The Constant is going to implode on Thursday.

I guess each spider with a spider hat will befriend spiders like how it works with the player so you will have followers with followers that can have more followers with their own followers djsowmroqownrnr9w92

On 6/18/2021 at 8:33 PM, Copyafriend said:

switcher doodles

Don't want to be rude but turning regular spiders into cave spiders, lunar spiders etc. sounds really stupid. It's not making sense, and it's kinda make regular spiders really useless.

I hope they are talking about new spider mutations, with every one of them have unique cons and pons.

23 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Don't want to be rude but turning regular spiders into cave spiders, lunar spiders etc. sounds really stupid. It's not making sense, and it's kinda make regular spiders really useless.

I hope they are talking about new spider mutations, with every one of them have unique cons and pons.

Idk why (actually yes, because is cheaper) didnt make weeber able to build a nest for every kind of spider instead of throwing coherence to the rubbish by mutations (unless is what you said about new spider types)

Im curious about how spider queens will be affected with the new spider. Will be less chances of getting spider warriors making her easier or regular spiders making her more difficult?

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Idk why (actually yes, because is cheaper) didnt make weeber able to build a nest for every kind of spider instead of throwing coherence to the rubbish by mutations (unless is what you said about new spider types)

Im curious about how spider queens will be affected with the new spider. Will be less chances of getting spider warriors making her easier or regular spiders making her more difficult?

Well no, i doubt it’s about cost its about the other players. Imagine if a webber surrounded spawn with cave spiders, even if you’re invincible for a bit spitters can still get you for a good distance, or even if its not at spawn even if its some corner he put them in, if he doesn’t chose to use decorated dens there’s nothing stopping him from sealing off an area with self replenishing spiders, plus it keeps him from being a switch character, spider hats do exist so anyone with a few dens and some spitter dens can cosplay as webber to start the fight, the rest will happen naturally bc spiders protect each other

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

Regular spiders are still your bread and butter, i’m sure most armys will ne mostly normals and a few mutated ones for extra power

and i hope not, i want the variants as they exist, they already have pros and cons, regular ones are ubiquitous but weak, warrior spiders are much less common and tougher, spitters have range but less attack speed, shattered spiders have extra damage and a pseudo aoe/ranged attack but lower health and likely expensive, cave spiders could be the toughest spider but only when guarding, they do have ups and downsides unique to them, its a matter of choosing a balanced group

On 6/18/2021 at 1:40 PM, sudoku said:

I dont think the whistle will tend crops. I imagine it will work like a beefalo bell in that regard

You'd think so but instruments all seem to have the side effect of tending crops in addition to their actual effect, even Gnarwail Horns and Strident Tridents can tend nearby crops if you have water to target on screen

I think it would be awesome for the webber to have some interactions with the spiders and for them to respond like a "good afternoon" or when he passes by to hear the spiders commenting on something like "those pigs are disturbing the nest again" or " hey look what i learned with web" something simple but i think it would be an interesting detail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eu acho que seria incrível o webber ter algumas interações com as aranhas e que elas respondessem como comprimentar com um "boa tarde" ou então quando ele passar perto ouvir as aranhas comentando sobre algo como "aqueles porcos estão pertubando o ninho de novo" ou "ei olha o que eu aprendi com teia" algo simples mas acho que seria um detalhe interessante 

On 6/18/2021 at 7:33 PM, Copyafriend said:

Webby whistle - possibly able to tend to crops

I have a friend who loves doing farming stuff, oh boy, if this is gonna be true, i can only imagine the abusement on that whistle...

I have made many many many places to kill dfly, beequeen, moosegoose, and ancient guardian with spiders. But soon I will be able to kill bearger and deerclops with the help of spiders. (Without the help of spider queens of course)

3 hours ago, CaRat said:

I have made many many many places to kill dfly, beequeen, moosegoose, and ancient guardian with spiders. But soon I will be able to kill bearger and deerclops with the help of spiders. (Without the help of spider queens of course)

I think the spiders won't stand a chance against Deerclops, Bearger and Ancient Guardian.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:30 PM, Owlrus said:

That is assuming that a spider queen doesn't leave behind a normal tier 1 den when she spawns, which would mean you would need to either destroy the den and re-decorate them (which only Webber can decorate) or shave the den down a couple stages before a queen spawns (also something only Webber can do).

Unpopular opinion, but I personally am in favor of the above outcome. I like the idea that you can't just simply get cool decorated dens and bail on Webber for any other character, you actually have to put care and dedication into tending the spiders and dens. Plus I'd really hate to see another awesome character be used as a swap character for their perks.

My only grip with this is even if it queens couldn't spawn from decorated dens how would that make Webber pick and swap? Spiders are a very very low level of threat to people who use basic caution so I don't see people going out of their way to character swap to Webber for something so small. Most casual players don't know how to character swap or don't care to and min max people already know how to handle spiders.

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I see. Still, AG deals like 200 damage, so you'd end up with a whole lot of dead spiders.

True but if you have alot of dens you'll have a ton of extra dps that'll keep joining in the fight

It would be cool if Webber could have a beefalo horn type kind of thing that immediately orders spiders to go to their dens or fall asleep to avoid loot being eaten. Guess it's a bit late to suggest that kind of thing :lol:.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:56 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

It's more so to prevent things like people setting up a bunch of spitter or moon dens on the surface the mutation thing over dens was actually something I brought up awhile back when talking about the webber refresh this is the safest player option to prevent griefing.

On 6/21/2021 at 10:29 AM, Slagger said:

While it makes them the least useful we don't know how much the recipe will cost and their also the cheapest and the largest attack force numbers wise so it's not like people will suddenly never use normal spiders.

9 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I think the spiders won't stand a chance against Deerclops, Bearger and Ancient Guardian.

Well ya see the spiders that come from the maze do a real good job on their own but with tons of nests surrounding the ancient guardians home it makes pretty good damage and will kill it given enough spiders

Just adding that now Webber can easily turn meat into sanity. Befriending a spider gives you quite a bit considering his max sanity, and after hound attacks you'll have plenty of monster meat to spare.

Just now, BezKa said:

Just adding that now Webber can easily turn meat into sanity. Befriending a spider gives you quite a bit considering his max sanity, and after hound attacks you'll have plenty of monster meat to spare.

I'm pretty sure befriending a spider only gives you sanity when you unlock a new switcherdoodle recipe

Archived