Is there a mod that allows for burning Dangling Depth Dweller webs like in solo DS?

I really enjoyed tidying up my ruins :( I tried to find a solution to this in DST but I came up empty. Is it perhaps a function of some mod that's got a non-obvious name? Anything anywhere? :(

Also, how do I get new vignettes? Mine are both winter-themed and that doesn't fit with summer at all :D

1 minute ago, JazzyGames said:

You could also try c_removeall("dropperweb")

That's way too cheesy :D I liked it being a cleaning project, with a big of fighting, a bit of struggle, and a reward in form of clean hallways hah.

So...it looks like dropperweb.lua in the singleplayer files has the "health" component added. This is probably what made them burnable. Not the fact that they are flammable, but that they have health that can be reduced with fire damage. So modding it in might be as simple as just assigning it a health value. Not a modder, unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, JazzyGames said:

So...it looks like dropperweb.lua in the singleplayer files has the "health" component added. This is probably what made them burnable. Not the fact that they are flammable, but that they have health that can be reduced with fire damage. So modding it in might be as simple as just assigning it a health value. Not a modder, unfortunately.

probably easier just to add the burnable tag and see if it burns correctly

@Ellilea

Depth-Dwellers-Be-Gone.zip

2123522178_GIF6-14-20213-54-46PM.thumb.gif.1c013047e707481bd4d34f726b3f384e.gif

It's not exactly what you asked for, but I thought -Variant's idea was much more thematically appropriate, I hope this is useful to you.

(If you don't know how to use the mod, download it, paste it into this directory which should be your mods folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods", and then extract the file and it should appear in your mods list in-game)

Dangling depth dweller webs have the "health" component, and do actually have a max health of 100 (it's the default max health).

Funnily enough, there is no way to actually damage them, nor decrease their health in any way, in vanilla DST because they lack the "combat" component.

I used a console command to spawn in every prefab in the entire game and check if it has a "health" component but not a "combat" component. These webs were the only ones.

Even things like explosives and weather pains can only damage entities with both the "health" AND "combat" components.

I find this very strange.

Spoiler

Well this is a bit chaotic

781368681_ScreenShot2021-06-14at5_37_45PM.thumb.png.aaf1555652fb0e21f10b1163f77c3acb.png

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

@Ellilea

Depth-Dwellers-Be-Gone.zip

2123522178_GIF6-14-20213-54-46PM.thumb.gif.1c013047e707481bd4d34f726b3f384e.gif

It's not exactly what you asked for, but I thought -Variant's idea was much more thematically appropriate, I hope this is useful to you.

(If you don't know how to use the mod, download it, paste it into this directory which should be your mods folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\mods", and then extract the file and it should appear in your mods list in-game)

Incredible. Now I want this IRL too.

Archived