Wilson a disciple of Wagstaff?

I am dismayed: we are talking about Wilson who, from canonical lore, has come to the throne and saved Maxwell, overcoming five realms of growing horror and madness, fraught with monsters, deadly traps and with absurd and adverse climatic conditions. But an idiot could certainly have done this; without problems. Here we are becoming too formal about a 2013 declaration by Klei and not realizing that the game has slightly "moved on" from the time as a background and canon. But ok. :D

Furthermore, canonically speaking, it is always Wilson, albeit still, with the collaboration of Maxwell, who built the first prototype of an intra-dimensional portal between the sub-dimensions of the Constant, allowing the survivors to meet and, meta-narratively, giving life to DST. But we also ignore this fact because Wilson is "a clown who plays at mixing potions lol."

Edit: 

Curio Cabinet Bio

At heart Wilson is truly a man of science. It's not in his nature to resist the call of the unknown.

3 minutes ago, Dextops said:

weird thing is that wilson is a chemist or seems to be one yet had the capabilities of understanding tf maxwell was telling him to do so hm weird

If that is why in the Gorge he is clearly dressed like a doctor; in one of his quotes he declares that he knows how to do amputations (again, you have to be a surgeon to know how to do it without bleeding the patient to death) and in the Forge he is the one who most of all is able to cure lifeless people on the ground. It would appear that Klei had the idea of a doctor in mind for him, which would be fine for a man of science, but, as yet, he does not seem to have any connection with chemistry, engineering or the occult sciences.

Just now, Pop Guy said:

as yet, he does not seem to have any connection with chemistry, engineering or the occult sciences.

kinda basing this off his trailer when he is first pulled into the constant we see him doing something with liquids so ooga booga brain defaults to chemistry and even if is a doctor how tf was he still able to comprehend what maxwell was saying

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

kinda basing this off his trailer when he is first pulled into the constant we see him doing something with liquids so ooga booga brain defaults to chemistry and even if is a doctor how tf was he still able to comprehend what maxwell was saying

In fact, I think that Wilson's reworking should make him capable of creating new medicines for himself and his companions; a niche role that does not upset the character (clearly created to be as basic as possible) but which would be extraordinarily consistent with his character function to introduce the game and, thanks to its advantages, to give a 360 degree hand to new players. Clearly, just an idea.

To be honest I think it'd be hilarious if kiel gave him some magical abilities or structures during his refresh that are science like but clearly magical all with quotes of Wilson clearly trying to deny it being magic and instead the results of his scientific genius finally paying off with most of the other characters playing along to not hurt his ego.

To summarize I think it'd be funny to give him a dynamic of being not so good at science but a unintentionally very skilled at magic.

On 6/5/2021 at 7:48 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Why people always say that wilson is dumb? Science is about trial and error (like the game), he wanted to discover new knowledge with his experiments (experiments that needs certain amount of knowledge). Isnt like Newton wake up with the gravity formulas lel

Who is more stupid, the smart guy who fails or the guys that doesnt understand why he fails?

I mean he knows just as much science as Webber and Wendy, the youngest characters in the game. Hell, even Wormwood knows just as much science as Wilson before he got into DST, despite being waaay less younger than most characters. Wicker knows more about science despite the fact that its not her primary expertise, unlike Wilson.

So either everyone is secretly an scientist or Wilson just sucks really hard at his job. And considering how he's the only character that had his science experiment blown up in his face, well...

2 hours ago, Superlucas1231 said:

I mean he knows just as much science as Webber and Wendy, the youngest characters in the game. Hell, even Wormwood knows just as much science as Wilson before he got into DST, despite being waaay less younger than most characters. Wicker knows more about science despite the fact that its not her primary expertise, unlike Wilson.

So either everyone is secretly an scientist or Wilson just sucks really hard at his job. And considering how he's the only character that had his science experiment blown up in his face, well...

? Is a game mechanic. Wilson is who create most of the items in the game. We have a science machine and the default character is a man of science, link the spots

Also was already said in this topic

On 6/5/2021 at 9:45 PM, Pop Guy said:

Woodie is just questions: how come at some point he started turning into a goose and a moose? Was the curse different before? Do curses change over time? Do curses evolve like pokemon? : 'D

On 6/5/2021 at 9:47 PM, minespatch said:

I made a thread asking for a comic on the origin of those idols but it went downhill

I found some hints while researching Woodie a few weeks back:

"As the power of the moon has grown, so too have the effects of Woodie's curse. Woodie soon found that his form would shift into not only the Werebeaver, but a Weremoose and Weregoose as well. As his changing forms became more unpredictable, Woodie resolved to find a way to have more control over his curse. Using every bit of knowledge he'd gained from his time in the Constant (and some additional tips from Ms. Wickerbottom) he soon discovered that his transformations could in fact be controlled. By fashioning representations of each of the three beasts and consuming them only when he wanted to invoke that form, Woodie now feels more comfortable in his own skin than he has in quite a while." - Tree's a Crowd description (found it in the game files)

So in short: Woodie made the idols himself (with Wickerbottom's help). 

Regarding the threads question:
I love the idea!
I don't have much too add to the discussion though. Wilson doesn't recognize Wagstaff's tools, but I don't think we can pull any information out of that

On 6/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, Pop Guy said:

how come at some point he started turning into a goose and a moose? Was the curse different before? Do curses change over time? Do curses evolve like pokemon? : 'D

From Woodies Compendium:

As the power of the moon has grown, so too have the effects of Woodie's curse. Woodie soon found that his form would shift into not only the Werebeaver, but a Weremoose and Weregoose as well.

Archived