QoL 2 Wants

After the Webber rework, it's likely we'll be receiving the 2nd quality of life update. What are some things that absolutely need to be added? For me, a way to permanently get rid of a Moose/Goose nest spawn. I constantly have fantastic locales for bases but I find them often soiled by a nearby Moose/Goose. Also, a way to plug sinkholes or at least make a Bat Bat zapper/repellent to keep them from coming out of sinkholes.

Being able to craft multiple items at once would be nice.
A better AI and some kind of UI for the followers would be nice too. As a Wurt player, it would be nice to see how many merms are following me, how long they will follow, etc.
Being able to give multiple items to npcs would be nice too. Feeding the Merm King all the time is so boring because I have to feed one item, wait, feed another, wait, etc. Giving him a bigger belly would be nice too. Also being able to give stacks of items to the Pig King would help a lot.
As you said, closing the sinkholes would be very nice. Bats are annoying, and I know you can just put bunnies there, but I would rather just close the sinkhole.
A better way to find stuff in chests without mods would be cool too.

1 hour ago, AmigoInsonia said:

Being able to craft multiple items at once would be nice.
A better AI and some kind of UI for the followers would be nice too. As a Wurt player, it would be nice to see how many merms are following me, how long they will follow, etc.
Being able to give multiple items to npcs would be nice too. Feeding the Merm King all the time is so boring because I have to feed one item, wait, feed another, wait, etc. Giving him a bigger belly would be nice too. Also being able to give stacks of items to the Pig King would help a lot.
As you said, closing the sinkholes would be very nice. Bats are annoying, and I know you can just put bunnies there, but I would rather just close the sinkhole.
A better way to find stuff in chests without mods would be cool too.

I agree with all of this, a follower UI overhaul would be welcomed. Mass producing items is a change I too would like to see, and the same goes for food. Maybe a big oven (Gorge, Winters Feast) that allows for you to craft crockpot dishes in batches! It is needed especially after the Farming rework, a 40 stack of dragonfruit takes extremely long to cook into pies...

Perhaps not strictly QOL but a way to filter sea water to get salt (perhaps using Malbatross' gob) would be awesome.

Couple attacking priority changes would be nice too, neutral Treeguards seem to have hostile priority which is a minor annoyance.

Woodie really needs something to help with the moon event. Perhaps I'm missing something but the only way to do damn near anything without transforming seems to involve exploits. 

Random modes for world generation, with random initial settings, and a mode where resources that can be changed mid game are randomised each season.

Bee stingers and rot really clog up a lot of worlds so if they could decay or something that would be really helpful. 

On 5/23/2021 at 4:16 PM, W0l0l0 said:

Some things I came up with:

Mobs being able to retarget and hit players that they're not even facing. 

Speeding up the animation to activate a crock pot so it's comparable to opening and pressing the "cook" button.

Being able to use Magiluminecence as goose?

The stupid pillars blocking the view in the Atrium.

Make Slurtle mounds able to regenerate health over time.

Remove small peninsulas in the caves that contain absolutely nothing of use. 

Allow Bernie to be shrunk on command. 

I get it, Winona gets hungry when working, she doesn't need to constantly tell us. 

Make boats, anchored or otherwise, come to a halt eventually.

Fixing that murm getting home issue I've heard so much about.

Structures requiring chronological order of placement for some reason for optimal compactness.

Some level of control over Maxwell's shadows.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

get rid of a Moose/Goose nest spawn

Why don't you just kill moose? She doesn't destroy structures and only has a chance of spawning there once every 9 & a half hours.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Also, a way to plug sinkholes or at least make a Bat Bat zapper/repellent to keep them from coming out of sinkholes.

Use animals that fight the batilisks like bunnymen.

6 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why don't you just kill moose? She doesn't destroy structures and only spawns at best once every 9 & a half hours.

Destroys any walls within a radius of almost a screen from the nest and attacks all living things nearby. Some bases keep neutral animals nearby or, for example, lureplant as part of a summer fire-fighting system or for food. And all of this gets hit, not to mention the chicks that eat everything around. This is not a very big problem, but if you don't calculate the distance to the nest, then it really starts to annoy.

My nest is surrounded by ant-lion rocks, though, and that's enough protection against them. They're all just locked inside and don't bother me anymore.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Why don't you just kill moose? She doesn't destroy structures and only has a chance of spawning there once every 9 & a half hours.

Use animals that fight the batilisks like bunnymen.

No and no that's ugly. 

Also: display cases/pedestals to put items on and PLEASE disable the hat degradation on mobs (pigs, bunnymen, merms etc.) Flower crowns, top hats, feather hats, straw hats etc. I have so many top hat skins and it's horrendous how they degrade when on mobs, give us this so we can actually use them as a decorative piece on our bases and not a short-term fancy resource sink. #JusticeForMobFashion

Klei.. I want a very simple request- something that will make me mega happy..

I want to be able to place structures/items onto tiled soil created by the Garden-Rig-A-Majig..

BECAUSE... I want to be able to create my own hand made Graveyards complete with Wendy’s Sisturn.. and now also the newly added Cawnival Mini-Trees 

3248915A-53E3-4B03-99B1-E32FACDC3C57.thumb.png.11f15cfa3b4c91020eb236dbf63d5c5a.png

This is my 1 tile sized graveyard, and if you would just allow me to place items where I want to place them... I can make it appropriately spooky.

Why won’t you let me have this Klei?! :wilson_cry: I am a WENDY Main.. Wendy takes casual strolls through Graveyards like it’s an Amusement park.. This picture is now outdated... because with the Cawnival stuff this set piece is actually Dead-Center of my actual Amusement park.. 

And by the way yes.. the Ticket Booth doubles up as a spooky Gypsy fortune telling machine 

#Advocate for all things Spooky.

52 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klei.. I want a very simple request- something that will make me mega happy..

I want to be able to place structures/items onto tiled soil created by the Garden-Rig-A-Majig..

BECAUSE... I want to be able to create my own hand made Graveyards complete with Wendy’s Sisturn.. and now also the newly added Cawnival Mini-Trees 

3248915A-53E3-4B03-99B1-E32FACDC3C57.thumb.png.11f15cfa3b4c91020eb236dbf63d5c5a.png

This is my 1 tile sized graveyard, and if you would just allow me to place items where I want to place them... I can make it appropriately spooky.

Why won’t you let me have this Klei?! :wilson_cry: I am a WENDY Main.. Wendy takes casual strolls through Graveyards like it’s an Amusement park.. This picture is now outdated... because with the Cawnival stuff this set piece is actually Dead-Center of my actual Amusement park.. 

And by the way yes.. the Ticket Booth doubles up as a spooky Gypsy fortune telling machine 

#Advocate for all things Spooky.

Can't you build it first then put the garden rigamajig? I am not sure but I hope it helps

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

As i told you when you shared thar problem, you can place structures on soil but you cant place the sistrum because you build the walls 1st instead of the sistrum and later the walls

To build you need to follow this (helpful when making a base boat): big structures (alchemist engine, cookpot, etc)->small structures (fridge, salt box, chests, etc)-> walls and fences->pot ferns and small relics

Making the square of walls made you unable to place the sistrum because of the collision that have the sistrum 

I just want Abigail to stop attacking and killing the friendly fruit fly D': i know she hates bugs with a furious passion, but the base has become a no abby zone.

(Oh also being able to change the position of the ancient chairs and being able to put/display items on the tables. All for funsies)

33 minutes ago, Booieann said:

I just want Abigail to stop attacking and killing the friendly fruit fly D':

She shouldn't attack it if she is in passive mode(and she doesn't, my fly is totally fine even with Abigail around). The fly is a neutral creature, and Abigail attacks them only if you switch her to aggressive mode, which makes no sense on the base. You don't have to fight anyone there. Just don't forget to change her to a softie on the base and they will be friends forever.

Cloud saves would be a welcome addition.

11 hours ago, Gourmand said:

40 stack of dragonfruit takes extremely long to cook into pies...

Get more crock pots (in the caves, preferably). The caves are severely underrated for the safe space they provide. I have areas with both many crock pots and drying racks (I have yet to try making the new farms, but they should also be viable), and nothing bad has ever happened to them. The only real threat are the cave-ins caused by the Antlion, although that boss is easy enough to kill, even in a solo world. Hay walls in the caves are also severely underrated, since most mobs there can't destroy them and they provide all the safety you need against depth worms.

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

As i told you when you shared thar problem, you can place structures on soil but you cant place the sistrum because you build the walls 1st instead of the sistrum and later the walls

To build you need to follow this (helpful when making a base boat): big structures (alchemist engine, cookpot, etc)->small structures (fridge, salt box, chests, etc)-> walls and fences->pot ferns and small relics

Making the square of walls made you unable to place the sistrum because of the collision that have the sistrum 

Not 100% accurate: You can’t place ANYTHING onto soil that’s been dug up by the Rig-Majig, even on a empty plot without the fences or walls. At least it’s not something you can do on Xbox Series.

With the Sisturn placed I don’t think I can place a Rig-Majig to dig the dirt up.. 

I get WHY Klei doesn’t let me do it.. (because if I planted seeds the objects would blocking its growth) but I would still very much love to be able to place items/structures onto tilled up garden seedless garden soil.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Not 100% accurate: You can’t place ANYTHING onto soil that’s been dug up by the Rig-Majig, even on a empty plot without the fences or walls. At least it’s not something you can do on Xbox Series.

With the Sisturn placed I don’t think I can place a Rig-Majig to dig the dirt up.. 

I get WHY Klei doesn’t let me do it.. (because if I planted seeds the objects would blocking its growth) but I would still very much love to be able to place items/structures onto tilled up garden seedless garden soil.

Maybe in console doesnt work like in pc

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

1653864477_ScreenShot2021-06-05at1_17_19PM.thumb.png.d5c1d6b3566929d88a8ea131bbd3548d.png

Tada!

Step 1: make farm plot with riga-majig

Step 2: get rid of starting tilled soil. The easiest way to do this is to plant seeds in the tilled soil and dig them up.

Step 3: build sisturn

Step 4: build walls and re-till soil to your desire

8 hours ago, Dextops said:

make it so untamed merms go back to their houses if they are unloaded (or anything to make them go back to their houses once their payment is over)

Lmao! I posted this thing to the bug tracker today.

1 hour ago, Friendly Grass said:

1653864477_ScreenShot2021-06-05at1_17_19PM.thumb.png.d5c1d6b3566929d88a8ea131bbd3548d.png

Tada!

Step 1: make farm plot with riga-majig

Step 2: get rid of starting tilled soil. The easiest way to do this is to plant seeds in the tilled soil and dig them up.

Step 3: build sisturn

Step 4: build walls and re-till soil to your desire

So I have to make the soil plot, dig up the soil plot, place the items, and then replant the soil plot? How does that work??

I still want to add this to the QOL List because the steps to do that are overly complicated- For example... I really like some of the Cawnival decorations- But instead of just being able to place them in the Graveyard/Garden.. I have to dig the soil up every time I want to plant a new decoration? 

It would be so much easier if Klei just let us place things on the tilled (seed/plant less) soil.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So I have to make the soil plot, dig up the soil plot, place the items, and then replant the soil plot? How does that work??

it’s not the soil plot you need to dig up and replace. It’s the tilled soil spots. When you use a rigamajig, you start with some tilled soil spots in random places already on the farm plot. These are the tilled soil spots that were blocking your sisturn placement.

69DA217A-2732-490C-BD22-AD13F83BA9DB.jpeg.cab1cafd4e9994a2eeff211f28c47dcc.jpeg

So you just remove these, then place the sisturn. And you can till them back in afterwards if you want them.

9 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

it’s not the soil plot you need to dig up and replace. It’s the tilled soil spots. When you use a rigamajig, you start with some tilled soil spots in random places already on the farm plot. These are the tilled soil spots that were blocking your sisturn placement.

69DA217A-2732-490C-BD22-AD13F83BA9DB.jpeg.cab1cafd4e9994a2eeff211f28c47dcc.jpeg

So you just remove these, then place the sisturn. And you can till them back in afterwards if you want them.

FINALLY THANK YOU!!! 

76E016E8-535A-479A-9940-FFF3547441B0.thumb.png.ff9c2d204ac3cfadcf8bb89d6455a2af.png

Archived