Will Return of Them have a new puzzle?

With all the RoT updates coming out, a thought that keeps coming back to me is:

Will we get a new Metheus-esque puzzle for Return of Them?

With all the lore that's been dropping and the mirroring to A New Reign, it seems likely for another puzzle to come out. If we do get another one, what do you think it'll be about, what will the rewards be, and what lore significance do you think it'd have? I'm very curious to hear your thoughts.

56 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Joe said it on the new official Discord that they are planning a new puzzle that may or may not require 3 people

To clarify since this is a bit vague: it was stated that: "The next time you see a puzzle it's going to be a really big deal," and require "At least more than 2."

He also said "It's important to me that it fits the lore so it will be tricky."

Which leads me to believe a puzzle is planned, but may still be getting worked out/made. So this update may or may not have one.

Just keep your expectations tempered just in case. 

37 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

To clarify since this is a bit vague: it was stated that: "The next time you see a puzzle it's going to be a really big deal," and require "At least more than 2."

He also said "It's important to me that it fits the lore so it will be tricky."

Which leads me to believe a puzzle is planned, but may still be getting worked out/made. So this update may or may not have one.

Just keep your expectations tempered just in case. 

yea thanks. There's so much conversation on the new server, trying to find it again would've been a nightmare, so I just said what I remembered. But yeah, thanks for the clarification

I

8 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I don’t think he said it would “require” more than 2. He first said:

“Think Metheus x 100 - last time was "2 player" - it won't be only 2 next time”

several people imply 3,4 or even 100 people puzzles. To which Joe responded:

“At least more than 2. lol”

to me this makes it sound like it could still be completed by 2 people, but larger groups may also work together. 

https://discord.com/channels/811366477390413886/811689563772026920/837579743472648212

Metheus is capped at two. The next puzzle will not be capped at two, rather it sounds like it will be a minimum of two people to complete but will potentially allow for some unknown number more to participate.

On 5/1/2021 at 6:54 AM, 1moregame said:

Metheus is capped at two. The next puzzle will not be capped at two, rather it sounds like it will be a minimum of two people to complete but will potentially allow for some unknown number more to participate.

more than 2 means a minimum of 3

Archived