[Game Update] - 461106

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the boss 1st phase is lacking from his melee atack (the one that he makes flapping like a fish after rotate). I hope isnt intended, it was cool

what doesnt perish is items placed INSIDE the glowcap, basically to make spores able to bring color but without the boring task of replacing them every year

Oh Ops lol I misread the patch notes then, I thought it meant Anything in the lights radius (that it’s beaming light directly down onto) wouldn’t perish.

I stayed all afternoon preparing staff and green amulet for the next update. :wilson_cry:

I just saw that they made the change in the crown. As it was, it would be much easier to get infinite light...But I don't think the state that's right now is ideal. These crown fragments are better than festive lights, but in terms of accessibility things are quite disproportionate. To get this new item you need to spend a lot of time and resources to get an item with a function similar to festives lights, which are extremely easier to get. I expect an alternative way during the fight to get these fragments. Because it's a very late game item I don't think it's making up for.

Edited by zVince

4 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Enlightened Crown Shards can now be placed into Mushlights.

A single Enlightened Crown Shard powers lights at full strength, and prevents other items in the light from perishing.

View full update

May I make a suggestion?

If you put an enlightened crown shard in a mushlight, maybe give said mushlight a positive sanity aura as well?

• GL Happy 1

Hate to go counter-current here, but as someone who often uses mushroom lights with less than 4 socketed items in them to create pathway lighting that marks the way without lighting the whole biome like Vegas, the change to the shards that forces them to give max illumination radius makes them not benefit me at all.

I understand the addition is to make Celestial Champion repeat content, but lighten the amount of times it needs to be farmed for base builders... but isn't there a way the shards can go back to being just a non-event light bulb? This change moved the boss from something I wanted to try time and time again back to a one-and-done encounter.

If not that, perhaps go in a different direction and make a lunar lamp light requirng the shard as an ingredient? In turn the lamp makes everything inside non-perishable. We all benefit, and get a cool additional light source for our bases.

Edited by -Kiyo-
Erratas
  • Wavey 1

1 hour ago, -Kiyo- said:

Hate to go counter-current here, but as someone who often uses mushroom lights with less than 4 socketed items in them to create pathway lighting that marks the way without lighting the whole biome like Vegas, the change to the shards that forces them to give max illumination radius makes them not benefit me at all.

Wouldn't there still be spores, lightbulbs, festive lights, and astral detectors for partial lighting effects?

• Like 5
  • Wavey 1

12 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Enlightened Crown Shards can now be placed into Mushlights.

A single Enlightened Crown Shard powers lights at full strength, and prevents other items in the light from perishing

There it is!

you know i wonder if no one says anything about how you can use greengems to get more crowns  i wonder if klei would have ever removed the crown building at all? i mean you can use the greenstaff on a livin log and get literaly NOTHING and that is still a thing now that i say this wonder if klei sees me and remove the ability to use greenstaff on livin logs because that is clearly a bug if anything just because its a somewhat craftable item of 1 character

53 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

you know i wonder if no one says anything about how you can use greengems to get more crowns  i wonder if klei would have ever removed the crown building at all? i mean you can use the greenstaff on a livin log and get literaly NOTHING and that is still a thing now that i say this wonder if klei sees me and remove the ability to use greenstaff on livin logs because that is clearly a bug if anything just because its a somewhat craftable item of 1 character

I think it's funny. Would be even funnier if you got health back from doing it lol

• Sanity 2

Here is the fight again, this time with the new changes:

Spoiler

Phase 1 doesn't have the tantrum attack anymore. This phase goes by a somewhat faster now because of it.

Phase 2 made the spin attack match the speed of the player. All you do is just make sure you are no where near the thing before it starts spinning (ie. it punishes you for staying near the thing before it spins) where as before, you could stay near it before it spins, as shown here. This part got slightly longer and is still the most difficult/punishing phase.

Phase 3: Feels like the tiara attack got slower? And I think the laser attacks? Nothing else that I could really tell though.

Edit: Video changed to one that actually has sound this time.

Edited by lakhnish
made a new video cause other one had no sound
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aeglefire said:

Unrelated question, why does Wilson always try to "go for the eyes" of everything he tries to attack? :D 

because he had once an acident on his eye and do have revenge on that he trys to attack eyes of others first

• Sad 1

After seeing the new upgraded boss battle video, I still think the boss needs buffing.

Phase 1 needs more spice to it I feel. Maybe there could be secondary structures that are spawned in phase 1 that the player must lure the rolling ball into in order to destroy them, before the player can damage the boss.

Phase 2 seems like more pillars can be summoned to trap the player. And the foot that comes down should deal damage to the player, instead of dealing no damage (the summoning pillars foot).

Phase 3 could have the beams add +20 enlightenment to the player if they hit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aeglefire said:

Unrelated question, why does Wilson always try to "go for the eyes" of everything he tries to attack? :D 

Well, the eyes sure as hell won't be going for you, so you might as well take the lead

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

That seems excessive. The spike summoning is the only opening you have to attack.

I mean it just looks weird to me that it smashes the ground with its leg, and the player doesn't get hit. Also, at worst, it's only minus 10 hp for the player if the player manages to get hit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aeglefire said:

I mean it just looks weird to me that it smashes the ground with its leg, and the player doesn't get hit. Also, at worst, it's only minus 10 hp for the player if the player manages to get hit.

And feels weird to see the boss receiving damage from melee but doing a range atack even if it has a small chance of trapping you. Looks silly

• Like 1

On 4/22/2021 at 6:51 PM, Mike23Ua said:

If all things in the light no longer perish, can I place all my food in the lights radius on the ground and have food that never spoils? :wilson_lightbulb:

Well you can't place food in the lights, only spores or lightbulbs (in terms of perishable)

17 minutes ago, Purple Squirtle said:

Well you can't place food in the lights, only spores or lightbulbs (in terms of perishable)

It was a misunderstanding- I was thinking that the light that beams down from the light would make things in its beam no longer perish.

sounds like an OP end game thing.