Should ice be out at sea early game even late game?

I feel the need to go to the ocean very limited except for the stone fruits. 

I think making icebergs a thing would promote that going out to see more and possibly even freezing part of the ocean to walk on temporarily.

Overall icebergs should be a thing.

Ideas?

1 minute ago, Grim the said:

Now that ice floats, I don't see why not. Maybe only in Winter, so the ocean isn't even more dense with rocks.

I think ice bergs would create this problem and make seafaring more tedious. Having to destroy icebergs that get in the way and regenerate every winter. If its anything like on land then they wont go away immediately and preserver throughout spring. Besides getting ice on land is a lot easier if you need it for fling'os or as filler. 

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

I think ice bergs would create this problem and make seafaring more tedious. Having to destroy icebergs that get in the way and regenerate every winter. If its anything like on land then they wont go away immediately and preserver throughout spring. Besides getting ice on land is a lot easier if you need it for fling'os or as filler. 

One solution could be an ice plow of sorts, another could be them much melting faster. Alternatively, you could be able to charge through them and they can't cause leaks. Just a couple ideas.

Just now, Grim the said:

One solution could be an ice plow of sorts, another could be them much melting faster. Alternatively, you could be able to charge through them and they can't cause leaks. Just a couple ideas.

Ive wanted the kraken to be brought over from shipwrecked only because the drill and ram would be amazing to have. Still this is disease all over again with a tedious addition needing a tedious solution/maintenance. 

But! If they could manage to isolate it all to ONE part of the land's ocean that may work. A polar north to keep it from cluttering the ocean.

I mean there are already nearly melten glaciers in the rock biomes during autumn. So yeah there could be melting glaciers in the ocean during autumn. I would just have the sea glaciers follow the same rules as the land ones

9 hours ago, Aeglefire said:

I've seen a mod in the Steam workshop that supported floating icebergs in the ocean. And yes, I think icebergs in the ocean should be added, I love the idea! :)

Edit: Like a Pengull city could be added out there.

oh man, moving pengulls out to their own small ice-covered island would be so nice. it would make moving along the edges of the map less laggy, reduce pengulls nesting at base and give people a reason to repeat-sail if they like eggs and ice(not to mention be an offshore basing option for people who just like the screamy little buggers)

I've always wanted icebergs to counteract public player behavior of somehow using up all the ice regardless of how much there is. If you want to play on public servers you have to either use the ice immediately, such as making flingos in the winter and forgoing aspargazpacho, or hide the ice, such as making hidden ice box underground.

And I don't think being able to get ice year-round by sailing would really affect the balance on private servers at all. It's extremely easy to just get a bunch of ice during the winter (especially compared to the difficulty of obtaining ice by sailing), the only problem is when you have 7 other people who are seemingly just eating raw ice or something.

No thanks to the above suggestion of removing the existing glaciers on land. I think land and sea glaciers can co-exist nicely.

There is nothing fun about forcing players to go to the sea for content they could access before on the land.

Archived