Why is blue fungal turf... not blue?

unknown-22.thumb.png.fb37590f8df92156df3e8ffdb112558c.png

Seriously. The turf's inventory icon looks so fricking good and then you place it and you get this vaguely pink nonsense.

The only time this looks remotely close to the titular blue is in winter.

I mean, I really want some pink turf (looking at you, Sugarwood Park), but not like this.

27 minutes ago, Slagger said:

What does it exactly?

Only thing I saw in a partial English comment there was "post processing disabled", probably meaning the seasonal filters are off or something. Still one gotta admit end-result looks quite beautiful:

F6E09CC615511955A1BD581B587992E301993FDC

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Only thing I saw in a partial English comment there was "post processing disabled", probably meaning the seasonal filters are off or something. Still one gotta admit end-result looks quite beautiful:

i am inspired to make my base look like this 

6 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Dude, is that your base? That looks f***in' sweet.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Also according to the wiki lureplants arent supposed to spawn eyes on some fungal tiles, but i find it always spawns on them no matter what.

That's for DS, though I'm not sure how accurate the information is.

In the DST section, it says Eyeplants can spawn on all 3 fungal turfs.

43 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

That's for DS, though I'm not sure how accurate the information is.

In the DST section, it says Eyeplants can spawn on all 3 fungal turfs.

Darn, that's too bad. I was trying to decorate a garden with lureplants. They seem to only not spawn on the more "ugly" tiles.

11 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

At least it's safe from griefers.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:54 PM, Slagger said:

What does it exactly?

Below is a side-by-side comparison how in-game filters look when using that mod, and how they show the visual tones after I've turned off respective mod:

beauty-filter-mod_comparison.thumb.jpg.e68239a9221ab5de00b33509f66d91d1.jpg

From what I can realize, it deactivates normal seasonal filters, accentuates contrast and heightens brightness. That brightness seems to remain after mod is off. Haven't tested it further to see if normal palette remains affected in general after mod was used and deleted, but I for one don't like this "lasting effect". On the other hand with mod on, broader aspect is pleasing, at least for Autumn. Remains to be seen in case of Winter snow and Summer respectively.

Edit: nvm, after game restart, without mod all went back to normal. Spoiler has how DST's default seasonal hue - autumn in this case - looks like. I must admit, from what I see for now, I'll probably use the mod altering contrast/filters; if even fireflies and other light sources are more pronounced via it, will be a net positive in visuals department imo.

Spoiler

default-game-filters.thumb.jpg.d6907026ec0894ccb49c81738da9a3d9.jpg

That mod is GORGEOUS, but I'm not sure if it would work with my gameplay.  With random seasons I like to see clearly what the lighting is slowly (or quickly!) turning to (I swear, to me it starts to look a bit like the next season when you're late into the current one.  Especially from spring to summer) and the insanity-desaturation helps remind me to look at my brain icon and see how it's doing.  (I have the swirlywirlywirlywirly blur vignette effect turned off, so...)

Otherwise I would use the mod, especially at my main camp, where it'd make the bright green meadow grass and pink cherry petals even PRETTIER.

crimboloot2020.thumb.png.6ac10009b0b387ff92b0fdc6d5bb80a9.png

and it'd make the stupid invading FROGS even greener too!  : P

twoshrines.thumb.png.4bafbc41e235d64aa54ca570e0478979.png

(ignore the different-looking UI; I was using the "Roseate" skin for it for a while there. I've since gone back to the default look.)

...but I like the visual information cues the regular game lighting filters give you, so...

...Notorious

Archived