[Game Update] - 455519

• Developer

Changes

• Mod file loading has been changed, this should result in a significant speed up, with the speedup being more noticeable the more mods were enabled.
  • Beefalo no longer run away when dismounting them.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed controller support issue when trying to change Skin filter options.
  • Fixed a bug causing performance issues on the host game screen/mods screen.
  • Fixed a bug with the friendly fruit flies AI causing it to stutter.
  • Fixed salt stacks not having map icons.
  • Fixed versioning for leveldataoverrides.lua.
  • Fixed the beef bell crafting recipe not prototyping properly.
  • Fixed a bug causing beefalo to duplicate in the caves.
  • Fixed a bug causing beefalo to lose their speed modifier when traveling from forest to caves.

Notes

• Just as a reminder, to set world settings for dedicated servers, you must be using worldgenoverrides.lua, any other method is unsupported and could break at any time. Information regarding worldgenoverrides.lua can be found here.

Notes for Modders

• Modinfo will now only reload if the version string is different from the version string of the modinfo it had already loaded.

View full update

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 2

32 minutes ago, Jero-San said:

Can we get a small update that adds the image of Wes and Winona from the previous post as a vignette please. Same with the Wilson image in the roadmap post.

Same. I would also like to see 2020 year roadmap promo as a vignette

image.png.010df4a507862406df080da2cd2ebf80.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

Notes

• Just as a reminder, to set world settings for dedicated servers, you must be using worldgenoverrides.lua, any other method is unsupported and could break at any time. Information regarding worldgenoverrides.lua can be found here.

I have that file only in my Caves folder. I updated that one and deleted the leveldataoverride.lua I was using. Should I add a similar file to the Master folder, or not?

• Like 1

• Developer
39 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

I have that file only in my Caves folder. I updated that one and deleted the leveldataoverride.lua I was using. Should I add a similar file to the Master folder, or not?

you don't technically... it if your wanting to generate a stock world, then no worldgenoverrides is fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are the values for long/short seasons accurate? I set Autumn to long on ps4, but it ended on day 21. When I exit out I can still change the settings (Autumn: very long for example) but it doesn't apply/save. Any way to fix this and make it so you can retroactively change settings on an already existing world? @zarklord_klei

• Like 1

• Developer
51 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Are the values for long/short seasons accurate? I set Autumn to long on ps4, but it ended on day 21. When I exit out I can still change the settings (Autumn: very long for example) but it doesn't apply/save. Any way to fix this and make it so you can retroactively change settings on an already existing world? @zarklord_klei

Good catch, will be fixed in the next hotfix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Ups 2

Hi ,
I have the same problem with Gourmand , no matter if I had set the season to be very short , or short , the season will end on day 21.
when i exit out and tried to edit the setting for season it does not apply or save.
I am playing on PC windows

Thank you very much for looking into this.

So I mentioned this yesterday: 

...After trying out a a few more worlds, I'm convinced world generation is bugged, specifically when it comes to the options to spawn more or less of a certain kind of object/creature. In my most recently created world, despite setting the values of several creatures and spawners to "tons," I'm seeing very few of them and, for some types of spawners, there aren't any at all. 

• Sad Dupe 1

21 hours ago, Ternative said:

So I mentioned this yesterday: 

...After trying out a a few more worlds, I'm convinced world generation is bugged, specifically when it comes to the options to spawn more or less of a certain kind of object/creature. In my most recently created world, despite setting the values of several creatures and spawners to "tons," I'm seeing very few of them and, for some types of spawners, there aren't any at all. 

I totally agree!

New worlds are boring now....no more hostile map. Some biomes are empty, no monster, no creatures, nothing. And if you apply the "lots" or "tons" that doesn't work a lot... kinda boring. 

hey i got a good idea how about a roll back on versions casue i lost all my god damn saves hey thats just fun huh damn wish i could play this game with forceing me to update to shitty versions man am pissed i was haveing SO much fun untill this release TY for ruining my fun 

LOVE from teddy