[Game Update] - 454107

I usually have a pool near the pod, but not generally 200 cycles in, its usually covered, and having 8 pop out is nice!

11 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

They just need to be "guided" to a preferred pool. :-D (Meaning deconstructing/building any tile to their way to the water source). Once, I built over the main ladder in order to lead fishes in my storage pond (...and then I forgot about that and dupes didn't have access to the toilet.. :nightmare: )

This leads to a strange notice - the Pacu that come out are fully grown and 0 cycles old, which means they're easier to tame!

I think it would be better to get pacu eggs - but this is obviously a Klei play. So flopping fish it is.

I laugh at my printing pod with all the contradictory duplicant attributes.

Undigging molehands! Buff anemic!

A flatulent night owl nyctophobic greasemonkey... ( talk about a bump in the night ). Some of these combinations are priceless / humorous. 

Edited by The Plum Gate
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, pether said:

I like that we have more reseach colors, makes research tree more fun. Wouldn't mind 5th or 6th color tbh :) Maybe you can make Microlab and Planetarium as two different tech branches and keep both of them? The more the better

They could easily make medical research its own thing if they wanted to.

12 hours ago, babba said:

For 1 second I thought rats are now in the game :rolleyes: - Rats or mice would be a great addition. It could be cute colony mice or dafty space rats ( traders ).

image.png.28a2459455e1bfc6da49e8f1dff80ba5.png

[insert obligatory volgus pic]

20170612191959_1.jpg.e67dce7753d7bbe8916

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 3

1 minute ago, goboking said:

They could easily make medical research its own thing if they wanted to.

Hey, I was thinking the same thing!

It could be gathered by doctors, not the sciencist, so there would be more pressure to have doctoring duplicant.

Another one could be gathered by Artists. Or Farmers and Ranchers.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

2 minutes ago, pether said:

Hey, I was thinking the same thing!

It could be gathered by doctors, not the sciencist, so there would be more pressure to have doctoring duplicant.

Another one could be gathered by Artists. Or Farmers and Ranchers.

I once had the idea that dupes could contract unknown diseases from visiting locations on the star map, and that the cures would have to be researched before they could be administrated.  In my mind, the diseases' symptoms and communicability would be randomized, meaning we'd need to quarantine the infected until we determine whether or not the disease was lethal or infectious.

• Like 3
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 2

30 minutes ago, goboking said:

I once had the idea that dupes could contract unknown diseases from visiting locations on the star map, and that the cures would have to be researched before they could be administrated.  In my mind, the diseases' symptoms and communicability would be randomized, meaning we'd need to quarantine the infected until we determine whether or not the disease was lethal or infectious.

I like this idea. One of the things i would like too see expanded in oni are diseases. So far i just ignore them all and never made a medbay. I think they should be, at least, way more severe than they are.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, goboking said:

+1

This would make the game a bit more a journey, the Nostromo directly came to my mind.

image.png.a736b0fe5109fd0f10f89e738b0241a7.png

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

Interesting. Finally we have something to do inside the spacefarer module (other than living of course). I wonder if they`ll bring back the research modules to enhance the research capabilities (i assume that structure produces data banks).

• GL Happy 1

I just wonder how the orbital lab will work. Hopefully you can't just put it into orbit and gather data infinitely without moving around. I would imagine something similar to the old space research, where you could loot a maximum from each destination and would need to go somewhere else for more data or patiently launch a whole lot of rockets to gain the small amounts from a "looted" destination.

4 hours ago, goboking said:

I'd love it if they removed all basic diseases except food poisoning and replaced them with randomly generated ones that vary from save file to save file. I think it'd be cool if in the germ menu it was full of ??? marks for each disease, and when you fully research it it reveals what it is and what it does. Maybe there'd be a bunch of properties and variables that could be assigned to them. So some disease permeates through tiles like zombie spores and causes a duplicants to emit large amounts of heat, which would pose an industrial threat into the game.

I think making the diseases an industrial and destructive problem is one of the best reasons to make people care about them.

Edited by Squeegee
Grammar(3) + added sentence combo