New Update

:chargrined: confirmed by the devs that no new character till full realese D:

Well, that's sad. Judging by your avatar, you really want to play Woodie. Let's just hope they are trying not to make us too eager, and end up surprising us.

You know what woul be cool would be high tide, like after rain, were tiles by the water get covered by water. You would be slowed upon walking on them, and can get pulled into the sea if you stay there when the tide rolls away. When rolls away, it leaves fish and rocks and flint (Making those things renewable)

I wants lightning rods, alternative items to face winter and alternatives to healing.

It would be nice if they implemented a small heal over a long time for food, with different food satiating you for longer heal times. Long term healing would be a nice thing to have so it would at least be a bit balanced.

They might make more healing items, because the only effective ones I can think of are the honey poultice (and I never make my base near a swamp), fishsticks, and butterfly wings. I also think that they are going to add a lot to story mode, so that it can be complete by release. I would also like alternative means of warm items during winter because all the winter items (beard doesn't count) that don't take up my backpack slot require beefalo fur, and I have the worst luck when it comes to finding beefalo.

They might make more healing items, because the only effective ones I can think of are the honey poultice (and I never make my base near a swamp), fishsticks, and butterfly wings. I also think that they are going to add a lot to story mode, so that it can be complete by release. I would also like alternative means of warm items during winter because all the winter items (beard doesn't count) that don't take up my backpack slot require beefalo fur, and I have the worst luck when it comes to finding beefalo.

I think we have alot of healing things, dragonfruit does alot, and i think everybody is right on story mode :biggrin-new:

I think the swamp needs tweaking between the merm swarms and the tentcals not to mention the pan flute nerf and chester's bone not spawning there anymore its now its not really worth exploring

chester was hotfixed like a week ago :)and we know that the next 3 patches are mostly story mode stuff, and balancing and maybe a few small goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View PostThe update trailer is almost done, and will be posted tomorrow. This update is a change of pace - lots of small changes and bugfixes, but no new huge systems.Here's a condensed preview. I'll say no more until Tuesday!Newly re-tuned adventure mode (less winter-focused at the start)Lots of new setpieces (adventure mode specific and general) Exploring can be very profitable now.Craftables: Earmuffs, Hot Stones, Piggyback(pack), Lightning Rod, Healing SalveFindables: Touchstone, Pig Head on a Stick, etc...Enemies: The Bishop!Integrated game modes (it'll make sense when you see it)

I think the swamp needs tweaking between the merm swarms and the tentcals not to mention the pan flute nerf and chester's bone not spawning there anymore its now its not really worth exploring

You need reeds to get birdcages which are pretty useful now I find. Also need them for honey poltice. Not to mention all the goodies that drop when merm meets tentacle and spider. Its a dangerous place to be sure but lots of resources drop here.